What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Really a possible RCZ convertible?

A

Anonymous

Ok, granted it's not going to go into production, but looking at those pics I'd say no arches, no double bubble, no point...

...but if those features could be retained in a folding roof arrangement, then maybe...maybe...the boot is big enough after all to accommodate a folding roof.

(Not that I'd be able to have one. I have a major wasp-phobia that precludes me from getting an open top car!)

Sent from my hot tub using Tapatalk 2

RCZ1

Reaction score
Having owned 3 convertibles, I've never had a wasp/bee in the car with the roof down.
I have got sunburnt on numerous occasions however ;)

dreamer

Reaction score
yeap... many sun burnts... once i was so crazy that i was driving 500kms with open roof... i could not sleep that night... :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Having owned 3 convertibles, I've never had a wasp/bee in the car with the roof down.
I have got sunburnt on numerous occasions however ;)
I've had wasps in my tin top cars and I can imagine that while driving along in an open top that would be less likely than in a tin top...but, being trapped in a traffic jam or at lights and having one buzzing round my head with nowhere to escape to fills me with horror. There's every chance I'd exit the car like I had an ejector seat!!! I'm a big girls blouse :cry::wink:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Are you allergic to their stings or is it "just" a phobia? I don't mean "just" but you know what I mean ;)

To some degree I know how you feel. About 5 years ago, I was putting some garden waste in one of our compost bins. Unbeknown to me there was a wasps nests, which I disturbed and literally hundreds of them were swarming all around me. I ran down the garden (we have a very long garden) to escape them, tearing my clothes off as I did, as they were getting everywhere. Got inside the house, they were in my hair and my ears. I got multiple stings but the worst part was the buzzing in my ears which lasted for 3 days. That noise would NOT go away :(

A

Anonymous

Oh it's a full on phobia, no allergy. I'm just a complete tart when there's a wasp around lol! But wow, do I feel for you! Even without a phobia that would have been terrifying for you :shock:

My worst sunburn was from cycling 70 miles on that blistering hot day when Princess Di got married. I had shorts and no sun cream, my thighs glowed in the dark for days!

RCZ1

Reaction score
My sister in law has the same phobia so I know to some degree how you must feel. I've done stupid things when I was younger, getting sunburnt really bad and not using sun cream. So bad that my legs were red raw and I couldn't bend them as the skin was so tight and dried. Oh the daft things we do when we are young.... ;)

A

Anonymous

I wanna know more about the hot tub :eusa-think: have u got guests :crazy: :wtf:

Hatman

Reaction score
Bit more re-search into this. It appears, according to their website, that they intend to use a similar design roof of their concept vehicle last year.

www.cbt.com.my/2012/02/29/magna-steyr-p ... or-geneva/

This was only built to show the capabilities of the Magna Steyr Company. You would of thought that Peugeot would know something about this as it is clearly stated from Magna Steyr.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
If there was the possibility to make a convertible I think it should make more sense to present it by Peugeot then by Magna Steyr.

I think is more a show off to present the world what Magna is capable of.

A

Anonymous

Joske said:
If there was the possibility to make a convertible I think it should make more sense to present it by Peugeot then by Magna Steyr.

I think is more a show off to present the world what Magna is capable of.
I agree Joske. Being able to and being able to cost effectively are two very different things.

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry...maybe it's just me but that looks fantastically pointless and awful. It looks like someone strapped an armadillo to the roof.