What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Time to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGRob

Reaction score
Well I have to say it's with with deep regret that I have now decided to sell the car, I love it to bits but I think the dealer support is beyond words, my car has been damaged again after the 4 alloys were replaced this week due to corrosion, hence my comments with regard to the mirrors.

My biggest fear was the dealer support and it turns out to be my biggest nightmare, for me the dealer support is as important as the car itself, I'm not sure how it can be fixed but I think the car deserves better, especially after my trip to the factory seeing how these guys are fully committed to the car.

I wish you all well with your cars, I hope you don't experience what I have, not sure what I'm going to have to replace it yet, I'm going to wait for the new reg in Sept whatever I decide on.

It's been a pleasure meeting some of you and of course talking with you all on this forum.

Thanks
Rob Stanyer.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to read your post Rob. However I know only too well how you feel. I left the Vauxhall marque for the very same reason. I will be taking delivery of a brand new RCZ in September from a dealership whose threshold I shall never again cross. I have found a dealership who I am hoping will be able to look after my new purchase and hopefully supply her replacement. Car dealerships really do need to improve as I have never bought a replacement car with one yet. They always fail on after sales service.

A

Anonymous

Thats terrible when I had my RCZ I found the dealers really poor and if you have to use them a few times it really ruines your ownership experience :( :thumbdown:

Any idea what your considering getting next?

A

Anonymous

I once had a Renault Megane that i bought from new, i loved the car from when i first saw it advertised, i had to have one and i did, it was my first brand new car.

After 9 months of nothing but pure hell it had to go.
Luckily unlike Rob the dealer i was dealing with was fantastic and i didnt even buy the car from them. The problems i had with the car in 9 months are far to long to mention, but as soon as one thing was fixed something else would break or happen to the car, sometimes nothing to do with the manufacturing of the car, but things like bodywork getting damaged from objects on the road or the screen getting broken 3 times in 3 months.
It was not always a mechanical fault (most of the time it was) but some of the time it was pure bad luck, and that Megane had it in bucket loads.

It just seemed that we were not ment to have this car , even though right up until the day i sold it i wanted to keep it.

I just think sometimes things are not ment to be, in life and in motoring too. :(

A

Anonymous

This is bad. It would be nice if we could get some sort of reaction from Peugeot themselves.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to see you leaving our forum.

Poor aftersales service is true for most makes of car Dealers.

I have adopted the attitude now where if its not fixed the first time I go straight to Dealer Principle.

I have even booked appointments with the Dealer Principle for them to explain what they did wrong.
Might be over the top but works every time.

Never had a problem since.

If you are leaving because you have had many problems with your alloys, get them to change them for another style.

I had a JCW Mini with the same problem that is why I never have alloys with a polished edges. After 3 replacements alloys they replaced them with any wheel from JCW range.

Good luck with your new purchase when you find the car you want.

A

Anonymous

Have to say that this is not an unexpected event :eusa-whistle:

Despite Others attempting to highlight how poor Peugeot Service can be (on occassions), this has usually been met with quite a stinging response about giving Dealerships a chance(s); stop moaning about minor issues; what do you expect with a new car; oh God, here's another Moany Member Post; etc.
Unfortunately, it's quite a different matter when it's you that's receiving the Poor Service :(

I feel for you, as it is not nice to have such things occur with your vehicle. I can't help think that there must be some "higher presence" in this world that says: "What goes around, comes around".
I think you have taken the right approach and voted with your Feet.

There will probably be more such posts as the first year of ownership starts to come round for some.
Still waiting the discussion relating to Residuals at the 3 year point :lol:

Does make me think should I have stopped at the Peugeot Garage rather than going straight on to the Audi Garage.
Have to say that Audi Service is second to none.

Anyway, Good Luck with your next choice of vehicle and sincerely hope that you have much better Karma than you have had with this vehicle.

Take Care and Enjoy Life :beer:

A

Anonymous

So sorry for your unhappy experience and you will be missed on the forum. Good luck, Rob :beer:

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

So sorry to read of anyone with bad fortune, but all best wishes for the future. It's v nice of you not to rubbish everyone else's choice of the RCZ, in view of your own terrible experience - that say's something very nice about you!

Best of Luck. Sure we'd all like to know what you decide to get in it's place (unless it's a TT of course) :lol:

Bye bye & stay safe :(

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi All.

Thanks for your support, you are a great bunch of people / friends, I will always say the RCZ was / still is one of the greatest cars I've owned. But when you add up all the costs for the repairs which have been done by the dealership, (I estimate to be approximately £3500, drivers seat replacement, new door seal, 4 alloys, seat belt, re-wax / scratch removal, full valet, dent removal and all the calipers corroded (not replaced) after they cleaned my car when I told them not too) you get very angry and see why I feel the car needs to go, they can't even change a set of alloys without damaging the underneath of the car for god's sake. I dread to think what would happen if I took it in for the mirrors.

There's one other factor which is difficult to explain and may sound stupid but is always at the back of my mind, what if we have another repeat of the accident in Switzerland, when you are sitting on the hard shoulder looking at the remains of the aftermath you are thinking to yourself - F**k me, we were lucky to be alive and how the hell did we get through that, it may be a one off event but my wife still talks about it and we both now find ourselves shouting out to other admiring drivers - look where you are going you crazy bastards (bit of an Austin Powers moment). Which when you think the car has been out for over 12 months is a credit to Peugeot, but also a worry for both the wife and me.

Any way I thought about other dealers, yes it's an option, but one of the main factors for me when buying any car is the convenience of a good local dealership, this car is also my work horse for my business so I don't want to have to go outside the area everytime there is a problem - time is money as they say.

I am a strong believer in giving people a second chance - which I did, but after that I will walk even if it costs me money, it's pointless sounding off if people are not prepared to listen, shouting may make you feel good but it does not really get you anywhere especially when a car is 10 months old.

As for a replacement, well I'm not sure yet, my wife's car needs to be changed first, see loves her Urban Cruiser which she wants to replace with another one, it is a great car it did us proud in the snow this year, there are a few options on the table one of which includes just exchanging my car for a new Cruiser and I will run her old car until I've made my mind up what to have. Any way we will see what happens today.

Thanks again, I still will be around, you don't get rid of me that easily, although I can't tell you what to do any more. ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

all very good points rob all of which are true in todays society :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
all very good points rob all of which are true in todays society :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

I fully endorse these sentiments. I could have written Robs post myself as I feel exactly the same. If I don't get the service I walk and hang the cost. You can't buy principles.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to see you go FGRob but it is understandable. :wtf:

Know its a "swear" word here but I really rate the Scirocco as a class car! might be a nice replacement and can be had cheaper than the RCZ too :beer:

FGRob

Reaction score
Not really considered a VW, but it's all sorted now. The car goes at the end of June, got a pretty good deal which will sort me out until I decide what to do next.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Ok thanks & good bye

Dont forget there are two sides to every story, lets move on.

FGRob

Reaction score
GT RCZ said:
Ok thanks & good bye

Dont forget there are two sides to every story, lets move on.
That's a bit sharpe - I hope you don't experience the same service and yes there is more sides to any story and yes I have moved on. :roll: :roll: :wave:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Rob

Was not meant to cause offence merely to close the topic.

All due respect we dont want undue negative attitudes on the forum.

Personally yes i have had issues, if you look at my history & by forming a positive relationship with the dealer and peugeot customer services have managed to bring to a happy conclusion.

I agree service & aftersales are top of my list when considering brands but with two year service intervals its not really an issue to me.

Having worked in the fleet industry for the last thirty years am yet to find any brand that is 100% that I have not had an issue with at some point.

At the end of the day its a people thing and yes the service you get is down to an individual on the day.

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
Rob

Was not meant to cause offence merely to close the topic.

All due respect we dont want undue negative attitudes on the forum.

Not everything in life is rosy or is it all positive. What on earth is wrong in expressing a negative opinion? As long as you are stating factual information, then that is surly what a forum is about. The exchange of information be it good. bad, or indifferent. Members are mature enough to absorb information and form their own opinion based upon what they read. So a fact is a fact and opinions are that of the writer and may or may no apply to you the reader. But censorship should be avoided.

A

Anonymous

True. Plus its a forum. Its where people go to talk about their car problems.

Have you ever seen an Alfa or MG forum? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.