What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

spare wheel problem

A

Anonymous

hi all :greetings-wavingblue:
introduced myself on the newbies 156 gt charcoal with the frissel leather or blue & grey put a question on there but would like to put it to a larger group
i dont like the idea of no spare so does anyone know if you can get a audi 19 inch space saver with the 5 holes for the studs would it fit ( are the stud holes the same centers or would any other 19 inch spacesaver fit as long as it has got the 5 stud holes ) or does anyone else have any ideas also does it fit in the boot

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Hi
This is a problem I am also trying to resolve.

I have asked my dealer to check to see if the space saver from a 407 that is also five stud to see if it fits to the rear of rcz. That way at least if you get front wheel puncture can swap them around to at least get you home.

I will post the results when/if he comes back to me.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that gt rcz ive spoke to my dealer and even with the chasi number peugeot wont give any answers only that the cost of an alloy inc jack is around £ 360 inc vat + cost of tyre and they cant confirm if it fits the boot

A

Anonymous

I am quite happy not having a spare and like the extra space under the boot floor for odds and sods I also like the fact that I can blow the tyre up with the compressor in the boot which is very fast as I have used it to blow my wifes tyre up also I like the mousse as I have used it Alot in Tyres on are farm over the years and think it's good because it can fix more than one hole I know I would rather blow me tyre up with that on a motorway hard sholder than mess round getting dirty jack in car up and mauling with wheels quicker and safer I think

A

Anonymous

I prefer a spare wheel, I just wouldnt trust the can of tyre inflator I will definately be looking for a space saving spare wheel, You just need to look for a wheel with the same offsets

A

Anonymous

if you use the foam though ime led to believe that the tyre is scrap if you get a puncture in a newish tyre and it wont stay up long enough to get it mended and you have to use the foam that at £ 250 for a new tyre is an exspensive puncture ??????????????????? been told that the holts foam is water based and so allows the tyre to be fixed anybody used it before or got more details on it

RCZ1

Reaction score
The tyre is scrap after using the foam. It will need to be replaced. I've never had a puncture which was repairable in 21 years of driving so its no problem for me using it. I've used it on my last 4 cars now and they have never let me down. Travelled a far distance after using it on the tyre too, driving no more than the recommended speed. Its no problem for me either. I've used the Holts one too and the tyre will still need replacing.

A

Anonymous

Keep my cars on bricks, don't see what all there's to bother about.
Look just speak with your dealer and He/She can advise you on the correct wheel size for you boot.

A

Anonymous

dealer wont advise so you can tell me if there is a spacesaver out there that will fit this car oh by the way i keep my car in the garage not on bricks :dance: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

There is and I will get back to you regarding the correct spare wheel size asap, was only told yesterday and forgotten aready ;-)

Davie

Reaction score
I have 19ins Solitice on mine.£450 for new alloy+budget tyre

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Hi Paul

Interested to hear about space saver for RCZ I also have the 19" solstice wheels.

My dealer has informed me that there is not one listed.

A

Anonymous

i dont suppose there will be any in the scrap yards just yet . . . £450 for a spare makes my eyes water a bit

A

Anonymous

Just been chatting to Kev, one of our salesman who supplied a full size spare to one of our other RCZ customers. We used a 16" steel spare from a 407 SE, and i remember the steel wheel, jack, brace, coming to £100, then the tyre ontop. With this, the wheel wouldnt fit immediatly, so we had some spacers machined up to fit the hub of the vehicle, which spaced the steel spare out enough to miss the caliper on the front.

We do have 3 of the spacers spare, but Mr Bannister on here may be one customer looking for that. Ill need to call and admit my forgetery in getting back to him on the price of it a bit later this afternoon!

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Had a call from my dealer to advise that the 17" space saver fitted to a 2008 407 will fit straight on to the rear and it does fit in the well in the boot. estimated cost £100 - £150.

Quite happy with the principle for swapping spare to rear & if necessary fitting rear to front if its the front thats flat.

When I have the part number I will post.

Clive

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
Had a call from my dealer to advise that the 17" space saver fitted to a 2008 407 will fit straight on to the rear and it does fit in the well in the boot. estimated cost £100 - £150.

Quite happy with the principle for swapping spare to rear & if necessary fitting rear to front if its the front thats flat.

When I have the part number I will post.

Clive

That's great news Clive. I knew there'd be an option, possibly with a minor limitation, with regards to use only on the rear. But I could live with that, especially considering that I'd be really surprised to find anything to fit over the 340mm discs and calipers at the front.

FGRob

Reaction score
We have to do the same in my roadster, except it's the other way around, front to back, but then you have the problem of where do you put the rear wheel :wtf: :wtf: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Sounds like we may be getting close to a satisfactory resolution to this problem! Just one question - does it not matter if the space-saver when fitted is 17 inch and not 19 inch like the rest of the wheels?

A

Anonymous

STEVIEBABIE1 said:
Sounds like we may be getting close to a satisfactory resolution to this problem! Just one question - does it not matter if the space-saver when fitted is 17 inch and not 19 inch like the rest of the wheels?

I'm guessing the the tyre profile on the 17" space saver would have to be increased to compensate. So the combined diameter of wheel and tyre of the 19" and 17" match up.