What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre cleaner recommendation

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you mean something to clean your tyres or do you mean a tyre dressing ie makes the tyre wall look like new?

If you mean the latter, then there are lots on the market. It depends what sort of look you are after - shiny, matt and durability. You also have to be careful which you choose as some cause sling ie when you drive the car it slings the excess onto your paintwork. Not a good idea on a white car.

I use this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOSMART-%22HIGH ... LICONE---2.
A lovely shine and has good durability and can also be used as a trim dressing.

This gets good reviews for it's durability but can be prone to sling. Once applied, leave it for half an hour, then wipe any excess off with a old rag.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... d_103.html
Can be bought from Halfords too.

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ_84 said:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/bilberry-wheel-cleaner-5-litre/prod_504.html

Smells Good and cleans your alloys well...spray on, leave for 10 min, agitate a little and rinse!

You should only need to use this product once. Once used, seal your alloys with an alloy sealant, something with good durability - 3 months or more. Then come each wash you only need to jet wash the alloys, then a little water and shampoo and they should come up like new. :thumbup:

If you use this on sealed alloys, it will strip the sealant - just a word of warning :!:

A

Anonymous

The e bay linky doesnt work,,,,,,,,,,what was the product ? Its the make em look new again look I think I'm after

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's called Autosmart Highstyle. Just do a search on ebay. They can come in various sizes but the 500ml I think it is will last ages. You don't need alot and I apply it with a paint brush !

A

Anonymous

I've been using Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing witch I'm very pleased with it really highlights the conti 3's

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
blackfire for me

What's the black fire like Jim? Is it matt or glossy? Does it sling?
Have you got any pics with it on your tyres? How long does it last?

Sorry for all the questions :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
blackfire for me

I'm using blackfire at the moment, & am finding sling even tho the car was left unmoved for 2 days after application. I actually like this product, but am now on the hunt again for something else with no sling. It's rather messy to apply too!

A

Anonymous

I dislike ebay intensly mainly because I want to order my product there & then & know it's as good as on it's way to me by the time I log off, (I also don't know how to use ebay) so have searched around for this AUTOSMART HIGHSTYLE elsewhere. http://www.uksupplydirect.com/category/ ... ageindex=2 appear to sell 5ltr containers of it for £30.95 The site seems to sell trade & retail, & this item is under trade, but I'm going to see if I can purchase it regardless. Will let you know! :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
MARTHAMAY22 said:
t110jim said:
blackfire for me

I'm using blackfire at the moment, & am finding sling even tho the car was left unmoved for 2 days after application. I actually like this product, but am now on the hunt again for something else with no sling. It's rather messy to apply too!

Thanks for the info marthamay. I think I'll give this one a miss then.

RCZ1

Reaction score
MARTHAMAY22 said:
I dislike ebay intensly mainly because I want to order my product there & then & know it's as good as on it's way to me by the time I log off, (I also don't know how to use ebay) so have searched around for this AUTOSMART HIGHSTYLE elsewhere. http://www.uksupplydirect.com/category/ ... ageindex=2 appear to sell 5ltr containers of it for £30.95 The site seems to sell trade & retail, & this item is under trade, but I'm going to see if I can purchase it regardless. Will let you know! :eusa-think:

Good find there. 5 litres will last you forever :thumbup:

Just remember to apply it sparingly, leave for 30 minutes and then wipe down with an old cloth to take off any excess.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1 yet again. Have ordered the 5LTR with a view to using it on 3 cars & our works vehicles. Thanks for the usage tip, as I find sometimes these manufacturers dont always put instructions on the bottles, that idiots like me can understand, so that's very helpful. :thumbup:

Have also just ordered 5LTR Bilbery Wheel Cleaner-never used it before but all the reviews on Cleanyourcar, seem impressive! Have you any experience of Bilberry products-that's probably a stupid question :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes I have used the Bilberry wheel cleaner. It does a very good job of cleaning baked on brake dust. Once cleaned with the Bilberry, seal your wheels with a good quality wheel sealant/wax, then all you should need to do is use shampoo and water, after a power wash of the wheels, to keep them clean at every wash. You can dilute the Bilberry but if you use it at a stronger dilution, it will strip off the wheel sealant. The wheel sealant I use lasts for 3 months between applications.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yes I have used the Bilberry wheel cleaner. It does a very good job of cleaning baked on brake dust. Once cleaned with the Bilberry, seal your wheels with a good quality wheel sealant/wax, then all you should need to do is use shampoo and water, after a power wash of the wheels, to keep them clean at every wash. You can dilute the Bilberry but if you use it at a stronger dilution, it will strip off the wheel sealant. The wheel sealant I use lasts for 3 months between applications.

:thumbup: Cheers very much for that. Would you recommend any particular wheel sealant/wax, or is Collinite good?

RCZ1

Reaction score
MARTHAMAY22 said:
RCZ1 said:

:thumbup: Cheers very much for that. Would you recommend any particular wheel sealant/wax, or is Collinite good?

Collinite will be okay but its not made specifically for alloys, something to do with the heat generated by the brakes etc.
This is what I've been using on our two cars for the last year and it really does a good job of protecting the alloys and it produces a really good shine too. The wheels clean up really easily with just a power wash and a clean with shampoo and water :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Do you mean something to clean your tyres or do you mean a tyre dressing ie makes the tyre wall look like new?

If you mean the latter, then there are lots on the market. It depends what sort of look you are after - shiny, matt and durability. You also have to be careful which you choose as some cause sling ie when you drive the car it slings the excess onto your paintwork. Not a good idea on a white car.

I use this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOSMART-%22HIGH ... LICONE---2.
A lovely shine and has good durability and can also be used as a trim dressing.

This gets good reviews for it's durability but can be prone to sling. Once applied, leave it for half an hour, then wipe any excess off with a old rag.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... d_103.html
Can be bought from Halfords too.

Cheers for the advice RCZ1, I received the Autosmart silicone today and will try it out on the weekend, I usually put this type of treatment on with a sponge, What's your recommendation?