What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear spoiler and wing mirror update

George123

Reaction score
Morning all,
So I’ve written a couple of posts now asking for help and suggestions regarding a broken spoiler and wing mirror on my new rcz. Thanks for all who have offered advise and suggestions. I thought I should put some pictures up to show what’s happened.
I thought I might be able to get away with bonding the bracket of the spoiler that has broken, but after taking the boot carpet off and inspecting the underside of the mechanism, it seems no amount of gluing will fix this! So next step will be eBay for a new mechanism.
the wing mirror appeared to have taken a knock at some stage and would not fold when locking the car, although you can see and hear the motor trying. I disassembled the mirror housing and found that it had broken at the shaft and the previous owner has ‘fixed’ it in place with 3 screws, preventing it from moving. So off to eBay again I guess! In the picture you can see where the screws were driven in, I forgot to take a picture of it before I removed them though.

Attachments

• 93C11987-6A92-4336-A952-5DB126553BAD.jpeg
    93C11987-6A92-4336-A952-5DB126553BAD.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 65
  • F3554738-7866-4D62-9E46-FFF0C6EB7CB3.jpeg
    F3554738-7866-4D62-9E46-FFF0C6EB7CB3.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 64600EF0-E2ED-4200-B435-A1A734906100.jpeg
    64600EF0-E2ED-4200-B435-A1A734906100.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 64
  • AB3D9CF4-B3C7-41FF-9B3F-AF1DBC6176C2.jpeg
    AB3D9CF4-B3C7-41FF-9B3F-AF1DBC6176C2.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 61

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow looks to me like vandal damage I can’t see this ever happening in normal operation especially with the spoiler, there are loads of these units in breakers and they’re not too dear at the moment, wing mirrors on the other hand are around £250-£300 for a secondhand one!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like someone has tried to pull the spoiler off when it wad up or someone else has sat on it or it wasn't going all the way down and the previous owner was a bit heavy handed and tried to push it down to hard.. Wing mirror might have been broken in car park but will be costly..

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could always claim on your insurance - it was damaged while parked up. It would go down as an at fault claim though I think as there was no one else to claim from. You would have to consider your excess & possibly increased premiums too 🤔

2retro

Reaction score
You could always claim on your insurance - it was damaged while parked up. It would go down as an at fault claim though I think as there was no one else to claim from. You would have to consider your excess & possibly increased premiums too 🤔
Considering the prices Peugeot charge for parts and labour they would probably write the car off instead if you did! 😱

BexBart

Reaction score
There is someone selling spares for a passenger wing mirror on ebay

Don't know if any use for you?

All the best with your repairs.

George123

Reaction score
There is someone selling spares for a passenger wing mirror on ebay

Don't know if any use for you?

All the best with your repairs.
Saw this one earlier toda, am watching. The only problem is it’s the wrong colour. im going to have to get it sprayed £££ or maybe I’ll pop down to Halfords and get a small can and try myself. I mean, how hard can it be??? 🤔🤣

George123

Reaction score
Like your thinking there!

George123

Reaction score
Wow looks to me like vandal damage I can’t see this ever happening in normal operation especially with the spoiler, there are loads of these units in breakers and they’re not too dear at the moment, wing mirrors on the other hand are around £250-£300 for a secondhand one!
I’ve seen a couple on eBay for well over £300!
i agree, it does look like vandalism, it’s as though someone has pushed and pulled it with some force because it’s very thick reinforced plastic. Thankfully that’s the cheap bit to get hold of.

Pedro

Reaction score
I think you will need to prim
Saw this one earlier toda, am watching. The only problem is it’s the wrong colour. im going to have to get it sprayed £££ or maybe I’ll pop down to Halfords and get a small can and try myself. I mean, how hard can it be??? 🤔🤣
You may have to use a plastic primer first to key the paint into then the top use the coat as nearly all these plastic body parts are a pain to match to original paintwork its some type of coating the makers use that causes the problems
good luck 👍

George123

Reaction score
I think you will need to prim

You may have to use a plastic primer first to key the paint into then the top use the coat as nearly all these plastic body parts are a pain to match to original paintwork its some type of coating the makers use that causes the problems
good luck 👍
Yeah thanks for that Pedro. I’ve been looking at tutorials on YouTube 😬 I wonder if maybe it’s possible to take the insides of the shaft out and swap them over? That means I could use all the outside bits from mine which are the same colour.

Goatz

Reaction score
Once I’ve sourced the bits I need, is there any interest in seeing pics of removal/replacement etc? I’m more than happy to do a write up but being new here and by no means an expert, wouldn’t want you all to think I’m spamming the forum!
Yep I would be interested. I just found my wing mirror hanging off this morning 😔 I guess someone whacked it off overnight

George123

Reaction score
Yep I would be interested. I just found my wing mirror hanging off this morning 😔 I guess someone whacked it off overnight
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I’ll put something up, hoping to get it all done by the end of next week.

George123

Reaction score
Morning All,
I have another question!!!
Yesterday I managed to find a little time to have a go at replacing the active spoiler mechanism. I swapped out the spoiler and brake light after removing the old unit. Reassembled and put it back in. All seemed to be working well, except the spoiler will only go into position 1. Thinking it might just need to reset itself, I took it for a good thrash this morning. It will raise to its intermediate position at around 55mph but it will not fully raise. Even if I push the button it’s only going half up. Any ideas? Have I done/not done something or could it be a dud replacement?

George123

Reaction score
Have you tried a BSI reset?
They seem to fix quite a wide range of Peugeotisms.
Thanks for the speedy reply! I’ll try that and give it a bit of a grease up as well, can’t hurt I guess. Just out of interest so you know at all what the torx screw on the side of the motor is for? I know the smaller one is used to manually lift and lower the spoiler but there’s a larger on on the side