What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Soon to be new Peugeot RCZ owner!

tomflek

Reaction score
Looks nice and the remap on a 156 is a good thing but I noticed cloth seats personally I would go for leather but your in a totally different climate but still you’ll probably want heated seats?
If I could get your attention little bit more, I would appreciate it!
So after all, I think this is the choice after all, since it has kept said that I shouldn't take that THP 156 version of that RCZ instead I should go for that THP 200 version, so there fortunately is car with THP 200 like in same city where I live, so what you think about this one: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12329513
Example timing chain has been changed to new, some tensioner new, charger strap new, changed high pressure pump etc.

tomflek

Reaction score
If I could get your attention little bit more, I would appreciate it!
So after all, I think this is the choice after all, since it has kept said that I shouldn't take that THP 156 version of that RCZ instead I should go for that THP 200 version, so there fortunately is car with THP 200 like in same city where I live, so what you think about this one: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12329513
Example timing chain has been changed to new, some tensioner new, charger strap new, changed high pressure pump etc.

So that car dealer found out that it uses around 2l oil at around 4000km after I meantioned of those ”oil level incorrect, level up engine oil”, so he said he doesn’t want then sell it even to me.. But I rly wonder why he didn’t tell at all why it uses that much oil or didn’t like start to find out and then tell me afterwards why it uses because that could be something very simple too to fix that it’s shouldn’t be always the worst thing which costs shit ton money to fix?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of these engines do tend to use a little oil but excessive use can be either leaks or valve stem oil seals that can be costly to replac.

tomflek

Reaction score
Lots of these engines do tend to use a little oil but excessive use can be either leaks or valve stem oil seals that can be costly to replac.
Thanks for answer!
Oh so you really mean that these THP engines do use little oil or they should use little oil? But I didn't see any leaks/didn't see any oil drops on the ground whenever it was standing still many hours on my yard (I had chance to go test drive for a full day), so at the evening when I last time turned the engine on it started to say on those messages that ''oil level incorrect'' ''Top up engine oil'', so then they took a look and it used, was it actually just a little bit over 2 l to put oil to finally get that dipstick show at full oil level, so that oil changes and oil filter has been changed (with a lot of other changes) 6.5.2021 at 182 291km and now car was showing almost that 186000km, so 3709km and oil has depleted little bit over 2 l so they simply said that it's not good idea to buy it, that most likely in worst case it just breaks whole engine when and if that oil usage keeps rising overtime.

So, i'm quite annoyed from this outcome, it was literally so freaking close to be mine, everything worked just fine with that car, not really any serious complaints and we even tested it on ''car doctor'' aka car inspection center and it came with great test, that everything was working, only car brake pads were worn and license plate one of the lights were not working..

So, I guess it's not worth the risk if it simply uses that much oil, so now this car would be next one: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12760383
What you think about this one if u could take a look? It has had cam chain replaced 1000 kilometers ago which I assume is in correct words that timing chain? I think if this would be good choice even though it's again that petrol engine and it's not that THP 200 but THP 156, but it's newest model what I can find from that website (2014) and has been driven only 105 000km.

I'm just wondering that why somehow that 2014 RCZ looks slightly different than like that 2011 RCZ, like rear side looks on 2014 shorter and it's not as roundy, or are they all exactly same size expect front bumber is different?

Last edited:

tomflek

Reaction score
They are all the same just changed the front bumper the rest of the car is the same
Right, appreciate it for clarifying!
How about, what good changes has happened to RCZ from example like 2011 model to 2014 model, I have heard that at 2012 model and so on they fixed those timing chain and chain tensioner problems but is there anything else improved on 2014 THP156 model?

tomflek

Reaction score
Ehh fuck it, went and bought this after all: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12736808
Maintenance history book was perfect and had all the receipts safe from those maintenances and car has been cheered up to 190hp/285nm on real professional car mechanic. Also engine cover renovated at year 2020 (cleaned at same time whole engine area from that carbon build up etc, costed like 5000€) and distribution head renovated at 125 000km (2019) which I assume includes that chain tensioner and timing chain change.

Last edited:

tomflek

Reaction score