What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Test between RCZ and Mk1 TT in autocar

A

Anonymous

Lets not stoop to their level

There is room enough for TT's and RCZ's. My case...I drive an Audi A6 3.0TFSI , Have had TT's but now have ordered the RCZ because it ticks all my boxes :) . We (well when I finally get mine delivered) are an exclusive little club so with that we should just smile and enjoy are stunning RCZ's

I know many TT drivers that like the RCZ and also as an Audi driver can assure you Im no "cock" LOL

The TT forum has loads of good people on it, it's just a few immature posters that are stirring it up..ignore them

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
Lets not stoop to their level

There is room enough for TT's and RCZ's. My case...I drive an Audi A6 3.0TFSI , Have had TT's but now have ordered the RCZ because it ticks all my boxes :) . We (well when I finally get mine delivered) are an exclusive little club so with that we should just smile and enjoy are stunning RCZ's

I know many TT drivers that like the RCZ and also as an Audi driver can assure you Im no "cock" LOL

The TT forum has loads of good people on it, it's just a few immature posters that are stirring it up..ignore them

my views exactly

I think with any type of car your always going to get a minority of idiots who think its ok to be abusive to others

I think its just more noticable on the TT forum because its such a massive forum

Im sure even this forum will or has seen its share of idiots

how do you find the 3.0 tfsi A6?

A

Anonymous

The TFSI in standard form is damn quick. Its the same block as in the new S4 and with a remap which takes it higher than the S4 BHP its is truly sub 5 seconds. The auto box is superb so as a motorway cruiser it gets from A to B very quickly. Being Quattro the grip is very good and for me the comfort is the main thing. Admittedly the ride is firm with the 19 inch wheels (got the 2 piece alloys) but I enjoy the sportier feel. From an economy point of view it blows my 3.2 away so I'm surprised the block hasnt been used in more of the different ranges. I have found though that recently it does need more oil (about a litre every 4000 miles) but assume this is the supercharger burning it away. I will say this though and Ive driven a lot of cars...the Audi Auto box is the best by far. With the paddle option it is very good, quick and responsive

A

Anonymous

Might I just add that Top Gear magazine rates the TTs 12 or 13/20 whereas all the RCZs get 15/20.

A

Anonymous

sounds good to me, but it wouldnt matter either way im a fan of rcz

A

Anonymous

Coupe of the year too..

I seriously am looking forward to seeing what Audi does in retaliation. I bet the next TT will be a scorcher!

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
Might I just add that Top Gear magazine rates the TTs 12 or 13/20 whereas all the RCZs get 15/20.

and hen they talk in top gear about pug in general they usually go like pfffft... if they talk about a audi they usually go ooooo......

So thats a bit of biased option they start with also

And you know... Im really curious into seeing a graph with the global sales numbers of the TT and the RCZ.... starting from 1 year b4 RCZ hit the road

maybe peug prod have those numbers.... but seems hes kinda busy

A

Anonymous

I think I may have lost brain cells reading that topic! Lol

I like tt's but they don't turn heads like the rcz!!!!! And at the end of the day you must be a mug if you want to spend that amount of money on a name!!!!

Plus by the looks of it being a tt owner brings about symptoms such as jealous rage!!!!

A

Anonymous

i do agree the TT is very different to the RCZ and the Scirrocco.

they all do things differently

If you want something that feels like one of the kind and amazing it is the Peugeot RCZ every time (and good value for money)

The Volkswagen Scirrocco is more for those who wants a really practical coupe / hatchback

the Audi TT is more of an inbetween but a master of none on this considering it tries to be a practical sports car and something special which it sort of misses on it all and is extremely dated compared to the competition.

Overall I say I rank them as the following

1 - Peugeot RCZ (Joint 1st)
1 - Volkswagen Scirocco (Joint 1st)
2 - Audi TT

I think EVO magazine did a better review from what I know they compared the 3 together and the RCZ did extremely well.