What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Resale values?

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I have recently changed jobs which means I reluctantly have to change my beloved RCZ ( 200GT, Dolphin Blue, Vision Pack and extended leather with 9000 miles, October 2010). The best trade in price I have been offered is £17500! THis seems outrageous to me - has anyone else facd this problem?

A

Anonymous

Thats not a good price they are ripping u off me thinks,

have you taken it to a dealer to get a better idea and you must get more if you trade it in even if its for a lower priced car

A

Anonymous

The problem you have it's a trade in :thumbdown: the dealer will need to sell that vehicle and look at their own margin,they have a buisness to run and staff to pay,they are not there to to look after your need's,however if the car must go and part ex not an option,look around other dealer's at best you are probably looking at £17800 to £18000,sorry but that's how the market is :eusa-think:
Try private to begin with the Rcz is popular,not a huge amount on the second hand scene yet,worth a try :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

i punched my cars details into "We Buy Any Car" opal white 156 gt 2k miles 11 plate TEN QUID OFF £17,000 the value was. so given your model/mileage it wont be much different to my cars value maybe slightly less,try them for a valuation then add about £1,500 onto it for what you would get for a private sale roughly

A

Anonymous

theres been a few on ebay in the £17500 to £18500 bracket. dont know if they sold or not.

A

Anonymous

If i was offered around £19000 for mine with just 1100 miles on the clock and a few optional extras on top of the standard Gt spec i think i may be tempted to let it go .

A

Anonymous

garage said mine was only valued at £17,500 as well. 10 plate 156 GT with a few extras with 10,000 on the clock. I thought that was a bit low, but looking on auto-trader they are all going for roughly that.

FGRob

Reaction score
dhb1971 said:
Hi all, I have recently changed jobs which means I reluctantly have to change my beloved RCZ ( 200GT, Dolphin Blue, Vision Pack and extended leather with 9000 miles, October 2010). The best trade in price I have been offered is £17500! THis seems outrageous to me - has anyone else facd this problem?
If you are trading the car in, it's not about the trade in value but the cost to trade, in otherwords the addtional cost you have to pay for your new vehicle.

I traded my 156 GT a few months ago with 12500 miles on the clock which was registered in July 2011, the trade in value I got almost £18K but when you see the paperwork it does not look like that as they work in special discounts etc off the new car. If you know what you want then wait until the dealer as special deals on, that's what I did at Mini / BMW.

I will also say when I did trade the car in, they really did not know where to pitch the trade in value, I think the market is getting a little wiser and this will be reflected in future trade in values, certainly as more secondhand vehicles become available.

Good luck with your sale

Rob.

A

Anonymous

sounds about right to me...

right on the button in fact :lol:

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Thank you very much for all your replies. I have now sadly changed the car and pick up my BMW this afternoon. I will miss the car but unfortunately it isn't ideal when I will now be doing 25k a year.

I thought I would give a summary of my thoughts:

A great looking car that turns heads and agitates TT owners.

A great driving car but could do with upping the power to 230ish bhp as I found it a tad reluctant at lower revs.

Build quality on my car was fine, no issues with the suspension, clutch or the leather dash - but the number of owners with these issues is a problem.

My biggest problem is with Peugeot dealers who need to stand by the car if they are to break the stigma of peugeot residual values. I appreciate that we are always dissappointed when our car has lost a lot of money but it is wrong when Peugeot dealers offer less money as a trade in against similar value cars than competitive makes. I got more for the car from BMW, and was offered more from Audi than any of the four peugeot dealers i visited. All the cars I was looking at were around the same value.

This is the reason why we have all the snobbery from TT drivers because they think their cars are better, unfortunately Peugeot dealers are perpetuating this problem.

So farewell RCZ friends! I may well look to get another as a weekend car in a couple of years as I suspect they will be an absolute bargain giving the most smile per pound on the road.

Best Regards

Derek

A

Anonymous

Good luck with the new job and the Beemer. :thumbup:

I'm more or less in the same position as you with regards to selling the RCZ, i feel the need to change but i know i'm going to take a hammering on the value of the RCZ.

My heart tells me to stick with it, but my head keeps saying GET OUT NOW !

