What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Throaty exhaust butterfly thingy

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Slobby.

How long have you had you car and when did you order it.

OK I've just seen you intro - you've not got your car yet.

Thanks
Rob

A

Anonymous

so hang on.................let me get this right; With the sport kit the amplified throaty sound only gets heard in the cabin>??????? whats the point of that? what you want is trhe exhaust note outside surely? :crazy:

A

Anonymous

well so far i know and so far a understand about reading about that soundsystem... you dont get the sound inside the cabin, but outside to... so far as i know. correct me iff im wrong :)

FGRob

Reaction score
This is confusing, there is one area that is difficult to understand, all UK cars are right hand drive so the glove box is on the other side so do they pipe this sound system over the back of the bulk head, seems strange, is this what they do with the 200. Oh well let's hope Peugeot Production answers my PM to get this cleared up, remember we are just talking 156 not 200.

We still not really got to the bottom on the small / large central display on the dash yet :wtf: :eusa-think:

Rob.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I have a friend who works at Peugeot. He had to install the soundthingy in a RCZ a couple of weeks ago. The job can be done, but if he can choose, the next one will be installed by his colleague. :D

Soundbox is only heard inside the car, on the outside there's no difference. :oops:

In Belgium the sportpack (soundthingy, smaller steering and shorter shifterknob) comes standard in the THP200 and is in option available on the THP156. On the HDi is also available in option but only the steeringwheel an shorter shifter, soundbox is not available on the HDi.

A

Anonymous

pfff so whats the use of that then... :cry: :roll:

so i took the sport package for nothing :eusa-think: its so strange you get a great sound inside and nothing outside :shock:

so inside ( VROeEEeeEEEEEMmmmmm!!!!! )
outside ( BZzzZZzzZZzzZ puf puf) :wtf: :D

A

Anonymous

hehehe thats what i thought.............thanks for the clarification Joske. think I'll just play a MP3 file of a Ferrari - waaaay cheaper and a better sound -result! :dance:

FGRob

Reaction score
Does seem a bit of a waste of time, plus I certainly don't like how the unit is installed, coming straight off your main induction pipe, :wtf: what happens if it diaphragm ruptures - bang goes your boost :eusa-whistle: - is this the same install as the 200, I think if it is I would be worried. :shock:

Better to go for the BMC - CDA system at least you will get a nice throaty suck with the added bonus of increased HP - well a little.

Rob

A

Anonymous

I can see the point in it as it delivers a nice experience to the driver.
And as its a Peugeot Part it wouldnt knacker any warrenties ;)