What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear Bumper Laquer Flaking

A

Anonymous

Not the first time that I have heard good things about that particular outfit. Goodwill it was too, after all it wasn't there fault that the previous owner did a botch job.

A

Anonymous

Glad that you've managed to get it resolved (rightly) cost free. How's it looking in the cold light of a winter's day?!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Glad that you've managed to get it resolved (rightly) cost free. How's it looking in the cold light of a winter's day?!
Totally disagree with you mrizzle :thumbdown: Why "rightly?" They made a goodwill gesture and as such that gesture should NOT be taken lightly or for granted. Well done to Robbins & Day for being a good dealership :clap:

A

Anonymous

Erm...ok RON. I think you'd feel differently had it been your car's paintwork that had been disintegrating before your very eyes.

Yes I agree, good on the dealership for not quibbling over the repair but something was clearly not right. You'll also note that the paintwork is covered under warranty. Would you have been happy enough to have been paying for repairs to Pearl's faulty paintwork or would you have demanded it repaired under warranty. I rather suspect its the latter. Sorry RON but I'm not seeing your point here at all.

A

Anonymous

I also note that you only disagree with ME yet I'm not the only person who expressed this view. :( :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Had a good look today and the only thing I am not happy about is it looks like the back edge of the plastic anti chip coating (Away from the wheel) looks like it has not stuck and is lifting, mind you its only about a mm or two, but when pressed down it has stuck again, it was maybe not properly stuck after it was put on in the first place but I am picky. I will get a photo , put it on here and see what others think. I was thinking of going round the edge of this anti chip coating using clear laquer with a very thin brush, to keep it down. Thanks for the postings

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I also note that you only disagree with ME yet I'm not the only person who expressed this view. :( :thumbdown:
This is a second hand car, the dealer that bought it and sold it on, was not privy to the botched job that had been done on the car. A warranty is only valid if it has been maintained to the manufacturers specification, which this car clearly had not been.

Therefore the dealership was well within there rights to say sorry pal "bought as seen" nothing to do with us. They quite clearly didn't and I applaud them for that. So I disagree with you saying basically "and so they should"

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
This is a second hand car, the dealer that bought it and sold it on, was not privy to the botched job that had been done on the car. A warranty is only valid if it has been maintained to the manufacturers specification, which this car clearly had not been.

Therefore the dealership was well within there rights to say sorry pal "bought as seen" nothing to do with us. They quite clearly didn't and I applaud them for that. So I disagree with you saying basically "and so they should"

I'm sorry RON but I don't agree. Why should the owners of used cars be treated as second class citizens?! :thumbdown: The "bought it as seen so any problems are yours to deal with" attitude is completely elitist and nonsensical. A second owner cannot possibly know if a vehicle has been maintained to the manufacturer's specification aside from looking at the service history. That itself only provides a very small snapshot of the overall picture. I'm sorry RON but, on this occasion, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. I'm going to say nothing else on this but that I'm glad that the initial problem has been sorted.

A

Anonymous

"A second owner cannot possibly know if a vehicle has been maintained to the manufacturer's specification aside from looking at the service history"

Agreed. The second owner was the main dealer that took in in good faith from a person that duped them. Fortunately they had the good grace to make a goodwill gesture.

"I'm glad that the initial problem has been sorted."

As obviously am I. It would have been dreadful had bottlecollector been left with the cost of the repair.

A

Anonymous

We are in complete agreement on there RON! :thumbup: Well said!

RCZ1

Reaction score
C'mon boys - we don't know that the previous owner had any work done on the paintwork. The previous dealer had no record of any work being done. It was probably one of those things that happens from time to time. Paint can be a very strange thing. Now it is sorted and at no cost, so the owner is happy :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
C'mon boys - we don't know that the previous owner had any work done on the paintwork. The previous dealer had no record of any work being done. It was probably one of those things that happens from time to time. Paint can be a very strange thing. Now it is sorted and at no cost, so the owner is happy :)

"Now it is sorted and at no cost, so the owner is happy" :clap:

Sorry RCZ1 I simply do not like goodwill gestures being taken for granted. As a person with a low regard for the majority of main dealers, I am always surprised and very grateful when I get good service and incredibly happy for goodwill gestures as I know that they are not compulsory and certainly not common.

A

Anonymous

Since I had the car done in November the back of the anti chip sheet that was applied as you can see has lifted a little back from the edge causing the white line (Its also on the other side and its the same) and also at the very top near the centre another piece has come up , so its back to the dealer next week depending on the weather of course. Will have to see what its like afterwards and will put on a photo. Also the energy economy warning light has started coming on again, I thought that was cured last July by the fitting of a new battery (At no cost to me) but its back , so thats getting looked at as well.

A

Anonymous

I had to take the car in last week to get another battery fitted as the energy economy mode light kept coming on again before starting the car(2nd so far) dealer reckons there was nothing wrong with the car but battery would not hold a charge. so they replaced it. No charge . I do not do little journeys to the local shops and back etc so whats up. Have i been unlucky and just had two faulty battery,s. Also got to go back to dealer when weather improves , probably early March to get the little blister , shown in previous posting that had come up which has now got larger sorted and to make the plastic coating look cosmetically better(The real answer is to get the whole bumper repainted but the dealer wont do that as they think it had been repaired before, before I bought the car and I do not fancy paying for the cost of doing that as it has to come off the car to do it.