What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Say hello to beauty

Plecodoras

Reaction score
braveheart said:
neilgsxr69 said:
Well done nice job! :beer:
Thanks Neil, It was hard work but worth it as those hubs don't half rust, the rust getting on the alloys was unreal after giving them a good wash they were covered in it within 2 days.
The locking wheel nut was a nightmare all the garages wanted an hours labour at least and couldn't guarantee they wouldn't damage the alloy !! Found a guy called Nuts away near Glasgow and he guaranteed removal with no damage for only £10 I couldn't believe it as was quoted £70 upwards.

The guy was amazing it was off within 5 mins and he gave me four new bolts for £10 total cost £20 and no damage !!
He says that he works for all the garages and they call him in when they run out of ideas.
I would highly recommend him for any Scottish owners.

That's a result - well done... and the brakes look mint.

The locking wheel nuts on Citroen's and Peugeot's are sh*t, the pins fall out all the time. It does say somewhere ( in the manual - not Emmanuel DKZ !! ) that Air power tools are not to be used on the locking nut, but every garage does and that's what breaks them. I had the same problem, I got a nail in my tyre at work 40 miles from home, went to the garage who kindly broke my locking nut before managing to take my wheel off... Took ages / a blow torch / welder and four hands to get it off, then they told me ....... it was like that !!!!!
£72 quid for the tyre and another £20 quid fora new set of locking wheel nuts.
This should be a lesson for all of us to change our LWNuts - have I ... not YET - LOL.

:beer:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has been de-locking bolted (?)
By me with some refurbished second hand wheel bolts.

After the debacle with the locking bolts on my 508 I thought I'd take preemptive measures.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

braveheart

Reaction score
I had my wheels balanced a week earlier, I was more worried about them using my jacking points and told them before they started not to use them to lift the car, and they assured me they knew about the zee's problem and they would use blocks of wood.
A week later when I decided to paint the calipers I couldn't move any of the nuts on any of the wheels never mind the locking wheel nuts !!
So I took the car back to them and the tried to say it was me that damaged the wheel locking nut !!
Last time I use they cowboys.

I still have the problem with wheel wobble at 70m/p/h do you guys know how to fix it ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
braveheart said:
I had my wheels balanced a week earlier, I was more worried about them using my jacking points and told them before they started not to use them to lift the car, and they assured me they knew about the zee's problem and they would use blocks of wood.
A week later when I decided to paint the calipers I couldn't move any of the nuts on any of the wheels never mind the locking wheel nuts !!
So I took the car back to them and the tried to say it was me that damaged the wheel locking nut !!
Last time I use they cowboys.

I still have the problem with wheel wobble at 70m/p/h do you guys know how to fix it ?

The wheel wobble you refer to is it a vibration your feeling through the steering wheel or is the car interior vibrating? If your feeling the vibration through the steering wheel and you e had the wheels balanced then it most likely is the front discs if it's the interior that is vibrating it may be a rear wheel bearing? :eusa-think:

braveheart

Reaction score
Its only when I reach 70 m/p/h once I pass it its ok ? although if I'm hard on the brakes at that speed it comes right through the steering wheel.
Are my discs warped or something ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
braveheart said:
Its only when I reach 70 m/p/h once I pass it its ok ? although if I'm hard on the brakes at that speed it comes right through the steering wheel.
Sounds likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braveheart

Reaction score
All round led replacement for Beauty today and a 1st stage machine polish [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES][SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
How are the led sidelight/DRLs?
Do they dip properly like the halogen ones?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

braveheart

Reaction score
No !!! full bright white light also upgraded fogs to led

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I really like what you ve Done with the front breaks

Do you have any other pictures?
I am thinking of doing the same

Did you Remove them before painting? Peugeot is Just a sticker right?

braveheart

Reaction score
I left them on and masked the discs off, i painted them with a brush so there was no overspray to deal with and gave them two coats, also painted stone guard on rears.
Wire brushed all the rust then sprayed with tin of brake cleaner and applied paint, you will need a full day to do it.
Peugeot decals are just stickers from Ebay

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer

If its possible can you upload a picture with the sticker on?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
braveheart said:

I used to have a similar problem with a slight shake @ 80 mph, up to that & over it was fine, New tyres on the front sorted that out :thumbup: