What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Test between RCZ and Mk1 TT in autocar

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ146 said:
Has anyone seen this? It seems to be all over the TT forum that autocar magazine tested the RCZ against a mk 1 TT sport and the TT won the test I cant find the article online has anyone seen it?

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 2&t=188504
That forum really does need to get a life, what a bunch of idiots, there was one sensible comment with regard to what they were actually testing and really it was the wrong model to compare against - any way I would like to think this forum has a better quality of person posting on it and really don't need to go down to there very basic level.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I really can't understand the comments that are made on the TT forum. TT owners must be really insecure about their cars! As Rob said, there is only one sensible comment.

I am pleased to be a member of a forum that does not resort to slagging off other cars etc.

A

Anonymous

I agree if you search for RCZ in the TT forum a few have a bit of hatered towards the RCZ.

I also can't understand how autocar came to the conclusion that a 6 year old TT was a better car than a brand new RCZ, that TT could be bought for £13,000 surely it cant even compete against a brand new state of the art car like an RCZ

A

Anonymous

Look at the end of the day they are just cars. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you like the RCZ or the TT (which ever model) it's your choice...choosing one over the other isn't going to make you a better or worse person. Just think how lucky TT and RCZ owners are to be able to afford to buy (neither are cheap) these cars. Be happy with what you have and not what other people have...there are people who have much less/worse cars.

A

Anonymous

I was really disappointed that they chose to compare a high spec TT with an affordable coupe. You could then go down the road of comparing that with a high spec AMG which is older still but would beat the TT. What the should have done, and no mag has, is to compare a base TT with a top spec RCZ that would be closer.

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
I was really disappointed that they chose to compare a high spec TT with an affordable coupe. You could then go down the road of comparing that with a high spec AMG which is older still but would beat the TT. What the should have done, and no mag has, is to compare a base TT with a top spec RCZ that would be closer.

It's been done to death tho and 9/10 times the RCZ wins. It aint Coupe of the year for nowt ;) :beer:

A

Anonymous

I think we just need to keep our heads up and realise that our car is sooo special, its one of the prettiest and best coupes of the decade. :D :D :D

We should all be so proud that we have so much style and class and choose the RCZ :clap: :clap: :clap:

After having a read at the TT forum I pity most of them because on our forum everyones friends and it has a fun atmosphere the TT forum isnt even 1/10th as special as this one is. Initally I was quite upset to read the hurtful things written about the RCZ but now I realise that the TT forums got some real nasty people on it

A

Anonymous

At the end of the day, I could not really care less what people say about the RCZ, if I wanted a boring TT I could have bought one, along with the 10's of thousands of others in this country, but I aint a sheep who follow the flock.

You can tell that those 2 brain cells that some TT owners have simply don't communicate with the rest of the body

A

Anonymous

Maybe the old gag about TT's has some truth in it.

Warning, for those under 18, look away now:

REMOVED

See what they've reduced me to! What a bunch of small-minded people. I used to have an Audi years ago and people used to say they were the 'Knights of the Road'. I'm afraid that's no longer the case. Audi even had my favourite ad ever, very subtley knocking BMW drivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQ-283wKgg

A

Anonymous

Can't see the details but it seems a bit odd the two comparisons. Also the Mk1 TT was designed as an out-and-out sports car. RCZ (and later TT models) was never more than a punchy coupé.

But to be honest in principle most people should want to take the TT over the RCZ. It's just that in practice:
> The TT is way to ubiquitous, and increasingly it's going to be like owning a BMW, are you someone who knows a good car or a wannabe drug-dealer who picked one up second hand?
> The later TTs aren't as nice as the original, and not as well-made.
> RCZ is better looking
> It's cheaper new, and you can never be sure what you're getting if you go for a second hand Mk1
> I bet the insurance is lower
> Audi drivers are all cocks - and that's what people think when they see you in one.

A

Anonymous

Yes its all very juvenile. I have to say though, the new TTs are just so.......bland !

A

Anonymous

I think we gotta be vigilant in our TT discussions :lol: if the small RCZ Forum has 25% of its posts calling TT owners we wont look too good.

There are certain TT's (Mark 1) that I would love to have.. but at the end of the day I sold my 6 year old sports car for a new one.. so a £13,000 TT never even crossed my mind.
If I couldnt of afforded the RCZ, TTMk2 or a VW Sciro, YES the a TT1 would maybe be on my radar.

As it stood I could afford something newer, more special and more unique.

As far as im concerned as a sporty coupe the RCZ ticks every box and does it better than the competition. if I want a car to track ill spend a £4k and buy a second hand Westfield to hoon about in. Not compromise on both fronts by buying a 5 year old TT.

A

Anonymous

"Must say I quite like the RCZ styling and have test driven one. No where near the performance of my 3.2 (nor my A6 3.0TFSI which is a stormer with its remap to 340BHP) but it does handle well, in fact it handles very well

I like TT's but may add an RCZ to my collection as it is a nice car to drive. Anyway the point being lets concentrate on our TT's and not look to slate the RCZ (it just shows us off as being insecure and immature) . I say good luck Peugeot "

See not all TT drivers think the same way....unless one of the sneaky RCZ forum posters got on the TT forum...

like I've said before...can we not all just get along.

A

Anonymous

I actually really like the TT...as I'm sure most of us do. And if somebody said, "You've won a competition and can have a top of the range TT or RCZ", I'd probably choose the former.

The fact of the matter is that the RCZ was a better option for a number of reasons with the finite budget I had. If I had £30k to spend, it may have been a different story. That doesn't mean I need to achieve consonance with my purchase by slagging off TTs.

A

Anonymous

RCZ is not a bad looking car. Enjoy it'll soon be summer!

REMOVED

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
I actually really like the TT...as I'm sure most of us do. And if somebody said, "You've won a competition and can have a top of the range TT or RCZ", I'd probably choose the former.

The fact of the matter is that the RCZ was a better option for a number of reasons with the finite budget I had. If I had £30k to spend, it may have been a different story. That doesn't mean I need to achieve consonance with my purchase by slagging off TTs.

Sorry, I cannot agree with you.
In my case it was not a question of the prize to buy an RCZ or a TT. Infact the TT is more expensive than the RCZ, but that does not matter. Sitting in the TT for me was like sitting in a battle tank, there is quite a very poor all-round visibility in the TT.
The interior of the RCZ looks more of noble cast, and the haptic of the leather is much better. Inside the TT you have the imagination of sitting in a golf which has had a halfhearted optical tuning out of a box of toy building bricks from the VAG-stock company.The design of the TT is ancient history now. The RCZ looks much more modern and erotic inside and still more outside.
There are more powerful engines built for the TT than for the RCZ, that is true. But if I want to have a powercar I won´t buy a TT, infact I would buy a Porsche or a BMW.

So, for me the RCZ is the better choice generally. (And,.. I am german)

doc

A

Anonymous

I test drove an Audi TT Coupé with the 2.0 TDi diesel engine and the RCZ 2.0 HDi. I had never owned a Peugeot before, but what drew me into the dealership was the stunning rear end of the RCZ. I also test drove the VW Scirocco and the new Alfa Giulietta. I was very tempted with the Alfa, but I kept returning to look at the RCZ. At the end of the day there is nothing else on the road that looks like the RCZ. Everywhere I go people look and stare at the RCZ and I have never had so many strangers stop me and ask what it is. Every single person who has looked at, and sat in, my RCZ has been full of praise. What bigger endorsement does a car need.

The only negative comments, and abuse, I have ever had have been from TT drivers! I feel really saddened that some Audi owners have a real problem with the RCZ. Is the competition too much for them?

Audi need to up their game with the TT. I would probably have bought one if the RCZ was not around, but the TT is starting to look it's age. It needs a major facelift.

At the end of the day I am exceptionally happy with my choice and would not swap my RCZ for any other car in the £27-£30K price range.

:beer: