What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Kerr

Reaction score
The market looks flat. The same cars have been up for ages. Some have been taken off Autotrader, but are still available at the garage.

A new private sale has gone up. Budget tyres, a wheel faced back so far the R has gone, and the front brakes look a mess.

They've priced it higher than garages and much higher than private sales. They are going to be disappointed.

hellomotto

Reaction score
The market looks flat. The same cars have been up for ages. Some have been taken off Autotrader, but are still available at the garage.

A new private sale has gone up. Budget tyres, a wheel faced back so far the R has gone, and the front brakes look a mess.

They've priced it higher than garages and much higher than private sales. They are going to be disappointed.
Got a link? Would love to see

Claret63

Reaction score

Yeah saw that one, good history though on the MOT.

Market is very flat for sure, same old as you say, could it be I wonder a shortage of buyers for these cars as they get older, thus look over priced to potential buyers.

I don’t think it will be long before we see the first batch of sub 10K cars.

I think to sell now you certainly have to be below 15k for an absolute minter.

Last edited:

hellomotto

Reaction score
Yeah saw that one, good history though on the MOT.

Market is very flat for sure, same old as you say, could it be I wonder a shortage of buyers for these cars as they get older, thus look over priced to potential buyers.

I don’t think it will be long before we see the first batch of sub 10K cars.

I think to sell now you certainly have to be below 15k for an absolute minter.
My tracking of the rczr market in australia is a very short period however with such low numbers and so few for sale i wouldnt have the faintest idea which way prices will go

Is it even possible the same car to be highly desirable and "meh" in another?

I briefly looked at importing one but didn't get too far

Claret63

Reaction score
My tracking of the rczr market in australia is a very short period however with such low numbers and so few for sale i wouldnt have the faintest idea which way prices will go

Is it even possible the same car to be highly desirable and "meh" in another?

I briefly looked at importing one but didn't get too far

Yes I think in France or Europe definitely more desirable, and possibly a good investment, UK definitely not in any shape or form in my opinion, best to buy enjoy and be different.

Australia wouldn’t have a clue where they would go, but must be very nice to own one due to the very low numbers though.

Flanners

Reaction score
It's not just the RCZ; from my layman's view most used car prices are falling....supercar prices have apparently fallen on average by 20-30% (some by nigh on 50%) over the last few years for some models.

For us mere mortals articles and data show that from the used/wholesale/auction car market prices have fallen. Older cars are falling more rapidly,

Price rises for used cars in 2021 were basically ludicrous so maybe the UK market is adjusting to reality.

I have seen the R increase in value from a £7K peak from what I paid 4yrs ago to a steady £4K now......now is not the time to sell any luxury item for strong money.

That lump Jay Emm and his subjective inaccurate review has done us no favours though...........:mad:

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score
It's not just the RCZ; from my layman's view most used car prices are falling....supercar prices have apparently fallen on average by 20-30% (some by nigh on 50%) over the last few years for some models.

For us mere mortals articles and data show that from the used/wholesale/auction car market prices have fallen. Older cars are falling more rapidly,

Price rises for used cars in 2021 were basically ludicrous so maybe the UK market is adjusting to reality.

I have seen the R increase in value from a £7K peak from what I paid 4yrs ago to a steady £4K now......now is not the time to sell any luxury item for strong money.

That lump Jay Emm and his subjective inaccurate review has done us no favours though...........:mad:

This is why I have changed my mind to sell, my car is too good to give away, plus I think when you step away from a good one you won’t be able to come back.

Not sure I have seen a 4k rise in these though lately, they must have been very cheap years ago …….

Flanners

Reaction score
This is why I have changed my mind to sell, my car is too good to give away, plus I think when you step away from a good one you won’t be able to come back.

Not sure I have seen a 4k rise in these though lately, they must have been very cheap years ago …….
Good plan.

The R bottomed out in value from new in 2019; some decent examples went down to £11-12K privately when I purchased (and I got just under 2yrs Peugeot Warranty with it) an absolute bargain for the performance and nature of the car; (there was one minter alluded to on here which was basically given away by it's owner end of 2019 for around £10K).

Since then values have risen; PistonHeads like the RCZR and have featured it many times over the years in their used articles; Autocar liked it too; cost of living will mean some will lower prices to off load quickly; but I think long-term values will stabilise again and further appreciate for the low mileage non-winter use garage queens.

The snob value and use of the car (badge) in the UK to assert an apparent image of Alpha male, wealth and success has always been rife, even more so now where an accessible PCP finance 'loan car' means you can basically drive a brand new (unaffordable) £80K car around for a few hundred quid a month (not owning a wheel nut on it).....throw a bespoke performance Peugeot into that and it can only end one way; especially given some of the brain dead and inane comments that Jay Emm and his followers on YouTube espouse.

The R is a driver's car, pure, basic and simple......I care not what is on the bonnet.

Last edited:

Claret63

Reaction score

The Jay Emm review, what a joke, sadly internet full of them, anyone who knows cars would hardly take notice.

To compare with the mini set up ridiculous when one is supercharged the other turbo, in my view he just didn’t get the R, like many obviously can’t appreciate it’s a driver’s car and needs to be driven!

There is so much satisfaction to be had with the R once you learn to actually drive it, something that took me a while.

Kerr

Reaction score
A new car on Autotrader for £24,000.

Either the price is way out or they think the registration plate is valuable.

Flanners

Reaction score
Looks a nice car...NI registered as no MoT history/shows NI status......so someone got a nice NI plate for a good price; good combo on the car for sure. Random 3 number NI RCZ plate's go for about £400. £24K......good to see but a tad unrealistic especially as used car prices are going down as nutty post covid mark-ups are eradicated with cost of living etc and all the 'toys' people are currently trying to offload....market for some cars is saturated with nowt shifting.

BexBart

Reaction score
The registration RCZ 270 was on a DVLA auction early last year and sold for a lot more than £400.

Flanners

Reaction score
you're right it went for £3010....exluding VAT, auction fees in March 2022.....

Claret63

Reaction score
It seems then the plate adds value to the car, the description is probably the shortest I have seen for a car, plus the shortage of pictures is really strange.

Be interested to see what it sells for, wouldn’t mind that plate on mine.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have for sale R 270 UK if anyone wants to make me an sensible offer pm me...
All drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Claret63

Reaction score
Black one, has a deposit on it, so it may sell this time, been up for a long time curious what that went for with only 27k on it.

Dingers

Reaction score
Mine is also up for sale if anyone's interested - 2014 RCZ R in Mercury Grey. 56k mls, MOT'd 'til December '23.

Full service history, all receipts from my period with the car - HPFP, thermostat housing & harness, springs, brakes, TPMS sensors, etc.

Two new tyres a couple of months ago, Toyo Proxes Sport (mid-range, but perfectly good).

Can be seen on Gumtree or Marketplace (FB).

£11950 ono as one minor electrical issue (which I'm still trying to address). Fitted a replacement ballast for a xenon light - they both work fine on low & high beam, but it's still registering the fault. Auto-electrician reckons that although the replacement unit is supposedly compatible, it's not a numbers match, Trying to get one that is is proving tricky, hence the price.