What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The 5th Annual RCZ YORKSHIRE Meet 2016 - Saturday 7th May

A

Anonymous

Re: The 5th Annual RCZ YORKSHIRE Meet 2016 - Saturday 7th Ma

Hi, I'm new to this forum having only just officially become an RCZ owner yesterday. Can you tell me what happens at these meets please? I'm guessing it's just like a get together for owners? Does anything else take place?

Thank you.

Sanity

Reaction score

sharpy1964 said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum having only just officially become an RCZ owner yesterday. Can you tell me what happens at these meets please? I'm guessing it's just like a get together for owners? Does anything else take place?

Thank you.

Cielo Drive in Beverly Hills... Do you remember what happened here back in 1969? :lol: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 3d3bb3b2ca489f6ae691b2724b3230ee.jpg
    3d3bb3b2ca489f6ae691b2724b3230ee.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 6,940

DKZ5745

Reaction score

sharpy1964 said:

Thank you.

Not sure what Kerry has planned this year but I hope there's no repeat of the game of naked twister from last year :eusa-whistle:

RCZash

Reaction score

Not sure what Kerry has planned this year but I hope there's no repeat of the game of naked twister from last year :eusa-whistle:[/quote]

Guess I missed that, luckily for those that attended. :oops:

2retro

Reaction score

RCZash said:
Guess I missed that, luckily for those that attended. :oops:

You were the lucky one. Some people had to be removed by the Fire Brigade and liberal use of baby oil... :wtf:

RCZash

Reaction score

sharpy1964 said:

Thank you.

Hi Sharpy :greetings-wavingblue:
Basically yes, very friendly crowd. Check back on the events post to see previous years comments and pictures.

RCZash

Reaction score

We will be finishing at The Lion this year. A table is booked for 4.30pm for our meal. The Lion has rooms and many of us are staying there.

I'm just finalising plans with another location, where we will be starting, where you can get a drink and a snack, if you require. Details will hopefully be posted in the next week.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, the two of us will be there for the meal also. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Sanity, I had to google the Cielo Drive. Best give it a miss then :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score

sharpy1964 said:

Thank you.

I had never attended a car meet until I owned a RCZ and started arranging these meets. They are a great day out. Show off your car and chat to likeminded RCZ enthusiasts. There is great banter and it usually involves meeting at a pub somewhere and enjoying a meal before going off for a drive in convoy (my favourite part) to another location for photographs etc. You get some fantastic looks as 30+ RCZs go driving by. It's a sight to behold. Please don't be shy. Come along. I promise you will enjoy it.

RCZ1

Reaction score

An update to the starting location for this year's Yorkshire Meet. Apologies for the delay.

I've posted an update in the main Event section but it's here for you also.

[ANGER SYMBOL]So we have some news to update you all with. The 2016 RCZ Meet will start at Castle Howard. A beautiful, famous stately home.

http://www.castlehoward.co.uk

Arrival will start from 10am, where we will have reserved car parking for us on the cricket pitch (don't worry there won't be a game in process). There's plenty of opportunity for photographs. There are toilet facilities and the courtyard cafe for drinks and snacks, if required (don't forget we have a table booked at The Lion, Blakey Ridge for 4.30pm for a meal, where they are renowned for big portions, so don't over indulge at Castle Howard [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES])

Castle Howard boasts a beautiful location and for those interested, you can look around the house and or gardens, for a fee, payable on the day.

Once leaving Castle Howard, we will be driving in convoy around the beautiful North York Moors, again with plenty of opportunity for photographs in the beautiful surroundings.

The Meet will end at The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge. A table has been booked for 4.30pm here.

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

I thought it would be a nice idea to finish with a meal so we can have sneak that's not rushed and for those that are staying over, a few drinks (non alcoholic of course) into the evening. That way the Meet does not just fizzle out at the end.

For those that are staying over in the Saturday evening, I am planning a little drive on the Moors on the Sunday for those that are interested.

I've moved the event from the usual bank holiday weekend as many people travelled for hours and got stuck in bank holiday traffic jams last year. Hopefully the date choice will avoid that happening again.

The RCZ Yorkshire Meet will be in its 5th year in 2016 and has gone from strength to strength with last year seeing 32 RCZs attending. What a fantastic sight that was. It was also the largest independent gathering of RCZs in the UK. Let's hope we can increase the number of RCZs for 2016.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Update:

RCZ Owners Group
27 RCZ

Possibles:
5 RCZ

Forum:
Cossack + 1
RCZAsh + 1

Possible:
DKZ5745 + 1

And 1 208 GT[/quote]

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Hi All,

Count me in plus 1 for food also.

Cheers :dance:

A

Anonymous

Regarding the menu`s are we to go off the all day menu and let you know requirements ? :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score

Cossack said:
Regarding the menu`s are we to go off the all day menu and let you know requirements ? :dance:

Boy you are quick off the mark :)

Yes if you can that would be helpful. I need food choices a week before the Event. Thank you.

DanRo

Reaction score

Hi Kez put Ann, Mirza and me on the list I just booked a hotel in York

RCZ1

Reaction score

]Update:

RCZ Owners Group
29 RCZs

Possibles:
6 RCZ

Forum:
Cossack + 1
RCZAsh + 1
Neilgsxr69 + 1

Possible:
DKZ5745 + 1

And 2 208 GTI

A

Anonymous

Hi

Just wondering, is this meet for adults only?

The wife got a RCZ in September and we live in North Yorkshire so the location is ideal for us. However, we would have to bring our daughter along ( 11 years old ).

Does anybody else bring kids?

Thanks

Steve

DanRo

Reaction score

I bring our dog Mirza and she loves kids

RCZ1

Reaction score

SMc1972 said:
Hi

Just wondering, is this meet for adults only?

The wife got a RCZ in September and we live in North Yorkshire so the location is ideal for us. However, we would have to bring our daughter along ( 11 years old ).

Does anybody else bring kids?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes children are more than welcome. We have had members bring their children among many times :)