What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stereo reset

mick200gt

Reaction score
Morning guys if I disconnect the battery will it reset my stereo as the source button is not toggling between functions this morning for some reason ,all ive got is the radio on and bluetooth also seems to be amiss ,its the basic stereo in a 2011 200 gt

tianorth

Reaction score
Can you not just reset the unit itself?

Press and hold power button or eject.

Which unit do you have?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
These are the NG4 system

and RT6 system

The RD5 system does seem to show a re-initialisation, but press and long hold of power or eject buttons usually reboot the units.

mick200gt

Reaction score
Yes its the rd5 connect one ,now the source button is working but it wont play from my mem stick or the dab thats connected via input ,but cant seem to find a way to reset the damm thing to see if it will cure it

mick200gt

Reaction score
Well ive just gone to car to have another fiddle and noticed bluetooth had connected so tried everything else and its all fine again ,so god knows what had gone wrong so all good again ,gremlins to blame but thanks for help guys

mick200gt

Reaction score
Quick one guys does anyone know which is the radio fuse damm thing not working again so gunner pull fuse as there does not seem to be a way to reset the srereo unit itself and only the radio is working and nothing else

mick200gt

Reaction score
Tried pulling the fuse out but it does not reset or clear the srereo it must back itself up direct from battery ,so I will disconnect batt this weekend and see if that helps any

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you want to try a BSI reset :-

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

Don’t know if it will help but I suppose it’s worth a try if everything else has failed. :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
mick200gt said:
Tried pulling the fuse out but it does not reset or clear the srereo it must back itself up direct from battery ,so I will disconnect batt this weekend and see if that helps any

That’s strange :eusa-think: it should completely kill it are you sure you got the correct fuse?

tianorth

Reaction score
Does the sides near your knees get hot?

If yes then the caps may have come off and blowing hot air into the central console and up to the dashboard and the radio unit then overheats and doesn't operate as it should.

The caps number 8 seem to come off quite easily.
There are 4 ports, it is the ones where number 1 is pointing to, that seem to be blown off particularly when fan is set to high (eg demisting windscreen).

Just pulling the side out and putting your hand up finding the cap and then replacing it will work for a while.

Can be done if you have thin hands, don't mind working blind, and get your hand trapped a few times!!

I took my caps off and replaced with ducting to allow the air flow to the foot well.