What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Speed cameras

A

Anonymous

you could try a factory reset???????

BUT beware, I did one cos it wouldn't take addresses in sat nav for some reason, and the reset will

i) delete navigable addresses - pain in the ar*e
ii) reset language & colours - not so bad
iii) delete music - right pain in the ar*e

dave

A

Anonymous

I have just started using this site for the speed camera data.

http://www.scdb.info

It charges €9.75 per year for monthly downloads. It's all in English and works perfectly with the correct speeds and locations.

It supports both versions of the WIP COM.

A

Anonymous

I think other members have also used this site with good reviews.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney,

looks good - thanks for the info. the peugeot ones always show the wrong speed.

do you know if these scdb updates have the constant speed cameras as well? the peugeot one doesn't have them

tia

dave

A

Anonymous

I have developed an interesting problem. When trying to update the speed camera POI database this morning I have been unable to upload. I insert the data card as normal, it cautions me that it will delete the old database as normal and then it goes wrong! I get a pop up message that says insert disc 0/1 which I ackowledge and then it takes me to select the data card which I do and then it just sits there.

Anyone have any ideas?

A

Anonymous

sounds a bit odd - is the download in the same format as before? can you try reinstalling an old one that worked?

A

Anonymous

exactly the same and the original one does not work either!

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
I have developed an interesting problem. When trying to update the speed camera POI database this morning I have been unable to upload. I insert the data card as normal, it cautions me that it will delete the old database as normal and then it goes wrong! I get a pop up message that says insert disc 0/1 which I ackowledge and then it takes me to select the data card which I do and then it just sits there.

Anyone have any ideas?

just what i posted :/

A

Anonymous

hmmm - i was just about to sign up for those speed cam updates, but I'm not so sure now.

mr shiney/geizt - have you tried a reset???

cheers

dave

A

Anonymous

I have not tried a reset yet. I did not want to delete all the music from the jukebox. It seems a unit specific fault though as I tried it in the showroom 3008 with an NG4 and the worked perfectly. It's not the camera database thats at fault from what I can see but some problem with specific units.

A

Anonymous

perhaps you can try and get the showroom to update the software/firmware on the sat nav unit - you may even get the latest maps to boot ;)

from what I understand though, you managed to do the update the first time, but not the next??

i have done it twice - but not from the site you mentioned......

A

Anonymous

I have updated the unit from both the original Peugeot site and the SCDB site without problem. neither of them now work which leads me to believe it is a unit problem rather than a file problem.

the advantage of the SCDB site is the locations have the correct speed and are direction sensitive.

A

Anonymous

not sure what else to suggest other than the reset. if you take it in to the showroom to be reflashed then it will most likely wipe all your music off.

i'm more than happy to give your file a go; though I'm not sure how much it will help because as you say, it worked fine before.

Cheers

dave

A

Anonymous

I know this will not help your current problem but shouldnt you always save existing data to an sd card before attempting an update.
TomTom and Garmin always recommend to save any exsiting data before updating.

Factory reset , :eusa-think: i dont know if that is a good idea until you speak to someone who can say exactly what you be left with after you hit the reset :crazy:
Try getting hold of Marcus, he updated my NG4 last month when i bought the car.

I hope you sort things, :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

i reset before cos it wouldnt take any addresses anymore for some odd reason.

resetting does the following:

i) language into french
ii) colour scheme back to default
iii) REMOVES music
iv) didn't remove speed cams
v) removes navigable addresses

it's a bit of a pain in the bum and i don't think you can back up before updating/resetting

dave

A

Anonymous

Found the speedcams update from "Here is the last version (2011-05-10)"
But i dont think im allowed to post it. Confirm yet. Since i need to wait another month to get mine. But looks good IMO

A

Anonymous

I did a reset and now its accepting the updates again fine. It must have gotten confused!

It does erase the music and address book but I just zapped them back on from the memory stick without problem.

A

Anonymous

i did the whole reset and it still doenst work! it's a pitty to have lost all music...

maybe my files are corrupted