What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre cleaner recommendation

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes a sponge or foam pad will be super. I've been applying it with a brush but I've just found out that its causing a bit of sling because I've been applying it too thickly, with the brush. With the sponge or foam pad, you don't put as much on so you don't get the sling. Apply sparingly, a little does go a long way. Leave for 30 minutes then just wipe the tyre down with an old cloth. Job done :thumbup:

t110jim

Reaction score
now moved on to wolfs tyre and trim restore no sling as it dries to leave satin or gloss finish depending on number of coats

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
now moved on to wolfs tyre and trim restore no sling as it dries to leave satin or gloss finish depending on number of coats

Sorry Jim, what colour RCZ do you have?

Tyre dressings are currently my obsession. I like a glossy look but these tend to either sling or not last too long.
Sling really is more noticeable on a White car. I'm trying to find the ultimate tyre dressing, if there is such a thing :eusa-think:

t110jim

Reaction score
black just tried seal and shine and bodywrap on the painwork cant say how lock tyre dressing last yet but no sling so far

A

Anonymous

Believe it or not........................I use ordinary Liquid shoe polish, (In a dispensing bottle),to dress the sidewall of the tyres, costing the pricely sum of £1.39p. at Aldis.
I have used this method for over 12 years on a variety of vehicles, and I can assure you that it keeps the tyres looking smart and prestigne.
You dont need to keep up regular applications ,as it wears well, (Unlike some of the relevant Car based products). You only have to try something like this to be persuaded.

t110jim

Reaction score
wolfs trye and trim dressing

wolfs body wrap

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Jim

The car looks great. I've just been reading about the various Wolf products and they look very interesting, especially the bodywrap, which you have used. Certainly gets rave reviews from Polished Bliss. I might get some to try on hubby's black car. Can you let me know about the durability of the tyre dressing and if you experience any sling. This might be the next one I try - certainly looks good on your tyres. :thumbup:

t110jim

Reaction score
Will update you on tyre dressing , I have used shine and seal followed by bodywrap. Have yet to try the nano shapmoo and quick detailer will give update when I have tried them

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
Will update you on tyre dressing , I have used shine and seal followed by bodywrap. Have yet to try the nano shapmoo and quick detailer will give update when I have tried them

Hi Jim, following on from your post and pics, I've done even more research on the Wolf products and they are really rather impressive. Therefore I have ordered the seal and shine, the body wrap, the nano shampoo and the tyre dressing. I will get some QD soon too. I can't wait to try it. Going to put it on my husband's car first but need a cooler, overcast day to do it. Did you use a machine polisher to apply the seal and shine as this is the recommended way? Although they do say you can use it by hand. Will probably go with the polisher as it will bring the black up nicely :thumbup:

My plan is then to apply the products to Pearl before the winter. Durability is about 9 - 12 months.

t110jim

Reaction score
no sling from tyre dressing seems to last ok aswell will update you later used machine to apply seal and shine

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
no sling from tyre dressing seems to last ok aswell will update you later used machine to apply seal and shine

Thanks Jim. Just applied some of tyre dressing to my RCZ and first impressions are very good. Leaves a very nice glossy look to the tyres. Only given them one coat and will wipe them down tomorrow morning before I go out so hopefully no sling :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just tried the Meguiars "Endurance tyre gel" free sample from the stand at Pugfest..............It looks very good actually, nice and glossy shine with two coats and whey hey, no tyre sling. I shall be investing in a proper portion (ooh errr, Mrs!)

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
Just tried the Meguiars "Endurance tyre gel" free sample from the stand at Pugfest..............It looks very good actually, nice and glossy shine with two coats and whey hey, no tyre sling. I shall be investing in a proper portion (ooh errr, Mrs!)
I have purchased to full size bottles of the same. Applied with their applicator and it looks great but I had loads of sling. Will try to be more careful to avoid it the next time that I use it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I tried this again at the weekend but this time using a brush to apply. Applied it very, very thinly and spread it around the tyre. Left it to dry overnight and then wiped it down the following morning. Whey hey, no sling :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have had to wash Pearl2 again today. This is the forth time in 7days. Partially due to my tyre dressing, Megquiers Endurance is the stuff that I am using and I don't rate it. Firstly the appearance doesn't last for long and secondly it is an absolute bugger for sling. I need to find something better and possibly a fool to buy a bottle and a half of this other crap of off me

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron,I did tell you that the Endurance was a no-no on white cars because it does sling. I would highly recommend Gtechniq T1 new tyre dressing. It really does last, looks good and is easy to apply and does NOT sling.

A

Anonymous

Gtechniq T1 though for value for money has to be carpro pearl diluted down 3-1 for me drys right in to the tyres after 10-15 mins can alter the gloss add more coats or make it at 1-1 can be used for engine bays and interior plastic at 5-1 so very versitile

i am not a fan of Endurance as it can cause tyyres to go brown over time.