What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre dressing

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jassy, can I ask which tyre dressing you use. They look very glossy in these photos. Also do you find it slings? Some sling a little, others a lot. I don't want any sling! I've only found one that doesn't on white paint.

yes i know what you mean slinging :( my fave macguirers tyre gel just covered the rcz when i got it i used this on my civic with very little sling but on th rcz it was bad so i tried Tyre Silk its a spray on and can be for £3 its great i give a very light 1st coat leave for 30 mins then give another light coat.its the least slinging tyre dressing i have found and gives a very good finish into the bargain and its a doddle to apply,RCZ1 i also blame the conti's as well as the cars design the conti side tread just seems to come over into the sidewall that bit more than other tyres,scrubbing the tyres with a old microfibre cloth before application also helps the finish so i think anyhow as gets the old dressing off :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Decision almost made...

So Tyre Silk still slings then? My current one doesn't but durability isn't the best but I can put up with that for zero sling.

RCZ1

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:
So Tyre Silk still slings then? My current one doesn't but durability isn't the best but I can put up with that for zero sling.

yip but its not that noticeable durabilty is great and its won autoexpress awards a few years in a row,which tyre dressing do you use that doesnt sling and i will give it a go :thumbup:

I'm using Swissvax Pneu. I've tried at least 7 or 8 tyre dressings on the RCZ and they have all slung to differing extents. You are right in that it does depend on the tyre, because I've used the same tyre dressings on my husband's 4x4 and some of them don't sling from his tyres. I personally can't stand to see any sling marks so it has to be zero sling for me :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Car Plans Tyre Slick isthe best one on the market, if applied properly it dosnt sling and really lasts.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Car Plans Tyre Slick isthe best one on the market, if applied properly it dosnt sling and really lasts.

i am getting my tyre silk mixed up with my tyre slick :lol: :lol: same gear

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
So can you buy Tyre Slick from Halfords then?

YES but its £5 :wtf: its £3 in asda if there is any down your way RCZ1 even tescos

A

Anonymous

iv just bought some Gtechniq T1 seen a review on it looks awesome 12 pound new!

RCZ1

Reaction score
daniellll.bee said:
iv just bought some Gtechniq T1 seen a review on it looks awesome 12 pound new!

I've just bought some too but for the introductory price, cheaper than £ 12.
I'll be waiting with baited breath to see IF it slings AND how long it lasts :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Haha! Donna I had never heard this term used before but after reading this thread I get the gist.

Sling
Noun:
A flexible strap or belt used in the form of a loop to support or raise a hanging weight.
A sweetened drink of liquor, esp. gin, and water.

Sling:
To splash unwanted body panels with wet tyre dressing :)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Am I being dim.... what is 'sling'????

sling........when it spits off the tyre wall and on to the side of the car whilst driving the car covering the sides in little black spots applying to much wall dressing normally leads to this,i have never known a car like the rcz to get so much on it front mudflaps would help :eusa-think: i have just washed my car in gale force winds/rain :wtf: and have notice the rear hubs are starting to rust time to paint them me thinks :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's not only applying too much that causes sling, it can be down to different tyre types. I've used the same tyre dressings on both our cars and the same one will sling on mine, but not on the other. I don't apply mine too thickly so it's not that too much is being applied and the tyres are fully cleaned before being applied. I've dressed the tyres on the RCZ, wiped them down after about half an hour as I always do, and then not driven the car for a couple of days AND I've still had sling. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I can't say I've ever noticed that before :eusa-think: I use Autogylm stuff, use it quite sparingling. I use it every time I was the carm really brings the tyres up nice. Anyone else tried it? A bottle goes a long way....

Jassy I was going to wash mine today - neighbours both sides were doing theirs - but it was blowing such a hooley that I thought bugger it, I'd end up with more water on me than the car.... and it's not hot enough for that kinda carry on!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've used the Autoglym stuff too and still got sling. The problem is, it's really noticeable on white cars, not so much on darker coloured cars. I've used the same dressings on my last car ( red ) and I never noticed any on that.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
I can't say I've ever noticed that before :eusa-think: I use Autogylm stuff, use it quite sparingling. I use it every time I was the carm really brings the tyres up nice. Anyone else tried it? A bottle goes a long way....

Jassy I was going to wash mine today - neighbours both sides were doing theirs - but it was blowing such a hooley that I thought bugger it, I'd end up with more water on me than the car.... and it's not hot enough for that kinda carry on!!

Donna my hands were truly stinging with the cold i was even in pain it was that cold in the wind,my rcz was filthy disgusting so with all the grit and wet roads of the past week :twisted: :twisted: but never known rust were its starting the shield behind the discs and all round the edge's and on to the hubs JUNK :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Donna my hands were truly stinging with the cold i was even in pain it was that cold in the wind,my rcz was filthy disgusting so with all the grit and wet roads of the past week :twisted: :twisted: but never known rust were its starting the shield behind the discs and all round the edge's and on to the hubs JUNK :twisted: :twisted:

I did mine today Jassy and I was feeling your pain! We even had snow this morning, but as soon as that melted off the car, I was out. It'll be boggin' again tomorrow morning but at least it's had last weeks salt/sand off it! I 'think' my hubs are starting to go too :( I'll leave it until the spring and the salting's past and take a trip to the dealer.
Noticed a wee scuff on the back drivers wheel today, and I'm buggered if I recall doing it....my Dad had the car all last weekend but I hope he would've been honest enough to say if he kerbed it. Ach well, it'll fix....

A

Anonymous

Carpro Pearl or the new gtechnic tyre dressing for me I think carpro wins on price and application for me not quite as long lasting though its more important to get the tyres really clean before applying the dressing does help them last longer if you are getting sling with your tyre dressing then around 10 mins after application give them a gentle wipe over with a old microfiber.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Have you tried T1 yet Lee? Just wondered how you found it and how long it lasts?

I've got some but not had chance to use it yet.

I've tried all sorts of tyre dressings on the RCZ and sling is a big problem. I think it could be down to the tyres, lots of grooves for products to sit in. I always wipe down my tyres after about half an hour when I've applied tyre dressing yet apart from SV Pneu, they all sling to varying degrees. Used the same ones on OH car and he doesn't suffer the same problem to the same extent.