What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Turbo lag

Speedypuff

Reaction score
Hey everyone ,
I have a 2013 1.6 turbo and was looking for some advice regarding tuning . I’m mostly looking for advice on the best way to reduce the amount of turbo lag as it takes ages for the turbo to kick in

any help would be grateful

thank

Verminator

Reaction score
I think 🤔 the best way is to get a remap it will make a big difference...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Speedypuff

Reaction score
Hi ,
yeah I was thinking of doing that just looking to see if anyone had done anything with there cars .
ive already put an induction filter on it and have also done a back box delete with twin carbon tips on it and it’s sounding really nice with some pops out the back

2retro

Reaction score
Has it always been like that? There shouldn't be any lag. You should be planting your heavy right foot and the car should be off near instantaneously. The fact it isn't means there is an issue somewhere so that's what you need to get to the bottom of first...

SteveXP

Reaction score
The THP156 has a quite significant lag, while the THP200 and THP270 have not.
As far as i know this is mainly due to the Variable Inlet Valve Lift which only THP 200 and 270 have. (All THPs have Variable Valve *Timing*).

On my THP 156 in lower revs (<2200 rpm) the lag to full power feels like 2 seconds.

As a side note, there are numerous reports of the THP150 engine before the reliability-ECU-Update having had a much more direct response. So a remap on the THP156 might help.

2retro

Reaction score
Well there's zero lag on mine so I don't know what your 2 second delay is all about...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
No lag on mine either and even more go since the remap! ;)