What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rear badges question

A

Anonymous

p3ncilcase

The chrome horseshoe is a pig to get off. I have done the same but left mine flat with no badge. Its been sprayed tomorrow so I will see how good it looks or not?

A

Anonymous

Just thought I would put my badges up on here, nothing too fancy but I got the desired look I was after.

Both done with "Plastidip" which when sprayed on puts a thin layer of black rubber over what you spray.

Masked out 3" around the desired area and sprayed 4 -5 coats on, leaving each coat to dry before adding more.

Wait for areas to dry and remove masking sheets.

Then simply peeled away the rubber coats where it's not wanted.

Nice thing about this is, if you change your mind and you want the badges back to normal, simply peel the rubber coating of the badges.

Both front and back badges have been subject to jet washes and the front badge has endured 20,000+ miles, no peeling, no chips.

Overall I'm happy with my little mod, might be Marmite for some but hey...........

All the Best people

Beef

A

Anonymous

Beefburga said:
Just thought I would put my badges up on here, nothing too fancy but I got the desired look I was after.

Both done with "Plastidip" which when sprayed on puts a thin layer of black rubber over what you spray.

Masked out 3" around the desired area and sprayed 4 -5 coats on, leaving each coat to dry before adding more.

Wait for areas to dry and remove masking sheets.

Then simply peeled away the rubber coats where it's not wanted.

Nice thing about this is, if you change your mind and you want the badges back to normal, simply peel the rubber coating of the badges.

Both front and back badges have been subject to jet washes and the front badge has endured 20,000+ miles, no peeling, no chips.

Overall I'm happy with my little mod, might be Marmite for some but hey...........

All the Best people

Beef

I like this look.

Hey just noticed that you have no chrome on the grill either. Did you remove the strips or coat in the same way with plastidip?

A

Anonymous

Sorry forgot about the chrome trims in the grille,

These are a pig to remove, after the first one I gave up on the other two.

Friend of mine did them for me with some sort of rubberised tape which was just applied and moulded to the shape of the chrome trims.

As with the badges, if I ever fancy going back to standard, it can be removed. (again, no problems when jet washing and cleaning)

Was a bit unsure of this tape but it does a great job and it looks great up close as well as at a distance.

Beef