What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Soon to be new Peugeot RCZ owner!

tomflek

Reaction score
So I'm gonna after next month buy for myself first car ever and it will be Peugeot RCZ obviously, but I would like to know from you guys who have been driving these cars a long time, so I would appreciate all the help and information what I should know and what to look for etcetc. My main option currently is to buy that 2011 HDi version, it has been driven 220 000km but for diesel engine that's not much yet and it costs 7990€, so am I placing my money on the best option as a diesel version when I would want to have the most reliable car what I can buy from this car series since this will be my first car and only car ever, so I'm rly looking forward to that reliability in long term, I really planned to keep this car as long as I just can, most likely I will never sell it away, so it will stay on me until it completely breaks down that there wouldn't be no point to repair it.

Who really wants to know more about this first option, it's in this link what I'm planning to buy: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12538056
But if this car turns out to be somewhat broken or makes worrying sound from the engine side etc, my 2nd option would be this: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12557439
Tell me what you think!

Greetings from Finland!

tomflek

Reaction score
Great to hear, just were wondering since newer posts gets replied but mine is dodged like a bullet in matrix for some reason.
Also Johnny five? :D

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and I have looked at the cars that you have posted.. The petrol ones are prone to issue with the hpfp but is a gt model as smaller stearing wheel.. But the Hdi engine are known to be bullet proof engine... But I am a little bios as both myself and the wife have one and 163-165 bhp unreal drive...
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

tomflek

Reaction score
Hi there and I have looked at the cars that you have posted.. The petrol ones are prone to issue with the hpfp but is a gt model as smaller stearing wheel.. But the Hdi engine are known to be bullet proof engine... But I am a little bios as both myself and the wife have one and 163-165 bhp unreal drive...
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Oh I see! Yeah I have heard about some of those petrol models issues and that's why i'm really looking forward to that diesel version because I would want this first car to be as bullet proof as possible and in long run and since I really don't care about those horsepowers etc as long as it looks great and runs well and this diesel will be totally fast enough for me and that fuel economy seems to be very neat on that diesel version!
But I appreciate it and I really appreciate it that you took a look onto those links!

tomflek

Reaction score
So apparently, that white peugeot rcz in that link what I sent here, car dealer said that there’s oil leaking, so would it be even then good idea to buy even if it gets fixed?

Pedro

Reaction score
Oil filter foot? I've never heard of that one perhaps it the filter housing which is not uncommon on RCZs
I wouldn't imagine any type of leak as alarming unless its a major failure whist the car is being driven

tomflek

Reaction score
Oil filter foot? I've never heard of that one perhaps it the filter housing which is not uncommon on RCZs
I wouldn't imagine any type of leak as alarming unless its a major failure whist the car is being driven
Yeah, sorry I couldn’t find the right word for it, somewhere there around the oil filter, but right! I thought so too that it shouldn’t be that alarming etc.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry I couldn’t find the right word for it, somewhere there around the oil filter, but right! I thought so too that it shouldn’t be that alarming etc.
Both of the cars you are looking at have quite high mileages do your possibly going to encounter some issues oil leaks are quite common on the RCZ but usually quite easy to fix.
Go with your gut feeling it should always be the one in the best condition with the proven maintenance record good luck 👍

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could always go the scientific way of choosing.

Arrange a drag race between the two cars, & then just buy the fastest 👍🏎

tomflek

Reaction score
Both of the cars you are looking at have quite high mileages do your possibly going to encounter some issues oil leaks are quite common on the RCZ but usually quite easy to fix.
Go with your gut feeling it should always be the one in the best condition with the proven maintenance record good luck 👍
I see I see! Well apparently, change of plans, that I might actually consider this car for now, to buy: https://www.nettiauto.com/en/peugeot/rcz/12736808
It says that it has perfect maintenance record, and it has been driven less than any of those other 2 cars what I posted here, tho this car is 156THP but it has been optimized to 190HP and 285Nm, is that good thing or bad thing?
Surely, this one is petrol, not diesel, so less bulletproof but... still has perfect maintenance record on paper and it has all the receipts from those maintenance sessions, while even that 220 000 km diesel version doesn't provide any of that perfect maintenance records.
What do you think?

tomflek

Reaction score
You could always go the scientific way of choosing.

Arrange a drag race between the two cars, & then just buy the fastest 👍🏎
Haha, well yes, that's one way to go, but unfortunately I'm not the richest guy, so I would want to place my bet to that best/reliable option which wouldn't take more money along the way too soon. :D

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks nice and the remap on a 156 is a good thing but I noticed cloth seats personally I would go for leather but your in a totally different climate but still you’ll probably want heated seats?

tomflek

Reaction score
Looks nice and the remap on a 156 is a good thing but I noticed cloth seats personally I would go for leather but your in a totally different climate but still you’ll probably want heated seats?
Oh, glad to hear that!
But yeah, I would love to have those leather seats, but I haven't found single one of those RCZ with leather seats on that website, but I don't really mind it either that I'm definetly fine with those cloth seats and yes, Finland is for sure quite cold cold place for the most of the time, so cloth with heated seats, wouldn't ask anything else! :D