What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Toyota GR Yaris

Flanners

Reaction score
Never purchased a hot hatch nor a new car but seriously tempted with one of these. Purely from the totally bespoke nature, the engineering, passion and performance. Going to be collectable for sure. Great a car company has made such a car in 2020! Want...............so much mirrors why I bought the RCZ-R.

Last edited:

2retro

Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I had a very embarrassing misunderstanding with my new Irish girlfriend.

Turns out she just wanted me to take her in the Yaris... 🙄

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I'm also very into this box of fun. And I don't mean what 2retro is referring to... :p
But only as a second hand car. I'm not willing to pay the premium the sellers are going to call for it.
As this is a Japanese car I hope its second hand prices will dwindle rather quickly over here in ze Germany.

Flanners

Reaction score
I just drove to local dealer to have a look on way back from food shopping, forgot about Covid and Lockdown in my excitement to see one in the flesh they were closed to the public. They did not have one on display when I looked in, had a few Supra's though. This would be a car used pretty infrequently, I am with you reckon that there should (as always) be some downward movement on prices but reckon that will be 3-5 years when the dealers lose control of them from PCP deals and then they will rise again and be a modern classic pretty quickly. Looks a car that is great fun for A and B roads whatever the weather.

CraftyRCZ

Reaction score
Ordered mine in September and expect delivery in March or April. Couldn't pass up the early bird deal that Toyota was offering here in Australia (AUD40,000 on the road = GBP 23,000).

Brilliant little car with a lot of similarities to the Z - felt at home straight away during my test drive at the beginning of December. Is much more connected to the road and feels incredibly solid with more suspension compliance and overall grip than the Z. Obviously a bit unfair comparing an almost 10 year old car with a new one but it will be a great treat to be in a brand new car for the first time in more than 30 years!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw one of theses the other day.
When I pop in for some service items for my GT86 I might see if I can have a nosy at one.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Yes but £35k , you can buy some seriously good cars for that sort of money.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes but £35k , you can buy some seriously good cars for that sort of money.
You could, but then you could say that about anything.

I know someone that just bought a second hand Qashqai.
I told him he could have bought a V12 7 series BMW for that money. I mean I'd rather have something with TVs in the back and leather everywhere than a crappy frontwheel drive bore box.

It depends on what you want doesn't it. I'll assume people that want something very different to the usual raft of dreary modern Mercedes and BMWs will buy the Yaris.

Pedro

Reaction score
Buy Electric as in the not too distant future legislation will crucify petrol & diesel car owners that is why all the major vehicle manufacturers are now planning to build only Electrified units which includes Trucks Trains & anything on 2 or 4 wheels & most major cities across the world will ban all fossilised vehicles from entering their boundaries so park & ride is on the Horizon

Kerr

Reaction score
Buy Electric as in the not too distant future legislation will crucify petrol & diesel car owners that is why all the major vehicle manufacturers are now planning to build only Electrified units which includes Trucks Trains & anything on 2 or 4 wheels & most major cities across the world will ban all fossilised vehicles from entering their boundaries so park & ride is on the Horizon

It's 9 years before they stop selling brand new petrol cars. There is plenty of time left. Diesel cars will be pushed out before petrol.

Once people start moving from fossil fuel cars to electric cars it will leave a huge hole in taxation raised through the duty and VAT on petrol. The government are already talking about filling that hole by charging by mileage.

There is concern what electric cars will do to the environment longterm. It's a dirty business mining and disposing of the materials in a battery. Some experts claim the impact to the enviroment over their lifespan might be even worse.

Pedro

Reaction score
It's 9 years before they stop selling brand new petrol cars. There is plenty of time left. Diesel cars will be pushed out before petrol.

Once people start moving from fossil fuel cars to electric cars it will leave a huge hole in taxation raised through the duty and VAT on petrol. The government are already talking about filling that hole by charging by mileage.

There is concern what electric cars will do to the environment longterm. It's a dirty business mining and disposing of the materials in a battery. Some experts claim the impact to the enviroment over their lifespan might be even worse.
The recycling issues is a sticking point but that is the manufacturers problem as they will still own the battery even though the car has been sold its nothing to do with the owners just down to the cost of replacing the battery & new technology has paved the way for the batteries to be recycled on a mass scale Sweden is now conducting tests on solar powered trucks & the same is happening in the US its only a matter of time before we all have to adjust to seeing garage forecourts only selling Electric vehicles