What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rg4 r3d Sat Nav

Davie

Reaction score
I am unable to download safety cameras for this sat nav,site is down.
Any suggestions for downloading the cameras would be appreciated.

Davie

Reaction score
You are using the correct site,its on off at the moment,just check daily.Peugeot apologise for the site being down.
Costs £4.99 for download onto SD card,quick download and good camera response.When downloaded,check your settings,change from Km to Mph.I was running around with Km.
Let me know how you get on.Best wishes Davie.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Davie I have constantly tried and haven't sucseded in getting on the site in over 2 weeks now, I'll just have to keep trying.
Cheers Grant

A

Anonymous

many thanks jimmy.

the second link isn't working anymore - download limit reached. any chance of reposting it somewhere? does it have the speed cams for europe or just for france

tia

dave

A

Anonymous

Been informed by Peugeot customer services today that speed camera downloads for the RG4 sat nav will never ever be available!!!!! Poor show for a sat nav system that cost £1400! And I have to say that the attitude of customer services was really really bad - basically told that it was tough luck!!! I love my RCZ but Peugeot themselves dont care about customer service.

A

Anonymous

Not impressed at all with that !! Lets be honest, the speed camera facility is a big part of owning a sat nav, and like you quite rightly say, at £1400 you expect a fully map updated sat nav system WITH speed cameras included.

I thought though that it was possible to get updates downloaded, which include the speed camera option ?

Also whats the difference between the RG4 and NG4 system ? My car is due in a few weeks with the NG4 system, i'm assuming this will have the most recent updates, including speed cameras.

You wouldnt buy a brandnew TomTom and have old out of date software installed !!

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac,

You had better check with your dealer. My understanding is that not even the new cars will have speed camera data installed.

A £150 Tom Tom would be of more use.

A

Anonymous

Deano, i hope this is not the case, i will be disappointed, i can recall something being mentioned, but i thought it just a case of the software being downloaded then installed by the dealer.

Didnt realise that the software is now not available. I'm sure owners have had the software downloaded from Peugot for a few £££, ?

Thing is there are so many threads it's difficult to find what your looking for.

A

Anonymous

I have had various conversations with my dealer and Peugoet customer services today - you can get map updates but speed camera information is definately not available. Disappointed to say the least!!!

A

Anonymous

Thats not good.

My dealer mentioned something about the speed cameras being removed by Peugot because the download was inaccurate, but i'm sure he said it can be installed and will show camera locations but they may have a slightly lower speed warning, for instance a 30mph zone will show as 28mph and a 70mph could show as 68mph, i'm ok with this as long as you get the warning that a camera is around the corner.

Once you get the warning your going to slow down a couple of mph anyway, so even the "inaccurate" software is better than nothing.

It's still shocking though that for £1400 you don't receive fully updated software with the cameras. All Honda sat navs are right up to date with map & camera locations and offer "future proof" software for a small one off fee. Something Peugot need to chew on eh !!

A

Anonymous

Will do.
Car is not due for week or so, but i'm hoping if it's just a case of copying a few files over, he will sort it out for me. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

This download is not available in the Uk from Peugeot - they have withdrawn from sometime late last year due to the reaons I explained to jactac which he has noted in his post.

Peugeot do not state in any of the RCZ marketing literature that the system has this facility so will not be overly cooperative on complaints from people that they cannot run something that Peugeot do not say the car can do (been there had that argument on behalf of a customer !) hence the response deano has recieved.

The back of the brochure says "The information contained in this brochure is based on the data and images available at the time of printing. Some feature combinations may not be available in the UK. Also, some photography may feature vehicles which are left hand drive. As part of our policy of continuous specification improvement, Peugeot reserve the right to modify technical equipment, the options available, and colours at any time. For full specification ask your Peugeot Dealer, or click on http://www.peugeot.co.uk. Please note that print and photographic processes used in the creation of this brochure may alter the depth and tone of the colours shown. This brochure is not a contractual document or offer of sale. The details in this brochure cannot be reproduced without the expressed authorisation of Peugeot.

I found a way to get the file from a european source rather than Peugeot Uk at a cost of about 5 euros and have explained how anyone can get it in this thread traffic-updates-rg4-compensation-t1306.html

Jactac - as i said at the time I will load the file onto your NG4 for you :thumbup:

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Thank you again Marcus for clearing things up, i knew you had mentioned a problem with the Peugot website and the sat nav software, but couldnt remember the exact details.
It was a lot to take in when i viewed the car, i was'nt doubting that you would go back on your word on the camera file. :beer: