What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Throaty exhaust butterfly thingy

A

Anonymous

So what exactly is this and can it be fitted to the 156? I'd like to hear the grunt :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

From what I heat from the tuners the 200 has a larger bore exhaust as standard.I'm sure the full 200 exhaust assembly would fit up but unsure about adapting parts to fit.

FGRob

Reaction score
The 200 is fitted with a butterfly valve in the induction system, this is what gives the extra noise, I don't think you will be able to fit it, so the next best alternative is to fit a replacement air box, say a K & N or Apexi that will give you a far better sound across the whole rev range - not sure what happens with regard to warranty plus again you will have to advise your insurance - a bit of theme starting here with reagrd to modding and insurance. ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

does it means that even if I have added the interior sport kit option on my 156THP, i will not have the sound system inside?

FGRob

Reaction score
fonfon said:
does it means that even if I have added the interior sport kit option on my 156THP, i will not have the sound system inside?
If you are talking engine noise then yes you will not, the sports pack is short gear shifter plus a small steering wheel and I think a larger centre display screen, it's only the 200 thp which has the butterfly valve fitted.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hmm,

I have just checked on other forum (french) and wikipedia, and the sound system is there if you choose the interior sport kit for the 156THP. I hope they are right as i took it on my future opal white!

Will let u know once i have it!

FGRob

Reaction score
fonfon said:
Hmm,

I have just checked on other forum (french) and wikipedia, and the sound system is there if you choose the interior sport kit for the 156THP. I hope they are right as i took it on my future opal white!

Will let u know once i have it!
Are you talking radio or engine, if engine then no you will not have it you need a 200 engine

A

Anonymous

hello,

look at this http://www.peugeot.fr/Resources/Content ... CT_RCZ.pdf

page 4, they say : Pack Sport (volant sport petit diamètre et levier de vitesses court, Sound System sur THP 156ch). De série sur THP200ch
translation: small sport wheel, and sport gear stick and sound system on THP 156hp) included already on THP 200hp

FGRob

Reaction score
Well if you look at the UK price list it states - Interior Sports Kit - Soft Touch sports steering wheel and sports gear lever (Note standard on the THP 200 engine)

I'm sure that Peugeot Production can clear this up.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I added the Interior Sports Kit to my 156 version, and It also included the Sound System...........................Brmmmmmmm Brmmmmmmmm.

FGRob

Reaction score
MEvans said:
I added the Interior Sports Kit to my 156 version, and It also included the Sound System...........................Brmmmmmmm Brmmmmmmmm.
Is that verbal or actual :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

think its his young son with the model rcz. but i quite like the hdi sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A

Anonymous

FGrob................I dont understand your comment. I just responded to the Topic, and I seem to have received a cynical response. Can you explain please.
I'm not sure what Bee is suggesting either.

FGRob

Reaction score
MEvans said:
FGrob................I dont understand your comment. I just responded to the Topic, and I seem to have received a cynical response. Can you explain please.
I'm not sure what Bee is suggesting either.
It's simple - is this correct in that you have this additional device fitted or as it looks, you make the noise up as you drive along, nothing cynical just a question - as we don't always have the same additions as other countries - ie Europe do not have GT or sport models - hence I've asked Peugeot Production for clarification.

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:

I too have the sport kit and I have my sound system in the 156 thp, but looking for the explanation in the web of peugeot, you can clearly read: reduced steering wheel, reduced gear shifter, sound system and something about the clock.

At least this is what happens in Spain

FGRob

Reaction score
bokepacha said:
MEvans said:

I too have the sport kit and I have my sound system in the 156 thp, but looking for the explanation in the web of peugeot, you can clearly read: reduced steering wheel, reduced gear shifter, sound system and something about the clock.

At least this is what happens in Spain
Thanks Bokepacha - we've had this problem before trying to work out what we have and have not got, especially here in the UK.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Why the hell can't Peugeot just offer the same kits in all countries?

I find it amazing that all the models cost exactly the same in Australia ie 156hp, 163hp and 200hp models are the same price. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Ones an auto tho (156)? Less robust gearbox so less power comparitivly, the auto, DERV and 200 are similar prices Here too

A

Anonymous

well im from belgium and i ordered my rcz.. i also took the sport package, and with the sound system you get the sound like the 200 thp version thats why they made it... not available on the 2.0 diesel version

grts