What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Satnav updates

A

Anonymous

Hi guys can anyone help me here, just got my brand new 12 plate asphalt and was putting in my girlfriends address, the street and house has been there over 8 years but doesn't show on screen. To my mind the maps are well out of date.
This is the software I have right now.

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Hi guys can anyone help me here, just got my brand new 12 plate asphalt and was putting in my girlfriends address, the street and house has been there over 8 years but doesn't show on screen. To my mind the maps are well out of date.
This is the software I have right now.

oooh not sure, mine came 2010 with sat nav and the card was all updated. why not speak to the dealers? see if the card needs updating? good luck....sharon

A

Anonymous

I know when I had my Audi they came out with an updated disk every year at £180 a pop but as the asphalt is new on a 12 plate I'd like to think it came with the latest maps as standard. I'll talk to my dealer alright but was trying to pick up some info on here first to find out what the latest software is :)

A

Anonymous

you have two issues here. the software isn't the latest, and most likely you don't have the up-to-date maps (latest maps are 2011/2012, latest software is 32.05 if i remember correctly). both are available out there on the internet. the maps will set you back around £200 via official channels.........

updating the software alone won't update the maps
send me a pm if you want more info.

dave

A

Anonymous

Well I think if Ive just bought a 2012 brand new asphalt at nearly 30 grand it should come with the latest 2011/12 maps.
Am I wrong?
To be going and spending another £200 to make the car up to date when I've only had it a week is ridicules. I'll be speaking to my dealer and they will be sorting it out. Without too much hassle I hope :)

A

Anonymous

I don't like the word issues :thumbdown:
Brand new car equals brand new software and brand new maps, the car is less than a week old and in my mind should be bang upto date with the latest whatever Peugeot has to Offer, is that not the point in buying new? :eusa-think:
I'd understand fully if I had bought a 2yr old second hand and I'd have to update and pay £200 for new map data :crazy:

A

Anonymous

fully agree with your starky. you've spent enough money on the latest rcz, so a free firmware update and latest maps should be a given.

was just suggesting an alternative route should you not get anywhere

A

Anonymous

Yea thanx for the info, I have had a look around Internet but was trying to find out what the latest map updates where, so you say they are 32.05 and I have 26.04. That makes them well out of date :wtf:
Do you know how the maps are updated? Via a disk or the SD card slot?

A

Anonymous

Starky,

the software version and the map update are two seperate things. Updating the software will not change the maps, and vice versa.

The software update will remove a few bugs and occasionally introduce new features. Having said that, I have not noticed any difference between 26.04 and 32.05. As far as I know, 32.05 is the lastest software version.

The latest maps are what you are after. The latest version available is 2011/2012. Here's the official link should Peugeot claim otherwise:

http://peugeot.navigation.com/RCZ_2010/ ... en_GB/GBP/

The maps will be most likely updated via DVD and it takes about 30 mins or so. However, you can also update the maps via SD or USB, which was what I did.

HTH

A

Anonymous

Ah thanks, I'll be showing them that. So the car software is out of date also, how do I find out what version of maps are installed right now? It's defo not 2011/12.

A

Anonymous

I'm maybe being a little thick here :crazy:
I know there are system updates, one for car and one for maps,
It's the maps that I'm concerned about right now but not sure how to check which version I have installed now, I just know they are so out of date :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

i can't remember at the moment - am away from the car at work. i think if you press and hold "setup" you may get some more options and it might be in there

A

Anonymous

sorry - i should have been clearer - your "car" software should be up to date. that's nothing to do with the sat nav software which you have shown in the picture above.

A

Anonymous

Ah ok, so the photo I have there is the sat nav do it is indeed not upto date, should be 30.5 as you say and not 26.4 as I have

A

Anonymous

Got it now, the software for maps that are installed in car right now is R26b-R26.04 but it should be N32b-N32.05 which is the latest version so it's a trip to the dealers me thinks :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Well I think if Ive just bought a 2012 brand new asphalt at nearly 30 grand it should come with the latest 2011/12 maps.
Am I wrong?
To be going and spending another £200 to make the car up to date when I've only had it a week is ridicules. I'll be speaking to my dealer and they will be sorting it out. Without too much hassle I hope :)
Your car is brand new to you, however the Asphalt has not been made for some time now, so it is not brand new. I had the same issue with a previous car that I had made for me to my specification, so it was brand new and hot off of the production line, however when they got the map disc from the store they got an older version than was available. This was soon put right though. As will yours :thumbup:
I believe that my RCZ has the same software version as yours has but will be 12months old next month.

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
Hi guys can anyone help me here, just got my brand new 12 plate asphalt and was putting in my girlfriends address, the street and house has been there over 8 years but doesn't show on screen.

Surely you know they way to your girlfriends house??? :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Oh how did I know someone was gonna say that haha.
I can remember most of the time just sat nav helps but not in this case, her street isn't even there never mind her house ;)

A

Anonymous

Yea I know car has been sitting in compound for a few months, think it was build November. So the maps will be out of date, I'm sure my dealer will update it 2011/12 when I pop in to see them, I started this thread just to find out what the latest version was, so I knew what I was asking for ;)