What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Really a possible RCZ convertible?

dreamer

Reaction score
Hi all,

today i've read this:

MAGNA STEYR is presenting the cooperation project of a sporty Peugeot RCZ convertible with a unique, textile folding roof containing glass panels. The innovative roof system emphasizes the unmistakable and perfectly shaped silhouette of the car, thus ensuring a special ambience.

probably will be presented on international motor show in Geneva:

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/premier...a-steyr-0-29470?act=search&idType=0&keywords=

seems like a new mechanism with a sliding roof, but with glass...

would really nice if this comes true! :)

regards,
dreamer

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't think this is ever going to be a reality. Peugeot have said, many moons ago, that a convertible was never on the cards. Buy a 308CC ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I don't think this is ever going to be a reality. Peugeot have said, many moons ago, that a convertible was never on the cards. Buy a 308CC ;)
They also said that there were no plans for a face lifted RCZ :eusa-think:

dreamer

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:

I already have (and will keep) a CC, but is a Megane :p

A

Anonymous

Helloooooo,

I thought I'd ask a colleague at Pinley House today if the rumours were true and alas - they're not.

So, at the moment "...there are no plans for a convertible on (the) RCZ...."

Liz ;-)

dreamer

Reaction score
road_runn3r said:
Helloooooo,

I thought I'd ask a colleague at Pinley House today if the rumours were true and alas - they're not.

So, at the moment "...there are no plans for a convertible on (the) RCZ...."

Liz ;-)

Actually the plan is only to present the car on the international motor show in Geneva... regarding to production I have no idea...

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Well I'll be interested to see what it's like. Time will tell....... :)

Maybe something like this

A

Anonymous

I've never been a fan of convertibles really (partly because of living in Aberdeen where winter temps can be year long) and if you bin the double bubble roof then I think you've lost one of the most iconic parts of the car's design. Just my thoughts.

A

Anonymous

I agree about the double bubble if they do make a convertible they will need to find a way to keep it.

A

Anonymous

A convertible in N Ireland about as much use as a paper umbrella :thumbdown: and losing the bubble roof :wtf:

dreamer

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
I've never been a fan of convertibles really (partly because of living in Aberdeen where winter temps can be year long) and if you bin the double bubble roof then I think you've lost one of the most iconic parts of the car's design. Just my thoughts.

as a concept i think is a good idea... but i agree with you... what makes this car unique is the double bubble... so will be very hard to keep this on a convertible...

A

Anonymous

Apart from the Audi A5 rag top :lol: most successfull convertibles are ones that are originally designed from scratch :thumbup: With supercars being the exceptions :cool: Aventador roadster/458 spyder catch my drift even the R8 LOOKS YUK :thumbdown: Because the coupe looks so great :cool:

dreamer

Reaction score
not only, for me the megane II CC fase II is well conceived... even better than new megane 3 or 307/8 cc...