What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre dressing

RCZ1

Reaction score
sensen said:
Kerry how is durability for now?

Well at the moment they are looking a bit muddy :thumbdown: I will be washing the car on Saturday. It will be 2 weeks since it was applied, so I'm hoping once they are rinsed down that they will look like T1 has been newly aplied.

I will update in Saturday :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

4 weeks and 2 washes out of first test on gtechniq tyre dressing before i wanted to put another coat on

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
sensen said:
Kerry how is durability for now?

Well at the moment they are looking a bit muddy :thumbdown: I will be washing the car on Saturday. It will be 2 weeks since it was applied, so I'm hoping once they are rinsed down that they will look like T1 has been newly aplied.

I will update in Saturday :thumbup:

Unfortunately due to the weather didn't get Pearl washed at the weekend, so hopefully update this coming Saturday. Weather forecast is looking good for the weekend :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Never have i known a tyre wall dressing to stay on in wet weather especially on the rear wheels and still look okay :(

Maybe the tyre company's should bring out a BLACK PATENT EFFECT SIDE WALL TYRE just like the shoes my dad wore in the seventies :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well reviews of T1 have said that even driving for 4 weeks through the recent salt and snow, that it still looked newly applied when the car was washed. I'll be interested to find out for myself :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Well reviews of T1 have said that even driving for 4 weeks through the recent salt and snow, that it still looked newly applied when the car was washed. I'll be interested to find out for myself :eusa-think:

picks please when you get the results :thumbup: as this would save me a fortune on tyre slik :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Update on T1. Washed the car yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks. It's 4 weeks since T1 was applied (2 coats for a glossier finish) and done over 1000 miles in that time. On washing the car and wheels/tyres you could tell that there was still a dressing on them albeit a bit matt looking. I could have left it but the proverbial tyre dressing person inside of me HAD to apply another coat. Just one coat added and used even less product than the last time as it was just sort of topping the look back up again. All in all quite impressive. and NO SLING :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Update on T1. Washed the car yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks. It's 4 weeks since T1 was applied (2 coats for a glossier finish) and done over 1000 miles in that time. On washing the car and wheels/tyres you could tell that there was still a dressing on them albeit a bit matt looking. I could have left it but the proverbial tyre dressing person inside of me HAD to apply another coat. Just one coat added and used even less product than the last time as it was just sort of topping the look back up again. All in all quite impressive. and NO SLING :thumbup:

Sounds like the results I got :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Used poorboys bold & bright tyre dressing yesterday. Can report absolutely no sling. Both previous products I've used have plastered the flanks of my RCZ with hundreds of black dots. Can't say how long it lasts but who cares if it don't sling. 1 litre bottle cost £12.99 of eBay & free p&p just spray on and wipe with rag even smells of coconut result :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Applied T1 on tyre and mudguard week ago. Put only one layer cause I don't like glossy look. Still very good mat finish. Especially like it on mudguard, still no dust on it and good mat finish.

Yes and NO SLING !

A

Anonymous

Car Plans Tyre Slik is the one to beat, been voted no1 by Auto Express for 10 years running, no sling and lasts for weeks.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Car Plans Tyre Slik is the one to beat, been voted no1 by Auto Express for 10 years running, no sling and lasts for weeks.

YIP and its only £3/£2 from asda ;) ;) ;) ;) :thumbup: