What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rg4 r3d Sat Nav

A

Anonymous

Thanks Marcus. I am aware of clauses that are included to protect companies such as the one you have stated. However this is no reason for the 'attitude' i received and the manner in which I was spoken to from the representative at Customer Services.

I had been told by Peugoet Customer Services that it was possible to upload camera information by updating the maps as this was included in the map update. I went back to my dealer and was told this was not possblie and that they had been on to Peugoet. I called Customer Services again and was told the same thing that by uploading a new map update the cameras update were included. Eventually I was told that Customer Serices had been given the incorrect information and indeed updates for cameras were not available.

It may never have been stated in any literature that this was available but it was indeed available when I ordered the car and was one of the reasons I purchased the built in Sat Nav. It was an implied condition of purchased and it seems that Peugoet dont care about customer beyond the purchase - well it is my experience so far - I would love to be proved wrong!

A

Anonymous

hi deano -

Ive already had these arguments on behalf of a customer with Peugeot and was unable to resolve the issue so I really understand your frustration. on the flip side I sort of understand Peugeot positon too - the file give slightly innacurate speeds at camera sites so they dont want to use it.

My understanding of the disc situation is that there was 2 discs that could be purchased - one with the map update and one with map and speed cameras. I know another member on here got that disc with the map & speed camera from his dealer. This may have changed since then.

My solution is that if you can live with the speed innacuracies you can download the file from the peugeot france website for 5 euros :thumbup:

I think i posted a link to the thread where I gave the website details above.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

deano,
personaly i would go with the "inaccurate" download, i think it's that or no camera locations at all !
You will have an alert that there's a camera located on your route, and basicaly ease off a bit until the bloody thing has gone by.
The road you're on will be an indication of what the limit is, so if the sat nav say's 25, then you're in a 30, 50 will be 50 and 70 will show as 65.
Just round the sat navs figure up and you should be fine.

Now a 40 mph speed limit zone, well thats another matter, but i think it's only TT drivers that stick to 40. :lol:

I'm guessing that if it's anything like my TomTom and Garmain, it will show your actual speed and the speed limit for that road, so for instance you will have an alert when you approach a 30mph camera even though your only doing 25mph. When you think about it, that is good, it saves you slowing down ? If the inaccuracies were the other way round then you would always be over the limit before you had an alert. I think ? :lol:

I fully understand your point about why you went for the sat nav in the first place, like me you want all the bells and whistles on your new expensive toy and quite rightly so.
Hopefuly Peugeot will address this sometime soon, it is in their interest to do so.