I have visited a few other make dealerships over the last month or so and the impression that i get from these other dealerships is that they are not worried in the slightest about a sales competition from the RCZ, as they think people looking for a new car will see past the good looks of the RZC and opt for something with a long and healthy background in build quality & reliability.

As you rightly say though, Peugeot dealers are not helping the situation, when they themselves are re-valuing an RCZ at a trade-in, less than what the competition are offering . I would of thought that it would be the other way round, a Peugeot dealer would offer the best trade-in value ? Most annoying :eusa-think:

I do agree with you again when you say that in a few years the second hand market for an RCZ will be an absolute bargain, but on the other hand for it to become such a bargain it would mean that it's value drops even more than we had hoped for, so thats not such a good thing, especially for the long term owner. :|

A

Anonymous

No one should buy a new car on the basis that it will be a good resale.. it always leads to heartache

RCZ1

Reaction score
Figo said:
No one should buy a new car on the basis that it will be a good resale.. it always leads to heartache

Never a truer word spoken :)

You hear stories of not to buy a car in this colour or that colour because when you come to trade in, it won't get such a good price. Surely if you are buying a new car, you buy the car YOU want, to the spec YOU want. :!: Not to please someone else a few years down the line. At the end of the day the difference in price is minimal so you may as well get the exact car you want. :thumbup:

Some people throw loads of extras at their cars (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I've done it myself) but come trade in you're not going to get the money back that you paid out for them. It's just the way of the world :D

A

Anonymous

Figo,
I agree with you totaly, but it is a bit frustrating that a Peugeot dealer values a car of his own brand at a trade-in less than what his competitors are prepared to offer you.

I guess it's all down to what they have in stock and how much they can play with prices, but it still does not fill Peugeot owners with much confidence.

As for the second hand RCZ market, i think there will be some very happy owners in a year or two, especially with some RCZ's more or less having the entire accessories catalogue thrown at them, the thing is though dealers are more than willing to let us smitten purchasers add all the bling at point of sale, but do not return their appreciation when re-valuing our pride & joy when the time comes to part company, however as soon as you have done the trade-in and your ex RCZ is on the forecourt you can bet your last penny (if you got any left) that all the extras are quickly listed like a who's who of bling on the windscreen :evil:

A

Anonymous

Hi guy's :wave:

Just an update,in between night's few day's off took the RCZ to my local Subaru dealer in Kidwelly,its part of a larger Renault chain,as you know interested in both the BRZ and forthcoming FT86 in March 2012,had some figures in mind on a part ex for Sept/Oct,these car's not yet available but wanted in theory to know where i stood :eek: Subaru part ex is notoriously poor due to it's smaller dealer network,i was looking at 16,500k to 16,800k best deal now via Subaru is 16k,thank god my RCZ is a 200 THP base (sport) with only Metallic Graphite and £210 alloy upgrade,i dread to think what my RCZ will be worth in March 2012.

Visiting Toyota (FRF) Swansea tomorrow and will update you when possible,If poor as these dealers will be limited to small number's (FT86) 1st year,may also pop into one of the local Peugeot dealers,but noticed both have a few RCZs on the forecourt attempting to sell so could be interesting :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

EVEN better lease the car and you will have no resale/residual worries,after all who is silly enough to buy a car outright these days????you either do the latter or pay it up,leasing my car is the best thing i have done when getting a new car ;)

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
EVEN better lease the car and you will have no resale/residual worries,after all who is silly enough to buy a car outright these days????

Umm that would be me :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
EVEN better lease the car and you will have no resale/residual worries,after all who is silly enough to buy a car outright these days????you either do the latter or pay it up,leasing my car is the best thing i have done when getting a new car ;)

When you lease you don't ever actually own it though do you? You can't make changes to it, etc.
I was always brought up with the notion you pay for it outright, otherwise you don't buy at all :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:

When you lease you don't ever actually own it though do you? You can't make changes to it, etc.
I was always brought up with the notion you pay for it outright, otherwise you don't buy at all :)

i am of the same mind as rcz1 but these days there are lots of ways of getting behind the wheel all cost money :eusa-think: so it is a personal choice unless your my daughter who is at uni and having a ford ka sponserd :cool: by dad oh to be young !!!!! :helpme: