What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ won't start this morning

A

Anonymous

A minor update - I have at last received a call from PCC.

They are looking in to it... :roll:

A

Anonymous

Not heard from dealer or PCC. Thoroughly cheesed off.

I've just written to Tim Zimmerman (Managing Director) and David Higgins (Parts & Service Director) to voice my concern. Let's see if that helps.

A

Anonymous

Well that may have helped :)

Today I received confirmation from the MD's office that they will look in to it, a call from PCC (that I missed), and a message from the dealer.

The bad news? The battery is on back order and won't be delivered until October 4th. C'mon, a battery!!!???

A

Anonymous

I had a call from PCC yesterday. The battery is expected today instead of tomorrow, and there will be no charge :thumbup:

Waiting for an update today...

A

Anonymous

Intothevoid said:
I had a call from PCC yesterday. The battery is expected today instead of tomorrow, and there will be no charge :thumbup:

Ring 'em back and demand a fully charged one ;):D:D:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
Intothevoid said:

Ring 'em back and demand a fully charged one ;):D:D:D

:clap: :clap:

A

Anonymous

I had a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon; the battery has finally arrived and is being fitted. To be left overnight to monitor its charge, so hopefully I'll be picking the RCZ up today :)

I wonder if it'll be the root cause, or whether I'll be back in a week or two?

A

Anonymous

Intothevoid said:
I had a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon; the battery has finally arrived and is being fitted. To be left overnight to monitor its charge, so hopefully I'll be picking the RCZ up today :)

I wonder if it'll be the root cause, or whether I'll be back in a week or two?

Check your tyres for "flat spots" it's been parked up for so long :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Check your tyres for "flat spots" it's been parked up for so long :lol:

Not funny. :x :lol:

The car was ready Saturday morning, so I collected it at midday to polite smiles.

It seems ok, but I'm just waiting for it to fail again. I've completely lost faith in it and it's really lost it's 'wow' factor. For the first time ever I have taken out breakdown cover. SWMBO wants to sell it and move to a marque where they value customers. Anyone have any ideas who that might be? :eusa-whistle:

Hopefully that's the end of this sorry tale. Thanks for all your support.

richard.au

Reaction score
A friend recently received their new VW mark 7.

Within a few days, it stopped.

This issue was meant to be rectified in series 7. It may not be. It has claimed at least one life here in Oz, that I'm aware.

All technology can have a failure. Random at that. It's all just crushed rocks.

Not saying the rcz might be any different. But a hiccup or two can be had, then overcome. With any brand/product.

I'm biased :) but the rcz is worth a little more 'opporchancity' :)

(By the way, if it was the battery, the whole episode is an example of poor troubleshooting by the mechanics).

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
Not saying the rcz might be any different. But a hiccup or two can be had, then overcome. With any brand/product.

(By the way, if it was the battery, the whole episode is an example of poor troubleshooting by the mechanics).

I know what you're saying, but when you completely loose your faith in something it takes a lot to get it back. Every time i get in the RCZ now I'm saying 'please start, please start'.

As for troubleshooting, don't get me started ;) I always thought that batteries degenerated slowly, not just giving up overnight. :? But what do I know? I'm not a mechanic.

From Peugeot's point of view, not only has this lost them a lot of goodwill on my part, but all the warranty work that was done was unnecessary and expensive.

Incidentally, I've not heard any more from PCC. Job done then? :roll:

A

Anonymous

Intothevoid said:
richard.au said:

I know what you're saying, but when you completely loose your faith in something it takes a lot to get it back. Every time i get in the RCZ now I'm saying 'please start, please start'.

As for troubleshooting, don't get me started ;) I always thought that batteries degenerated slowly, not just giving up overnight. :? But what do I know? I'm not a mechanic.

From Peugeot's point of view, not only has this lost them a lot of goodwill on my part, but all the warranty work that was done was unnecessary and expensive.

Incidentally, I've not heard any more from PCC. Job done then? :roll:
I sympathise, I really do. You've had a bit of an ordeal to say the least! If it helps, think of it like this: it would appear that the only fault your car had was a battery (made by a third party manufacturer) so the car itself may well have been fine all along. You've have been a victim of poor diagnostic skills and customer care by the garage that fell far short of what the owner of any car let alone a range topping model should receive. But the car itself is in all likelihood fine.

Maybe, once you're comfortable that all is well after say 2-3 weeks, give it a thorough clean then go out for the day somewhere scenic for a drive, I'm sure it'll help you re-bond with the car.

richard.au

Reaction score
Intothevoid said:
always thought that batteries degenerated slowly, not just giving up overnight.

Well, yes, you are right. (Although, a faulty one could just suddenly die).

Generally, the issue is modern electronics. We are now deeply into the digital age, and the old analog tricks and fuzzyness are behind us.

With digital, it's either on, or it's off. No in-between like analog. Once a battery voltage drops below a given threshold, the digital 'gates' cannot open, so signals do not flow.. it's all over rover. And that threshold can be crossed one day, and you will have been given no clue the problem was approaching.

As Steve has mentioned (and myself), the problem has been diagnostics, not the car. The very poor decision making process led to an over-complicated and expensive process. The mechanics need to be sent on correct trouble-shooting training courses. Such courses exist, but people assume they know everything these days. Seems like even Peugeot management need to be sent on such courses ;)

A

Anonymous

Bring back the mechanics and let them train these spotty faced technicians how the job used to be done

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
I sympathise, I really do. You've had a bit of an ordeal to say the least! If it helps, think of it like this: it would appear that the only fault your car had was a battery (made by a third party manufacturer) so the car itself may well have been fine all along. You've have been a victim of poor diagnostic skills and customer care by the garage that fell far short of what the owner of any car let alone a range topping model should receive. But the car itself is in all likelihood fine.

Maybe, once you're comfortable that all is well after say 2-3 weeks, give it a thorough clean then go out for the day somewhere scenic for a drive, I'm sure it'll help you re-bond with the car.

Steve, I'm sure you're right. My consternation is turning more towards the handling of the issue, rather than the issue itself.

But in the end, if anything else goes wrong, do I really want to be subjected to this level of service? Err, no.

I always had reservations about buying a Peugeot and unfortunately my concerns have been borne out. This comes from experience, not prejudice, as I've had two Pugs before. The RCZ may be fine, but the dealer hasn't changed.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
With digital, it's either on, or it's off. No in-between like analog. Once a battery voltage drops below a given threshold, the digital 'gates' cannot open, so signals do not flow.. it's all over rover. And that threshold can be crossed one day, and you will have been given no clue the problem was approaching.

That makes sense to me, and could explain why I didn't see any symptoms leading up to the first failure.

richard.au said:
As Steve has mentioned (and myself), the problem has been diagnostics, not the car. The very poor decision making process led to an over-complicated and expensive process. The mechanics need to be sent on correct trouble-shooting training courses. Such courses exist, but people assume they know everything these days. Seems like even Peugeot management need to be sent on such courses ;)

I was told by the dealer that their mechanic was #3 in the UK so I dread to think what other garages are like. :|

A

Anonymous

Intothevoid said:
I was told by the dealer that their mechanic was #3 in the UK so I dread to think what other garages are like. :|
Maybe I'm old and cynical but the dealer has a vested interest in you continuing to use them to the exclusion of any other so this statement may be pure spin on their part!

Either way, I take it there's no other Peugeot dealer you could use in future within a reasonable distance for peace of mind if nothing else?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I agree with Steve. I know it shouldn't be the case, and it's the same with all marques, but dealerships vary wildly with their service/customer care. My local Peugeot dealership's Service department is first class in my experiences over the last 3 years however their Sales department is NOT, hence me buying my second RCZ from a dealer 20-30 miles away. Their Sales was top notch. So, it really does vary from dealer to dealer.

A

Anonymous

I agree with both of you.

Last year I bought a Toyota Aygo from a 'warehouse' dealership for my son to learn in, and my local Toyota service department has been excellent. When you compare the RCZ to an Aygo it puts the Peugeot dealership thoroughly to shame.

And through this debacle I've bought a used mini from a Ford dealership(son's passed his test :clap: so looking to sell the Aygo), and their sales service and aftercare have been outstanding.

So yes, I know there's variation between dealerships, but why does it have to be MY dealer that's rubbish? :mrgreen: