What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stage two spoiler club

A

Anonymous

For the benefit of RCZ_84 as well as H12RPO, I am not a miserable so and so as implied. I have competed in the past in Rallying, holding an international Competition licence. I have rallied throughout the Uk, (Did the RAC on 2 occasions), a multitude of Motoring News Road and Stage events with some success. The speed was contained as necessary, no doubt I may have run foul of limits, but to make light of your transgressions is not something to brag about. I have had experience of much more powerful cars on Track days, in which I gave my all, and enjoyed the experience. Right Place right, right reactions, Give it a go and enjoy accordingly.
jrs above is obviously one who accepts his transgressions in a mature way, and that is to be applauded. Those who choose to be a menace will pay a price. Think about it.

FGRob

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
@MEvans.........Thats ok, dont join if you dont want to ! (You may wish to get a Morris Minor instead)

Meanwhile, @FGRob ..................does England and Wales count? I suppose it does (since I make the rules) and if does, then next week I should score membership of the international stage 2 club! hehe
Do you need a passport - No :helpme: :wave: :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK guys - lets not get too worked up about this, I think we have to take this as a bit of fun - I'm talking about the thread not driving fast or reckless, OK we all have our moments we can either share them or not, so lets play nicely and enjoy our cars. ;)

Rob

PS - Just booked the Nurburgring - It'll be second stage all the way :dance: :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Here here, my comment was not intended as an agressive insult, just as a playful jib, apologies for offending you. I think that people on here are sensible drivers and people, as has been proven by the way we all interact and essentially have a good laugh. I'm sure none of the owner on here intentionally go out on the roads to break the law or cause harm to other drivers. Sometimes RCZ owners may find they have a heavy right foot, and after all there are few people out there who can join such a prestigious "club". For one I will most certainly not be joining the club when my RCZ arrives...not intentionally and only if it is in a safe and controlled environment...like on forza! Still I do like to read about how others have (safely).

A

Anonymous

@RCZ-84 .....................yes but you will though - join the club that is! :lol:

I echo the no offence comments - certainly none intended. I would only drive as fast as its safe to do so, however I can totally see Clarkesons point about the 70 mph limit in the uk.
ie what evidence is there that 70 is any safer that 65 or 80 say when the conditions are right? Who decided that 70 was Ok? (leaving aside for the moment the trump card of the opposing argument that it the law and to break it therefore is morally wrong). It's also an offence to fly a kite on Sunday but that doesn't make it automatically unsafe or "wrong" to do so in my view.

I'll get my coat! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

There is a huge difference between childish driving and spirited driving on public roads in the correct conditions. There will be occasion when it would be safe to open up a little. There will be occasion where there is less chance of accident than even on a track day. There will be the occasion where the conditions are perfect and you will have an absolute ball, come home with a smile as big as the RCZ gaping grill!

There will also be the occasion when there's a dab of diesel on the roundabout and suddenly entering the roundabout at 50 is about 30mph too fast. Or when theres a load of leaves on that back road you enjoy everyday.

Public roads are unpredictible and we as drivers need to always remember that. Have fun if you choose. But firstmost be safe :)

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
There is a huge difference between childish driving and spirited driving on public roads in the correct conditions. There will be occasion when it would be safe to open up a little. There will be occasion where there is less chance of accident than even on a track day. There will be the occasion where the conditions are perfect and you will have an absolute ball, come home with a smile as big as the RCZ gaping grill!

There will also be the occasion when there's a dab of diesel on the roundabout and suddenly entering the roundabout at 50 is about 30mph too fast. Or when theres a load of leaves on that back road you enjoy everyday.

Public roads are unpredictible and we as drivers need to always remember that. Have fun if you choose. But firstmost be safe :)

I agree I think in more powerful cars its easy to go over 70mph on the motorway, its not reckless as long as you are paying attention. Plus there are occassions on public roads when I'd say its safe to go well over 100mph

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
...It's also an offence to fly a kite on Sunday but that doesn't make it automatically unsafe or "wrong" to do so in my view.

Good grief! Who came up with THAT rule??? :crazy:

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
H12RPO said:
...It's also an offence to fly a kite on Sunday but that doesn't make it automatically unsafe or "wrong" to do so in my view.

Good grief! Who came up with THAT rule??? :crazy:

Ah, tis the good old Town Police Clauses Act of 1847 which also bans hanging washing across the street............as well as beating or shaking carpets, rugs or mats after 8 am. It is this Act also outlaws the singing of profane or obscene songs or ballads, wantonly discharging firearms, making bonfires, flying kites on a Sunday, sliding on ice or snow, extinguishing a lamp or willfully and wantonly disturbing residents by ringing their doorbells.

I'm pretty sure that these are still on the statute books but wouldnt claim to be an expert :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Just remember that the police do check car forums. And can get access to information in the name of safety ;) so watch what info you disclose :lol:

A

Anonymous

They may do (I'm sure they have more important things to do though) but anyway I think they'd need some evidence to prosecute.

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: eating beans for lunch again??
Some beans! Must have been extra-spicy :lol: . I wouldn't have the guts to travel at that speed without the aid of a parachute :helpme:

A

Anonymous

I tell you one thing though with the RCZ, it has less power than my last beastie but is SO much more stable than a Mid Engined car revving to 9000RPM :lol:

Built myself, that car was geared to 160Mph with the new Honda Engine..

The fact Peugeot has crafted such a fine balance between ability and stability is a testament to the company :)