What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz-R : p000a error : time to do distribution ?

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Yo folks !!
After a long time with zero issues 5 days ago p000a error popped. Checked , and then changed the relative sensor with a new NGK.
Today popped this morning , with car a little bit still cold. If clear it car goes perfectly .98k km's , do you guys think that the time to do distribution is finally arrived and these are first signals of that ?

Pedro

Reaction score
This code amazingly means nothing but that is not entirely true it can be triggered by software bugs or numerous Mech or Elec issues & you could be spot on with the timing chain being stretched to the max but to get 98K when the timeline lifespan is around 100.000 Klm is pretty good going & shows how the engine has been properly serviced

Attachments

• P000A.PNG
    P000A.PNG
    93.1 KB · Views: 3

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Hey Pedro , got news :

Gotta admit this time was my fault.
Because i did not noticed from engine sensor scheme that there are TWO sensors, exactly the same code number.
And i changed only one LOL ( change of both camshaft sensors is MANDATORY )
So the faulty one was , clearly , the other one XD
Anyway , i replaced this morning the other one , for info i choosed two NGK ( i think the brand is waaay better than BOSCH )
Car is now going soooooo smoothly , no errors :)
So there is no need to do transmission , is just perfect.

My trusted official Peugeot mechanic said on telephone call that i've put soo much love and attention on the service of this amazing car.
Oil change every 12k kms ( Bardhal ) , paired with fresh NGK coils and sparks.
I use only Q8 Premium 100 octane fuel , and the ECU remap ( 301 hp ) is optimized for it.
K&N Panel filter cleaned at every oil change.

Gotta admit , this car is a masterpiece , it needs dedication and attention , but it is a beast for what it is :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
12k on a single oil change might be on the limit as yours is pushed to 300 horses.
I'd shorten it to 8000 km. As good as Total Quartz oils are the additives degrade quickly on engines like the R engine.

Sunseeker

Reaction score
I'm using Bardhal XTC from 2 years now and i'm really satisfied !
Btw , i'm near at 100k kms , so i think that december i will do an ispection check by my fav mechanic at the trasmission.

I'm checking cars potentially interesting to buy , but i really do not like anything new apart from McLaren MP12-C and Lotus Evora 400hp.
I think i will stay on Rcz for a couple of years more , REALLY HOPING that this " Electric " CRAP will fail and pass and we will see some other
interesting real car. BMW 140i is a really nice daily car , amazing engine , VERY tuneable and with a nice chance to customize it , but i donno ,
the R is just so amazingly beautiful to see and live it ... <3