What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Shock absorbers - struts . . .

Goodbye

Reaction score
the b14 can be set to highest, and i think that is near stock. the b12 are a set-lower so those should then be avoided if you want to stay close to stock

If replacing suspension, definitely go coilovers, it transforms the car into an even greater driver's car (ive driven a thp200 with the B14's, and it was superb)
B1
Cheers

Last edited:

Goodbye

Reaction score
Got my answer:

This is a very common question!

There is a big difference between them, not just the colour!

Bilstein B4 dampers are classed as a replacement damper, this means they are a direct replacement shock absorber of the original factory fitted shocks. In some cases however oil shock absorbers are fitted as standard on some vehicles so the B4 is effectively an upgrade as it's a gas pressurized damper. These dampers are painted Black.

Bilstein B6 is an uprated shock absorber and is sometimes know as Bilstein B6 Sport. These have been extensively developed to give a sporty ride without lowering your vehicle. Generally they are a mono tube high pressure gas shock absorber meaning consistent performance and a sporty ride. These dampers are painted yellow.

This is just a very basic explanation without going into technical deqen B4 !
Cheers

Last edited:

Goodbye

Reaction score
Talking about gearboxes, i remember reading a recommendation here on what oil to use for the 6MT, but i cant find it anymore?
But yeah, bushes sound nice, but they dont have to feel nice. Also, engine mounts are often overlooked, but with other cars i found they can be a night and day difference. Any clue on aftermakret engine mounts for the RCZ, as mine need replacement next service?
Goodfer
Cheers

Last edited:

indoldn

Reaction score
B14 is track suspension, B12 is great kit and more user friendly on road, B6 without springs is also great mod, no need for lowering if you look for improved road hold
A lot of people are complaining when installing stiffer shocks, coils etc.
and admitting that handling is not improved much, so its not simple as that,
Cheers
Thanks for the info. I am looking to replace mine and originally looked at KW v2 or B14 but ultimately I don't use mine for track and don't it that much lower. Will have a look at B12 kit.

Goodbye

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am looking to replace mine and originally looked at KW v2 or B14 but ultimately I don't use mine for track and don't it that much lower. Will have a look at B12 kit.

Bilsteingive feedback Cheers

Last edited:

indoldn

Reaction score
Well, time is neigh. Closing in on 80,000 kilometres and Bilsteins ahoy. Also replacing the brake rotors and pads.
Out of interest, are you changing your bushes as well? Mine is just over 70k miles now and noticed the rear bushes don't look too good.