What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Richard Hammond (Top Gear ) review of RCZ

A

Anonymous

Martha

Very good post. At the end of the day we are all RCZ'ers . We dont want this forum turning into the TT forum :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Oh my, sorry to hear that! Its such a crushing feeling having your car broken into...and in your case stolen. Given, I cant empathise on that level, however I had my car broken into in Sheffield...No.1 on my list of most hated places in the uk...but they just stole what was inside and left the damn car!! Hopefully the immobiliser on the RCZ should deter any would-be thieves...that and avoiding any reason to go to Sheffield!! Having your house broke into when you have a family, even though you weren't there, must have been horrific experience! I hope the little buggers got caught!

No they didn't get it they hardly stole anything from the house. Because I had the keys they could no take it so booted it in and slashed the Tyres with a knife from the kitchen, GULP!

A

Anonymous

bit confused.....

did most of you buy the RCZ in order to get admiring looks from others?!!?!

seems so from Martha's post. ie. there's nothing to show it's the 200 on the car so why bother? Are you saying if the car had an extra spoiler or something to "show" it was faster you WOULD buy it?

I've ordered a 200 because I'M going to be driving it. I test drove all 3, and the 200 is a nice car. I prefer it in corners, it sounds nicer when I do push it. I'm by no means a racer at all, much of my driving will bein the work commute, but when the road does open up I know which car I'd rather be driving.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with other people's choices (I second the let's not turn into a TT forum comments), I just find it weird that some of the sentiment on here seems to be, I have an RCZ because other people think it looks cool?

I've probably misinterpreted....

A

Anonymous

mattjames355 said:
bit confused.....

id most of you buy the RCZ in order to get admiring looks from others?!!?!

...I have an RCZ because other people think cool?

I think most people mean that THEY (and I) think their RCZ is cool. I don't go around looking at other people watching me drive by. If they like my car, well and good. If they don't, I still do and that's their choice.

FGRob

Reaction score
mattjames355 said:
did most of you buy the RCZ in order to get admiring looks from others?!!?!

No - I brought mine because my wife told me to :dance: :oops:

mattjames355 said:
seems so from Martha's post. ie. there's nothing to show it's the 200 on the car so why bother? Are you saying if the car had an extra spoiler or something to "show" it was faster you WOULD buy it?

I brought mine because of the looks / performance / economy that the 156 gives you - already have one diesel in the house, plus at the time the 200 was not available, would I wait for one, again no - for me it's just not worth the extra expense, but that's just it - it was the decision I had made no one else, excluding the wife of course.

mattjames355 said:
I've ordered a 200 because I'M going to be driving it. I test drove all 3, and the 200 is a nice car. I prefer it in corners, it sounds nicer when I do push it. I'm by no means a racer at all, much of my driving will bein the work commute, but when the road does open up I know which car I'd rather be driving.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with other people's choices (I second the let's not turn into a TT forum comments), I just find it weird that some of the sentiment on here seems to be, I have an RCZ because other people think it looks cool?

I was out with a load of MR2 over the weekend, on some of the twisty roads in the Yorkshire Dales, the car handled really well, which I was very pleased about, I wasn't sure how it was going to handle at first but to be honest it had no problem keeping up with them, so for me - as a grand tourer I'm more than happy with the RCZ.

Remember it's just individuals choice and I can safely say that a very high proportion of RCZ owners buy the car for the looks not always performance.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Absolutely Rob, Bangor....

And thanks for not jumping down my throat for questioning another's post!!

Glad to hear you all love your cars. Only 47 days to go for me :thumbdown:

Am currently driving a little Pug 207 as the 3 year old Ford Mondeo is in the garage having a DMF replaced. Due to the wait for the RCZ I've had to go over the usual 3 year lease on my company vehicle. Not sure Lex will be too happy at the 2k cost of replacement :eusa-whistle:

Actually the Mondeo has been the bane of my life for the last 3 years, and another reason I was determined to get a petrol car on the company scheme rather than be herded down the diesel route again.

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
In Australia all 3 models are the same price
so really a no brained , go the 200 all the way!!!

Are you serious? That doesn't make sense, but I envy you. In Sweden, the difference between the 156hp and 200hp is about £5000!
There must be an explanation? Do you have to pay more tax or something like that? Otherwise, why would anyone buy the 156 instead of the 200hp if they cost the same?

A

Anonymous

ruffryder said:
RCZ007 said:
In Australia all 3 models are the same price
so really a no brained , go the 200 all the way!!!

Are you serious? That doesn't make sense, but I envy you. In Sweden, the difference between the 156hp and 200hp is about £5000!
There must be an explanation? Do you have to pay more tax or something like that? Otherwise, why would anyone buy the 156 instead of the 200hp if they cost the same?

The 156hp model in Australia is only automatic and the 200hp comes with manual gearbox. This is why the pricing is the same.