What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre dressing

A

Anonymous

When your down at mine at the end of the day will give your tyres a quick clean and try carpro pearl on them and see what you think see if you notice any sling.

T1 will answer that soon (durability) as its out on a few cars and my own as of sunday so will see how it goes it does dry nice so hoping i will see good things from it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
BespokeCarCare said:
When your down at mine at the end of the day will give your tyres a quick clean and try carpro pearl on them and see what you think see if you notice any sling.

T1 will answer that soon (durability) as its out on a few cars and my own as of sunday so will see how it goes it does dry nice so hoping i will see good things from it.

Thanks Lee. Will be interesting to try the Carpro stuff :thumbup:

Hopefully I will be applying T1 to my car on Saturday so will see what the durability is like. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Applied Gtechniq T1 to my tyres yesterday. Put 2 coats on, for a glossy finish. Wiped the tyres down this morning before driving and very pleased to report that there was no sling. Great news :thumbup:

Have to see what durability is like now but all good so far. Anything with no sling is great in my book and the tyres have a lovely glossiness to them.
A very happy bunny :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Applied Gtechniq T1 to my tyres yesterday. Put 2 coats on, for a glossy finish. Wiped the tyres down this morning before driving and very pleased to report that there was no sling. Great news :thumbup:

Have to see what durability is like now but all good so far. Anything with no sling is great in my book and the tyres have a lovely glossiness to them.
A very happy bunny :dance:

keep us posted on durability .. not many people stocking it as yet !! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Ive said it before, and will reiterate......................All my motoring life, (Some 50 cars owned over the years), I have kept my tyres looking prestigne with liquid Shoe polish, then Buffed accordingly.
Why not give it a try and see for yourselfs.

MMal

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Ive said it before, and will reiterate...................... I have kept my tyres looking prestigne with liquid Shoe polish, then Buffed accordingly.
Interesting :thumbup: Good tip. Pleased that you choose to reiterate, I obviously missed this tip previously

A

Anonymous

Thank you Kerry for information! :greetings-wavingblue:
My bottle of Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing will end soon, so I'm open for new products. :cool:

RCZ1

Reaction score
MEvans said:
Ive said it before, and will reiterate......................All my motoring life, (Some 50 cars owned over the years), I have kept my tyres looking prestigne with liquid Shoe polish, then Buffed accordingly.

MMal

How often do you have to re-apply? And importantly, does it sling?

RCZ1

Reaction score
sensen said:
My bottle of Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing will end soon, so I'm open for new products. :cool:

My pleasure :D

Reported to last at least 2 months, if not longer. I'm not sure I could go that long without re-applying it at some point, but we'll see.

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:

MMal

how much is said product .. and how many tyres does it do .. and is it one coat or more :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

To dress 4 tyres with liquid shoe shine your talking a bottle every 2 apps are you not so it gets kinda expensive.there is no tyre dressing that dont spit on the rcz as the cars wheel track is wider than the lower part of the bodywork best thing to do is get front wheel mud gaurds :roll:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
sensen said:

My pleasure :D

Reported to last at least 2 months, if not longer. I'm not sure I could go that long without re-applying it at some point, but we'll see.

how many times will the average 250ml of t1 do 4 tyres with say 1 coat on an average 17in tyre !!! :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
there is no tyre dressing that dont spit on the rcz as the cars wheel track is wider than the lower part of the bodywork best thing to do is get front wheel mud gaurds :roll:

Well there is actually. I've used more than my fair share of tyre dressings on the RCZ and I can say that Swissvax Pneu and now the Gtechniq T1 DO NOT SLING. Categorically :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mel said:
how many times will the average 250ml of t1 do 4 tyres with say 1 coat on an average 17in tyre !!! :helpme:

Well when you look at it in the bottle it looks like water but it is actually a gel, but not as thick as Meguiars Endurance gel, if you've used that. I just put a small drop on a foam applicator pad which did half a tyre. Then same again for the rest of the tyre. I didn't use much at all and if it lasts as long as its claimed, then I can see the bottle lasting for quite some time indeed. I hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Any particular shoe polish?

Hi Brad,

I use the liquid stuff,(Brands have been variable), ie the type in a plasic container with the Sponge applicator attached. Being liquid it is obviously easier to apply

Mal

A

Anonymous

mel said:
MEvans said:

MMal

how much is said product .. and how many tyres does it do .. and is it one coat or more :eusa-think:

Hi Mel,

I usually pay approx £1.50 per bottle ! 1 I only need to reapply infrequently, and I think it is good for approx, 16-20 tyres !! Obviously its down to your own enthusiasm

Regards,

Mal

A

Anonymous

You can buy car plans Tyre Slick for £3 99, plus its won Auto Express best tyre dressing now for years, give it a try!

A

Anonymous

Code:
bradshaw said:
You can buy car plans Tyre Slick for £3 99, plus its won Auto Express best tyre dressing now for years, give it a try!
That's not bad but trust me the Supergard one is the nuts :thumbup: