What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Time to rest the RCZ R.

turboguy

Reaction score
I had the same issue with that code, ended up swopping the time chain which has since cured the issue

pennant235

Reaction score
I had the same issue with that code, ended up swopping the time chain which has since cured the issue
I got the timing chain and thermostat housing changed which sorted my engine light issue. All sorted now. Just need to buy brake pistons from god speed and the discs. What do people feel about the good speed discs or should I save up a bit more for tarox discs

Marmite

Reaction score
Arghhh still no car, they found another problem the pistons on the callipers are rotten. Just ordered a set of Godspeed with seals 🤪 looks like gigantic bill is coming and that’s no exaggeration ☹️
If you can get the pistons out you should be ok if not it’s a new calliper an be very careful they are very week where the top dust seal is locates . I was lucky with mine . Good speed do a refurb service but I can’t remember how much they charge, good luck !

Claret63

Reaction score
I got the timing chain and thermostat housing changed which sorted my engine light issue. All sorted now. Just need to buy brake pistons from god speed and the discs. What do people feel about the good speed discs or should I save up a bit more for tarox discs

I looked at the tarox before changing mine, they look a great piece of kit, only worth it though in my view if your going to do a lot of track work, meaning you will be changing the disc more often.

I just think the OEM disc are so good like everything else on the car, is it worth going with an alternative, I would keep everything as Peugeot sport intended.

turboguy

Reaction score
Depends on the price really, I went with original pug parts cos it was cheaper than tarox. Fish brothers for the discs were around £700 when I bought them. The original discs have lasted for just over 60k miles on mine