What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Time to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
Rob

Was not meant to cause offence merely to close the topic.

All due respect we dont want undue negative attitudes on the forum.

Personally yes i have had issues, if you look at my history & by forming a positive relationship with the dealer and peugeot customer services have managed to bring to a happy conclusion.

I agree service & aftersales are top of my list when considering brands but with two year service intervals its not really an issue to me.

Having worked in the fleet industry for the last thirty years am yet to find any brand that is 100% that I have not had an issue with at some point.

At the end of the day its a people thing and yes the service you get is down to an individual on the day.

Its a forum there's ment to be negative and positive posts so potential buyers and owners can get a true reflection of the car and the service from Peugeot, one of the major problems in this country is that British people don't complain enough.

In all the time I've used the forum Rob has come across as one of the most helpful members, so I think when he expresses his poor service from Peugeot which has resulted in him getting rid of the car we should be supportive to him and not the Peugeot dealer network :evil:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Have you ever seen an Alfa or MG forum? :lol:
No I haven't. What are they like? My last one was the Astra TwinTop owners. I am such a proponent of free speech and have never refrained from expressing my opinions. But I do listen too!

FGRob

Reaction score
Well just to close this off, I've now had my new car for just over a week, in the end went for a Mini Countryman Cooper D All4 - long name for what should be a small car, which it certainly is not. Not everyones cup of tea but it ticks all the right boxes for what I need including a decent dealership :eusa-whistle: It's not a looker but it still attracts attention purely because there's not a great deal about at the moment, I've seen more RCZ's in a week since I've had the Mini. :lol: :lol:

Any way this is what it looks like, it is big, plenty of room and runs very nicely with the added bonus of good fuel economy and 4 wheel drive.

I'll see what happens with Toyota and the FT86, this is a bit of a stop gap until I decide what I want next.

Rob. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Congratulations on your new car! :)
Your RCZ dealership nightmare has me very weary for whenever it is I buy the car!!
I'm quite surprised at your ~£3,500 costs, though - isn't the vehicle meant to be under warranty??

A

Anonymous

I for one do like the Mini,quite like what BMW intend doing to it's tuned version's as well :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

its one of the pitfalls of ownership for any car..if your local dealer is hopeless its right old slog trying to find a good one close enough to justify travelling.

the only main dealer close within 3 miles to me is a ford Dealer, after that its a BMW dealer

my skoda dealer is in newcastle about 12 miles away..luckily they have been pretty good (this is my scecond vrs from them) but the truth is I have nver had to deal with them because neither car has gone wrong

certainly servicing is decent, fixed prices so no shocks and they will collect and drop off the car if you want them to ( my missus works close by so its handy for both us and the dealer)

I bought the current one brand new and again it was a good experience.

my main worry about any car is the dealer really....I keep looking at guiliettas, but the dealer rep always scares me off (though in newcastle its the same lot as the skoda dealership so I may be willing to give it a go)and to be honest peugeot dealers are a bit of a mystery to me..again nearest to me is a Richard hardie dealership in sunderland I think..its a name thats been around for many years

A

Anonymous

Rob,
I actualy do think it is a "looker".

My very first car was a mini, 998cc if i remember rightly, oh i loved it, put wider wheels, fur on the dash, spots on the front , dice, had to have dice !
And a set of chrome air horns on the front grill that played the theme from the God Father, honestly they really did :lol:

I was 17, spotty, and full of zits and i thought i was the monkys nuts, but probably looked and sounded like a right prat nipping round the streets of Swansea blasting out my "Marlon Brando" theme music, whilst trying to impress the local "ladies" down by the chippy, i think i gave most of them a bloody heart attack when that first note blasted out from those horns, :lol:

Time really does fly and now many many years later even the bloody radio is too loud for me. :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

Hell Fire JacTac, you are showing your age now. Dont tell me that you now even put creases down the front of your jeans ! !

A

Anonymous

funnily enough..my first car was a mini

1275gt, de-seamed body 13 inch wolfrace alloys, no back seats and a pair of cobra buckets up front...I even had the steering column lowered slightly and with a tiny steering wheel it was like carting..back in 1987 when insurance didn't cripple you and petrol was less for a gallon than it is for a litre now!

showing my age :)

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Hell Fire JacTac, you are showing your age now. Dont tell me that you now even put creases down the front of your jeans ! !

yeah but i still got all my own teeth :D :thumbup:

Of course i crease my jeans and i got dice on my zimmer. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Gingernick said:
funnily enough..my first car was a mini

1275gt, de-seamed body 13 inch wolfrace alloys, no back seats and a pair of cobra buckets up front...I even had the steering column lowered slightly and with a tiny steering wheel it was like carting..back in 1987 when insurance didn't cripple you and petrol was less for a gallon than it is for a litre now!

showing my age :)

A mate of mine had the original Mini Cooper with the twin petrol tanks, it was bright orange with a white roof and jesus it was quick, but he didnt have the optional air horns . :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Don't take offence Rob, but that thing is like a kid with the face only a mother could love......

:D :D

FGRob

Reaction score
mr shiney said:
Don't take offence Rob, but that thing is like a kid with the face only a mother could love......

Now remember the saying "people in glass houses" :dance: :eusa-whistle: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
mr shiney said:

Now remember the saying "people in glass houses" :dance: :eusa-whistle: :lol: :lol:

LOL. :clap:

A

Anonymous

Rob,
looks are a personal thing anyway and are less important than quality and a good build, which is probably what your getting here over the RCZ.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hey it's all good fun. ;) :thumbup:

Interestingly enough I've had several emails from the Group MD of the garage I brought the RCZ from, seems a decent chap, but as I've said it's water under the bridge now but he still wants to review where they went wrong - no problem with that. :thumbup:

I still can't get over the offer of £99 check up & oil change, when they charged me £120 just for an oil change - that one stings a bit.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
....runs very nicely with the added bonus of good fuel economy....

Yes the PSA Group (Peugeot/Citroen) 1.6 HDi 112 bhp is quite a nice little engine isnt it :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZGT200 said:
FGRob said:
....runs very nicely with the added bonus of good fuel economy....

Yes the PSA Group (Peugeot/Citroen) 1.6 HDi 112 bhp is quite a nice little engine isnt it :thumbup:
There's a bit of a debate going on about this on a couple of the Mini forums, certainly the Mini sales guys are convinced it's a BMW engine, so time will tell I think, but yes you are right it's a nice smooth engine, mid range is pretty good considering it's driving all 4 wheels.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Rob

I was driving along the other day and saw this car in the rear view mirror a bit behind me, 4x4 I thought! As I approached a junction and it got close to me I noticed it was a Countryman. God it looked huge in my rear view mirror. It really does surprise you how big they are for "Mini" :D

FGRob

Reaction score
Yep they are a bit of a beast, I class it more like an X1 than Mini, nice drive plenty of room front and back.

Currently in Belgium - Brugee, it's our normal holiday visit, seen a few RCZ over here - a white one yesterday but no Mini's :lol: :lol:

Getting some strange reaction from folk, as I think they are still pretty new over here, it's a bit like when we came over in the RCZ this time last year.

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.