What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Resale values?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:
EVEN better lease the car and you will have no resale/residual worries,after all who is silly enough to buy a car outright these days????you either do the latter or pay it up,leasing my car is the best thing i have done when getting a new car ;)

When you lease you don't ever actually own it though do you? You can't make changes to it, etc.
I was always brought up with the notion you pay for it outright, otherwise you don't buy at all :)

yeah but leasing a car and changing it every 1 or 2 years suits me and you dont have any worries on residuals and the deal i got was too good to turn down £280/month for an rcz gt + 2 years free road tax and i can change cars after the first 6 months upgrade or downgrade,i dont want to change an rcz it looks good the way it is.my father changed his cars every single year as i can remember buying brand new range topping fords xr3i's,3.0 ghia capris,rs 2000's,mondeo st24's and tonnnes more like that all for cash only to loose massive amounts every year.

buying outright makes good sense if your going to keep it for 5 years+++ i hope not but peugeot will discount this car eventually then residuals will drop sharply all french car makers do it a lot,each to there own but leasing a car to me is the best is best for me

A

Anonymous

Hi again :wave:

Spent yesterday trawling around various dealer's with the RCZ,visited (FRF) Swansea as you may be aware looking at the forthcoming Toyota ft86,sadly unable to get part ex price as ft86 not yet launched,but as expected sales-person did say dealer will be allocated small numbers in the first run and therfore no discount,similar story to Subaru,but perhaps a bit more flexibility on part -ex as (FRF) is a big chain and Peugeot is part of it.

Quick spin to Audi in SA1 and quite surprised with the reaction,salesman was great he even took the RCZ out for a quick spin no sales pitch but a true petrolhead,never driven one and first one he had been close and sat in,feedback was complementary :thumbup: he rated the design,look of cabin and seating position,his only negative's was hard ride which he picked up within a mile and the stock front end which by now is old news.
Looked at the Audi TT,2011(black edition)211 bhp,and for a non TT fan,i was well impressed,and he worked some figures out allowing me a tempting balance,however as stated im looking at March 2012 and the current TT even with the latest facelift is very much in it's autumn years,but to be fair still a good looking car :eusa-think:

Last stop one of the local Peugeot,not my supplying dealer in Carmarthen,noticed two RCZ's on the forecourt,both fully loaded with extras and price to match,Salesperson again great :thumbup:worked a deal out on my current RCZ for another similar 200(THP) with only metallic and alloy upgrade,on a base part ex deal i hinted of an extra 1k saving and realisticallly this deal was possible,and quote what was said...Its a base model,no big extras and your car will sell.

Anyway till March im happy with my RCZ :thumbup: