What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Temperature gauge problems

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, replaced my temperature sensor on my rcz 2010 1.6thp 156bhp because the gauge goes up and down as I’m driving along and very rarely sits in the centre any ideas what else it could be?? Heaters get hot but then go cold if I don’t thrash it HELP!!!! Pleaseeee

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, there have been issues of faulty new sensors but more probably thermostat/housing problem :eusa-think:
Any coolant loss at all?

A

Anonymous

No loss of coolant at all and the fan kicks in when it’s supposed to so not thermostat, possible air lock?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacknagington said:
No loss of coolant at all and the fan kicks in when it’s supposed to so not thermostat, possible air lock?

Could well be there is a bleed screw to purge air out of the system near the thermostat housing. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s on top of the thermostat housing a black plastic cross cut head screw you don’t have to turn it far to release air/coolant so whatever you do don’t just unscrew it!
It’s on the right hand side of the engine block
Zoom in on photo it’s in the centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Yeah found it seemed to help didn’t get the time to do it properly will do it tomorrow and let you know, anymore advice will help tho guys

A

Anonymous

Update tried bleeding it still doing it managed to get it to stay at 90 degrees but if I drive it or put the air con on it starts to play up any ideas guys??

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get any air out? And when your driving it what amount of fluctuation is there on the gauge?

A

Anonymous

Left it open a while whilst some cooolant came out, it just doesn’t go up to 90 at all while it’s driving only when it’s standing still and will sit just above 50

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a faulty sensor. The fan & heater may well react to the info from the temp sensor, so if it is dodgy, it could throw up a few issues.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
The faulty sensors usually send the temp dial sky high and throw up a dash warning with loads of fan action, your getting over cooling so to me sounds like the thermostat is faulty. The thermostat is encased in a plastic housing so it all has to be changed not a real expensive job and can be done by the Home mechanic there are a few tutorials on YouTube.

A

Anonymous

Update!...... purchased new housing for 36 pound, fitted for 35 cured the problem!!! Thanks for your help guys

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacknagington said:
Update!...... purchased new housing for 36 pound, fitted for 35 cured the problem!!! Thanks for your help guys

Great result, not an expensive fix glad it’s sorted :beer:

rcz200it

Reaction score
Just a curiosity..all rcz stand at precisely 90c in reality it is just so we don't get worried..in reality if you put an obd reader the car usually runs between 105/107c