What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Something changed ?

A

Anonymous

I've noticed the last 24hrs that I cannot add a smiley icon, and also the "view more smilies" has changed to a different looking page but clicking on them dont work either .
Clicking on any smiley just makes the page refresh, but nothing else happens.

Has there been some techy stuff done behind the scenes or is it just me ? I haven't altered any settings on my account or in my computer. ?
Smilies are "on" according to my "profile".

hanswuk

Reaction score
Also the Fast Reply button doesn't seem to be working either. Thought it was just me with the smilies but obviously not!

A

Anonymous

Yep just tried the "fast reply" and not working.
Not that I know what it's for.
* invisible roll of the eyeballs & LOL *.

A

Anonymous

Actually, with Firefox I can't add smileys at all. But since I'm new here I thought that would be normal...

hanswuk

Reaction score
Smilies don't work on Google Chrome either. Therefore I presume it's not down to the browser being used.

Interestingly the Fast Reply button isn't there at all on Chrome!

A

Anonymous

I agree jactac. They have been changed and now no longer work

A

Anonymous

Hmmm...interesting. :eusa-think: I'm afraid that I can offer no answers about this. I pretty much solely access the forum using Tapatalk on either my phone or ipad and I can still add smileys using that. The ones that exist that I cannot select I generally comprise using the symbols/encoding that appear when I view it on Tapatalk. Hopefully Derek will be along and be able to shed some light into this.

A

Anonymous

I've just tested the whole shebang:

- no smileys
- the buttons for Bold, Italics, Img etc. do nothing at all

I'm on Firefox 18.0.1 under Windows 7, the usual (filtering) suspects like NoScript and Adblock are disabled.

I'm a member of other forums which use phpBB and don't have any problems there.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Thanks for bringing this up. Not been any changes to the forum code recently so not sure how this has happened. I'll investigate and come back to you.

A

Anonymous

Something has definitely changed, in that when you select "view more smilies" they appear as a separate row on a separate page and different to how it used to.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These functions rely on Javascript which for some reason has ceased working on this site and others that I run. It looks like it's an issue with the webserver hosting company. I've dropped them a line to investigate.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. I'll work to get it sorted as soon as possible, guys.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All fixed. :lol: :beer: :thumbup: :dance: :happy-wavemulticolor:

A

Anonymous

Its 1.30am and im doing this on my phone whilst supposed to be working. :dance: .
Looks like all fixed but will give it a go when I get home later on.
So night night. :sleeping-yellow:
Shift work....... I just love it . :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Its 1.30am and im doing this on my phone whilst supposed to be working. :dance: .
Looks like all fixed but will give it a go when I get home later on.
So night night. :sleeping-yellow:
Shift work....... I just love it . :thumbdown:
It's 0300Hrs night night. If only I could stop my little brain from mulling things over, I would be tucked up now :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

I knew I wasn't the only night owl! RON I know exactly how it feels for your brain to be running in overdrive when all you want/need is for it to switch off and let you (and it) get some rest.

Jactac - I trust the night shift is going well and shortly coming to an end.

Anyway, night night (or morning morning as the case seems to be) peeps.

A

Anonymous

Well I'm on me dinner break (3:45) sh**y shifts put u in early grave

A

Anonymous

So what do you actually dine on at this time of the day? A very late dinner or a very early breakfast? Do you get cheated out of a meal on a night shift or get a bonus one...? :eusa-think: Hats off to you guys on night shift! Maybe we should start a night owl/night shift/drunk banter thread...?