What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Renovating Black Arches.

apple3337

Reaction score
I don't think covering is a good solution. Try removing a small section of oxidisation with heavy cut compound. Just to test if it can be removed. You will have to rub hard! Several times.
I thought I might polish out the ripple finish but it had no effect on it.
If you can get rid of the oxide, then you can coat it with something that will last a lot longer and look way better.

hellomotto

Reaction score
I don't think covering is a good solution. Try removing a small section of oxidisation with heavy cut compound. Just to test if it can be removed. You will have to rub hard! Several times.
I thought I might polish out the ripple finish but it had no effect on it.
If you can get rid of the oxide, then you can coat it with something that will last a lot longer and look way better.
Iwill need to get some advice on how to do all this polishing stuff

But it seems like the best solution

DKZ5745

Reaction score
A second or even third coat will always enhance the results, but if you’re still struggling to cover the dull area, you could always try the rubbing compound as mentioned in post #7 above. Then try the Meguiars again.
Don't forget to report the results back to us so other members can benefit from your efforts. 👍

hellomotto

Reaction score
A second or even third coat will always enhance the results, but if you’re still struggling to cover the dull area, you could always try the rubbing compound as mentioned in post #7 above. Then try the Meguiars again.
Don't forget to report the results back to us so other members can benefit from your efforts. 👍
Yes i defintirly will

Im thinking of using either of

And then using meguiars from above.

But i must admit, i thought i knew the basics of cutting vs rubbing compound, little unsure if i should go the light or heavy duty onr
Bring it to my place and I'll show you.
Thanks thats very kind! Ill definitely will if i get stuck🫣

Last edited:

hellomotto

Reaction score
20230827_175831.jpg
Before
20230827_180109.jpg
During
20230828_172439.jpg
After

Here is my experience. Not sure if i did it correctly. Went down the heavy duty option. Very very surprised to see the paste didnt have any abrasive bits in it. It was like margerine

Rubbed pretty hard twice. Used a damp cloth.
Marginal improvement.
Not sure if its technique, product or choice of method

apple3337

Reaction score
When I did mine, I mixed in some super heavy duty boat cutting compound. That stuff is savage! Did you remove the coating you put on it first?

hellomotto

Reaction score
When I did mine, I mixed in some super heavy duty boat cutting compound. That stuff is savage! Did you remove the coating you put on it first?
I didnt remove the meguiars.
I assumed the compound would remove it..... hmm still trying to work out if i need stronger stuff or im barking up the wrong tree
Or my expectations are wrong

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you have access to a D.A. it would help. DA combined with cutting compound would give good results much quicker.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could use a stripping shampoo such as G3, but the cutting compound should strip it eventually anyway.
IMG_2485.jpeg

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen them done before. It will be interesting to see the results. At least with wrap it’s quite easily undone If you’re not happy.

Pedro

Reaction score
Trouble with wrapping is the Atmospherics liked ingrained dirt road film rain spots etc can spoil the Aesthetic looks numerous people have commented on why I don't get mine done simple answer is I pay around £1.25 every so often for a large can of stainless steel & alloy cleaner from B & Q which does the wheels as they are chromed front grill exhaust tips & roof rails a simple case of spray on wipe off excess & admire the shine until the next time it gets a washdown they look as good now as when I bought the car in 2017