What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Things I didn't know I had.

A

Anonymous

This is a list of the things that I have found on the car, that I didn't know about before getting it.

1 air conditioned glove box
2 bluetooth music streaming, works with controls on wheel.
3 graphical display on dash for parking sensors, also if you come close to an object on the right side, then the warning noise comes from the speaker on that side .
4 the USB slot, also charges any device connected to it.
5 the arm rest in the middle, moves up 2 positions, and forwards, very comfortable on the motorway.
6 a speed limiter, you can set a maximum speed that you cannot exceed (put mine on by mistake and set to 40 MPH, thought I had a problem with the car :oops: )
7 a display on the dash that recommends the correct gear for economical driving, (not doing much of that yet, it's just too much fun to drive ......officer ;) )
8 daytime running lights, you have to turn them on in settings.
9 an ashtray, sorry, a pull out compartment under the heater controls.
10 the memory seat buttons also store the door mirror positions for each driver.
11 you can connect two bluetooth devices, one phone and one music streaming device at the same time.
12 hill start assist.
13 no jack or wheel brace
14 . . . . . . . . . . . .

I will add more things as I find them. :D

A

Anonymous

A feature I found on my test drive.

When you take your foot off the brakes on a hill, the brakes hold you for 5 seconds or so, giving you time to move your foot to the accelerator with no roll back and a smooth pull away.
Great if hill starts aren't your strong point...

Keep them coming as you find them. Although for us who still have a couple of months till we take delivery, it's not making the wait any easier....Great post tho!

A

Anonymous

Sorry Steve,
Don't mean to be cruel, Yes your right, about the hill start assist, I will add it to the list.

A

Anonymous

On the flip side of this topic, I just found out that you don't get a jack :?
But you do get an electric pump with tire sealent built in, this will get you home in an emergency.
I would still like a jack, if only to remove the wheels for cleaning !

A

Anonymous

I am a born again Detailer since getting this car.
My last car (Civic Type R GT) did nothing for me at all, and I think I only washed it 3 or 4 times in 2 1/2 years :shock:
So it's good to get back waisting 3 hours or more washing and polishing when the car wasnt dirty in the first place :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
gtomo said:
I am a born again Detailer since getting this car.
My last car (Civic Type R GT) did nothing for me at all, and I think I only washed it 3 or 4 times in 2 1/2 years :shock:
So it's good to get back waisting 3 hours or more washing and polishing when the car wasnt dirty in the first place :lol:

That's the spirit :D

How was the car when you picked it up from the dealer. Had they prepared it well? Any swirls or worse going on?

When I went to the preview evening that RCZ was very shabbily presented. You would think they would do a lot better and make sure it was presented at its very best. I remember the roof looked very badly scratched - there were little scratch marks all over it. I hope mine doesn't come like that :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
A couple of questions from what you raise below - great information by the way :D

gtomo said:
This is a list of the things that I have found on the car, that I didn't know about before getting it.

1 air conditioned glove box
2 bluetooth music streaming, works with controls on wheel. - How does this work - from what source does the music stream - ipod? mobile phone, other ?
3 graphical display on dash for parking sensors, also if you come close to an object on the right side, then the warning noise comes from the speaker on that side .
4 the USB slot, also charges any device connected to it.does this connect to an ipod too?
5 the arm rest in the middle, moves up 2 positions, and forwards, very comfortable on the motorway.
6 a speed limiter, you can set a maximum speed that you cannot exceed (put mine on by mistake and set to 40 MPH, thought I had a problem with the car :oops: )
7 a display on the dash that recommends the correct gear for economical driving, (not doing much of that yet, it's just too much fun to drive ......officer ;) )What sort of mpg are you getting at the moment?
8 daytime running lights, you have to turn them on in settings.
9 an ashtray, sorry, a pull out compartment under the heater controls.
10 the memory seat buttons also store the door mirror positions for each driver.
11 you can connect two bluetooth devices, one phone and one music streaming device at the same time.
12 hill start assist.
13 no jack or wheel brace
14 . . . . . . . . . . . .

I will add more things as I find them. :D

A

Anonymous

RCZ1
I will try to satisfy your hunger for RCZ knolage :D

The answer to Question 2

I can connect my mobile phone (nokia N97 48Gb) to make & recieve calls etc, but also to play any music I have on there as well,
Oh, and as a bonus, I have about 10 films on there, and you can stream the audio from the phone and watch the movi on the phone screen, its like being it an RCZ cinema !! :cool:
I was watching a horror film at night with the sound up, and it scared the crap out of me. :shock:
I need an RCZ cussion to hide behined. . . . . :lol:

The answer to Question 4

Yes the USB slot also charges your ipod when you plug it in.

The answer to Question 7

I am still driving a bit, erm, . . . . shall we say with enthusiasm ;) and I just returned 36 MPG
Not bad eh. . . . :)

A

Anonymous

My God! what a font of all things RCZ!

The more information I get about the car the more I can't wait to get my hands on it. September seems oh so far away....
Keep up the good work, and it really is much appreciated. I'm sure the questions will just keep on coming.

A

Anonymous

Yes it does have rather a few things I didnt know does it come with the option of an DSg automatic gear box like the audi tt?

A

Anonymous

If it is (DSG like an audi TT), I hope they make it more reliable, reading the TT forum, they are having allsorts of trouble with them.

A

Anonymous

when you put the car in reverse, the wing mirrors tilt down lightly to give a beeter veiw!

FGRob

Reaction score
If you push the mirror selector switch over to the side you want to watch when in reverse, the mirrors will give you a very good view of the rear wheels against the kerb, that's how mine are set up - they move more than just a bit, once you select first gear they return to normal - saves your alloys - now where did I see that thread about reversing and damaging alloys :wave: :wave:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
FGRob said:
If you push the mirror selector switch over to the side you want to watch when in reverse, the mirrors will give you a very good view of the rear wheels against the kerb, that's how mine are set up - they move more than just a bit, once you select first gear they return to normal - saves your alloys - now where did I see that thread about reversing and damaging alloys :wave: :wave:

Rob.

That sounds great Rob - is that standard on the Sport too?

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
FGRob said:

Rob.

Yep I think so, it took me a while to work it out, you can set them manually to the position that you prefer, but the factory set was OK for me.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
RCZ1 said:
FGRob said:

Rob.

Yep I think so, it took me a while to work it out, you can set them manually to the position that you prefer, but the factory set was OK for me.

Rob.

Has anyone got the automatic dipping mirrors to work in a Sport, I haven't.

Also has anyone tried the automatic hill start yet? For some reason I haven't had the guts to put it into neutral just to check if I don't roll backwards into the person behind me.

A

Anonymous

thanks for this thread guys, its made me even more impatient now!!! arghhhh