What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Things YOU would change !!!!

A

Anonymous

Ok so you've saved up your pennies and handed it over to Mr Dealer, 2 months later the car of your dreams is on your doorstep, and you just love it, you would NOT change it for the world !
Well apart from those silly little things that could make all the difference, NOT faults, just little qwerks that YOU would of done differently had you been there at the build.
So what are they that YOU would alter if you had the chance :eusa-think:
Just for fun, name up to 5 things you would change ( please dont turn this into a complaint thread) :thumbup:
Maybe you wouldnt alter a single thing.
So i will start. :eusa-think:
You may or may not agree, so just add your own "changes".

1. Eco mode, in my opinion totaly pointless, at the very least you should be able to turn it off. What is the point in having a media system that plays DVD's that which keeps getting shut down every half hour by "Eco Mode" !! You then have to restart the engine, wasteing fuel, to reset "Eco Mode" , which only lasts another half hour !! Now thats not very " Eco Friendly" if you ask me !

2. Windows should open/close automatically from fey fob. Even my 13 year old Astra does this !

3. Spoiler "Stage" indicator on the dash would be nice .

4. A rear wiper, IF possible without changing the design of the rear window.

5. Gonna keep no5 as a spare . Just in case i come up with the best motoring idea of all time :idea:

A

Anonymous

1. Same comment on remote open and close of windows - PITA
2. Bigger engine - 2.2 Petrol or a 2.7 Diesel
3. Proper LED running lights
4. Bluetooth streaming on NG4
5. Limited slip diff.

A

Anonymous

1. small pinlight by the ignition keyhole
2. both wing mirrors tilt downwards when reverse is selected
3. rainwater doesnt pour into the boot when you lift the bootlid up
4. Proper running lights
5. no 5

A

Anonymous

move the heating seat button, so it does not accidentally switch on when you enter in the car (especially if it is 30 degree outside and you realise something wrong after 10 mins)

A

Anonymous

1 LED running lights like the Audi's have
2 I would of made the key look a bit smarter maybe with a remote start and spoiler up and down option on it
3 start button
4 blue mood lighting in the door panels
5 head up display

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would suggest:
1. Proper LED running lights (but looks like it will get those with the facelift next year)
2. A start button would have been nice.
3. Keyless entry
4. From the outset, I think the RCZ should have had a different "nose" to the other Peugeot models, just to set it apart (like the new 508 does). Not that I don't like it, but it would have made the RCZ feel that extra bit special.

No number 5. In my book, the car is just about perfect for me and my requirements, just the above would have made it absolutely perfect.

A

Anonymous

1. Availability of "keyless go" system
2. "Engine Start Button" instead of turning key
3. Headup display
4. Spare tyre that fits in trunk
5. Better SatNav (more detailed maps for Greece)

A

Anonymous

Some Interesting suggetions so far. I like all of them, but lets not forget that most changes cost £££££££££ !!!!

Keyless entry and push start button would be a nice touch, my previous Renault Megan had that.
LED running lights also a popular choice, which again i agree with.

I think i would agree with RCZ1 on the nose bit too, maybe it's the badge is too big ? But the front somehow does'nt fully flow with the rest of the car, Maybe those LED running lights are just what the front needs to finish it off, just a subtle change ?

And to only have the one tilting reverse mirror, WHY ? When two would of been a lot better !

Obviously the RCZ is not the only car on the road that could of had a bit more thought here and there, but it goes to show that the slightest little change can turn a great car into a fantastic car for the owner.

Never know, maybe someone from the Peugeot design team does actualy look at forums such as this and take down notes.

Ah !! pen holder, do we have a pen holder ? gonna check that one out now :lol:

A

Anonymous

Both mirrors are capable of dipping you just flick the switch over to the one you want. They are meant to dip so you can see the kerb and I don't see many places where you reverse between 2 kerbs!!

I prefer that I can dip one when reversing into the side of the road so I can see the kerb and leave the other so I can see the traffic!

I also like the front end of the RCV apart from the lack of the LED lights.

Keyless entry and a start button would be rather cool though. The Lexus my wife is getting does that!

A

Anonymous

as i not have mine yet,,, well i do ,,, but im not home... i only have 3

1. quads being standard
2. ipod/iphone working with the NG4..
3. new peugeot style front

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Never know, maybe someone from the Peugeot design team does actualy look at forums such as this and take down notes.

if peug prod ever gets back on here,, we should link him this thread ::p

A

Anonymous

1- lower position clutch pedal.
2-seat to slide forward more for rear access
3-rear mats as standard.
4-smaller stearing wheel as standard.
5-spare wheel as standard.

A

Anonymous

1- Bluetooth streaming on ng4 for iPhone (please let a firmware update come out soon for this!)
2- ng4 with lack of bt streaming should have had the aux and USB connector in same place (so you can keep your accessory charging)
3- sunglasses holder in roof lining - the glove box doesn't quite do it for me!
4- drl
5- rear mats as standard or even to buy. Some people sometime have people in those +2 seats (not for long but long enough to make the carpet a mess!

A

Anonymous

1. - do something about that ugly nose, peugeot badge is way too big
2. - ability to play mp4 format via usb (and not just mp3)
3. - cup holder in a better place, pointless where it is right now & bigger glove box
4. - LED DRLs and LED brake lights etc.
5. - quad exhausts should be standard

A

Anonymous

1 - have quad exhaust as standard (would reduce the amount of issues I have with my feline exhaust system)

2 - Have a more reliable USB system in the car (on the stock system it cuts out and I have to restart my iPod often)

3 - Front look less like a 308cc

4 - higher quality Leather (does not wear very well especially considering I have only done 1000 miles)

5 - if you have the stock radio system have no whole where the sat nav should fill makes you feel poor

A

Anonymous

Wow i'm amazed at the variety of "changes" we would make.
Imagine what this car would look, feel and perform like if we were all sat around the table putting this together :clap:

And then put a price on it :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

How about a rear camera for the reverse parking sensors shown on the big ng4 screen?

RCZ1

Reaction score
tomy90 said:
1 - have quad exhaust as standard (would reduce the amount of issues I have with my feline exhaust system)

2 - Have a more reliable USB system in the car (on the stock system it cuts out and I have to restart my iPod often)

3 - Front look less like a 308cc

4 - higher quality Leather (does not wear very well especially considering I have only done 1000 miles)

5 - if you have the stock radio system have no whole where the sat nav should fill makes you feel poor

Interesting to read that you are experiencing problems with your ipod via the USB on the standard system. I can honestly say that I've not had any problems with my ipod, which is always played via the USB. Which ipod do you have?

In what way is your leather not wearing well and what do you use to look after it?

A

Anonymous

was going to say regarding the leather that its in much better nick than a mates new 911...

Its very high quality for the application in my opinion. but then again i am anal about treating the leather.