What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Richard Hammond (Top Gear ) review of RCZ

A

Anonymous

I cant believe you got rid of your evo 8?!! though the 10 is the first car I'd buy if I had more money than sense

A

Anonymous

Seeing as the main differences between the 200 and 156 seem to come down to a larger turbo, Pug 407 Hubs and a stiffening bar I think anyone who has saved £2.5k in buying a 156 could easily get their car to a better spec for less than the difference. But for those wanting it out of the box then the 200 is the way ahead.

will be interesting once the 200 Owners get bored though and we start to see tuning of that.. bringing the 62 times into the High 6's is sure to please the speed junkies

Noticed the Germans have started releasing suspension kits for the RCZ already! :)

A

Anonymous

Im glad I ordered the 200 the reviews right the 156 is a bit slow and the diesel drives like a standard hatchback, all RCZ's are good but I dont see the point in buying a sports car and not buying the full fat fast model

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ146 said:
Im glad I ordered the 200 the reviews right the 156 is a bit slow and the diesel drives like a standard hatchback, all RCZ's are good but I dont see the point in buying a sports car and not buying the full fat fast model
Hmmmm - I thought you had ordered a 156 in white :eusa-think:

I wouldn't class the RCZ as a sports car - Grand tourer yes - GT :geek: .

When the car first came out the 200 was not available, :idea: not everyone wants a 200, you have to take into acount running costs and the 156 / HDI are the better options, again it's all about individuals requirements.

It's OK having a full fast model but you can only do 70 mph ;) unless you track it of course.

Rob

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
It's OK having a full fast model but you can only do 70 mph ;) unless you track it of course.

Rob

Hi Rob,

for your country you are absolutely right, but in my country the situation is complete different, we do have autobahns !

doc

FGRob

Reaction score
doc said:
FGRob said:

Rob

Hi Rob,

for your country you are absolutely right, but in my country the situation is complete different, we do have autobahns !

doc
Hi Doc.

Yep I know - I'm looking forward to trying them in May :dance: ;)

Rob

A

Anonymous

Good point about European roads. I cant really see there being any decent roads in Scotland that would really exploit the power of the 200 over the DERV or 156. All the good Scottish roads are tight and twisty!

A

Anonymous

Practicality has to take centre stage when selecting which model of car to go for. I opted for the 156bhp because it was already MORE horse power than what I was trading in, plus my journeys to and from work are all commuter-heavy and choosing the diesel wasn't going to benefit me any. I certainly do NOT find the 156 a slow car...I regularly leave other cars sitting at the lights, their drivers no doubt open-mouthed :lol: . If I had to start all over again I'd STILL opt for the 156, no hesitation, even tho' I'm considered a bit of a girl racer by my family (brother calls me Stirling Moth :lol: ).

A

Anonymous

Autobahns are a little scary at first, especially when an artic lorry comes past at 120 kph!...scarier still is the crazy granny that sped past me at 150 kph! Italian roads are still by far the scariest, and the drivers the craziest!

A

Anonymous

:lol: Even on german autobahns artic lorries are limited to 50 mph !

But RCZ do not have a limit! (only the power limits it to 153 mph) :dance:

doc

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
I cant believe you got rid of your evo 8?!! though the 10 is the first car I'd buy if I had more money than sense

House broken into for the keys, I was away for a weekend with them so they just vandalised the car and stole hardly anything. I have a wife and young daughter so away it went hello FRV and now hello RCZ. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Oh my, sorry to hear that! Its such a crushing feeling having your car broken into...and in your case stolen. Given, I cant empathise on that level, however I had my car broken into in Sheffield...No.1 on my list of most hated places in the uk...but they just stole what was inside and left the damn car!! Hopefully the immobiliser on the RCZ should deter any would-be thieves...that and avoiding any reason to go to Sheffield!! Having your house broke into when you have a family, even though you weren't there, must have been horrific experience! I hope the little buggers got caught!

A

Anonymous

Even on german autobahns artic lorries are limited to 50 mph !

Shhhhhh....I was trying to make it sound like I wasn't driving like an old person (by "old" I mean much older than anyone on this forum!). Though, if they are limited to 50 Mpg the ones that passed me were doing a very fast 50 mph!

A

Anonymous

In Australia all 3 models are the same price
so really a no brained , go the 200 all the way!!!

A

Anonymous

I have a HDi 163 GT &, not being a speed freak either, bought it for the economy & the fact it was a 2 litre, as I wanted plenty of torque for when we holiday up & down mountain roads-my personal choice even though I could have had any of them. Like most RCZ owners on this forum, I am exstatic with my decision, no looking back & no regrets whatsoever!

I have had literally dozens of incredibly complimentary comments on it's looks, ALL by people who know nothing whatssoever about it's performance capabilties. So, at the end of the day, to non RCZ owners, there is generally only 1 thing that people notice & are interested in, & that is the car's stunning good looks, & lets face it, there is nothing on the cars to distinguish between the 156, 163 or 200! Even if you rag it around like a jerk (which does'nt actually impress anyone), it does'nt prove you have a powerful car! The cars that drive at rediculous speeds on the motorway are often very low powered cars, so the performance is a purely personal thing & rather insignificant to other people! :eusa-think:

This is a lovely forum, so Yes, let's all continue to share in each others passion for this beautiful machine, & not slip in to 'mine's better than your's' mentality!!! :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Well said MARTHAMAY22 :clap:

But my dad is bigger than yours