What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Slight juddering when accelerating quickly 156 BHP

Flanners

Reaction score
When my R did this a few years ago it was beginning of the end of the fuel pump and a coil pack

Rizwan37

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm still struggling to fix this issue, I have replaced the headcover(pcv) with new aluminum headcover and still the knocking didn't go away.
The hpfp was also replaced 4 or 5 months back.

What I have noticed recently are two things,
One there's knocking after long idling (there's no knocking on idle, only after idle, let's say 10minutes).
Second things I noticed when the coolant temp is above 100 C and also I was told by my mechanic that it could the Pistons failing.

Also i want to mention the engine run just fine and pulls strong and after driving the car at medium-high speed, there's no more knocking sound.

Please advise, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-10-00-40-25-181_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-10-00-40-25-181_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 10

Rizwan37

Reaction score
Have you had the water pump friction wheel and tensioner checked out? They can be noisy when worn and sound like knocking
Hi Chillipip,
Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't checked the water pump friction wheel belt tensioner but the water pump pulley belt driven surface has small cracks(E.g. attached photo).

I want to ask, will it not be constant if this is the issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-10 155038.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-10 155038.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5

Rizwan37

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I will be checking this tensioner very soon and update you on this.