What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R cylinder head replacement required????

lionheart

Reaction score
Hi there all, new to the forum, and only had my RCZ R for a short time.

Rear water pipe went at speed on a motorway and pulled over quickly but the head gasket has gone.

the head is also cracked, so i need a new head.

cant find one for love now money.

can anyone provide any guidance, much appreciated.......

just gutted at the moment.

Please can anyone help.

wayne

coldel

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Wayne, which one did you buy, is there any comeback via the dealer who sold it to you?

lionheart

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Wayne, which one did you buy, is there any comeback via the dealer who sold it to you?
Hi there, many thanks for the fast response, RCZ R in white 2014 plate. No help from the dealer i am afraid. warranty wasnt worth the paper it was printed on..... stunning car, love the roof. absolutely gutted, but cant find an R head. Although i quote the part number and say its for an R i keep getting offered the standard engine head?????

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it a different part? Or is it the same, and it's just the contents that are different?

coldel

Reaction score
Hi there, many thanks for the fast response, RCZ R in white 2014 plate. No help from the dealer i am afraid. warranty wasnt worth the paper it was printed on..... stunning car, love the roof. absolutely gutted, but cant find an R head. Although i quote the part number and say its for an R i keep getting offered the standard engine head?????

Ah the white one with the carbon roof? If its within 30 days (which I am pretty sure it is) then you can be going back to them under the CRA if the problem was present when you bought the car. The car needs to be of sufficient quality and fit for purpose. Something like you described sounds like a significant failure.

...and yes, again hear it all too often of dealers who wash their hands of problems once they shift the car.

lionheart

Reaction score
from what i can tell by the rocker cover gasket shape, the head is the same as the 200 bhp engine, but certainly different to the 158 bhp version, but i am not an expert.

indoldn

Reaction score
Are you after the rocker cover? It's one of the more common issues with all RCZs. You are correct the rocker cover is the same for THP200 and RCZ R.

If you are after a rocker cover, this one will fit. I waited a long time before finding one.

Both from the same place.

I bought one for my THP200 and it fits.

lionheart

Reaction score
yes i will need a new rocker cover, so thanks for that. but its the head i am looking for. all the best

Flanners

Reaction score
Have you contacted a Main Dealer? Fish Bros have been prompt with good prices. Failing that an email to Peugeot Uk.

Going to be a special order for sure, the EP6CDTR block in the R is reinforced and many engine parts were redesigned or modified. I am thinking the cylinder head could be quite pricey. I had a new turbo heat shield fitted under warranty last year and that was a special order from France and was with the Dealer in 3 days.

Pedro on here may be able to help as he has access to parts catalogue, just looked at this head and the DTR block is not listed so maybe affirms it is a different type New Bare Cylinder Head Peugeot 1.6 16v THP / VTi EP6 | eBay

Failing all that give Comkotes or Pug1Off a call they may be able to point you in the right direction......

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
The OEM part listings are as follows Cylinder Head 1.6 THP RCZ "R" 270-199KW FAI Part-J
OEM No0200GJ
0200HX 1127577371
967836981-967836981A
£713-63 for just the head only
2 yrs Warranty 14 days return
EU...Spares +44 20 38853 306

alincrieff

Reaction score

Rear water pipe went at speed on a motorway and pulled over quickly but the head gasket has gone.

Please can anyone help.

wayne
That’s a problem, Mini Cooper S same engine but not same head ! You will have problem finding one, I think there are less than a couple hundred R's in uk. EBay France ??

alincrieff

Reaction score
That’s a problem, Mini Cooper S same engine but not same head ! You will have problem finding one, I think there are less than a couple hundred R's in uk. EBay France ??

alincrieff

Reaction score
My friend John (expert who just fully rebuilt my RCZR engine) just sent me this message;

‘RczR uses different Pistons , con-rods a twin-scroll turbo but looks like the head may be the same’

He was / is also rebuilding a Mini Cooper S engine so is very familiar with both. Both had jumped their timing chains and engine was damaged.

his quote as follows ;

‘RczR uses different Pistons , con-rods a twin-scroll turbo but looks like the head may be the same.’

alincrieff

Reaction score
Might be sensible to see if you can get Cooper S Head cheap you never know ??

alincrieff

Reaction score

Please can anyone help.

wayne

alincrieff

Reaction score
just to confirm lot of the parts we used to rebuild my engine were BMW Cooper S engine parts

lionheart

Reaction score
Have you contacted a Main Dealer? Fish Bros have been prompt with good prices. Failing that an email to Peugeot Uk.

Going to be a special order for sure, the EP6CDTR block in the R is reinforced and many engine parts were redesigned or modified. I am thinking the cylinder head could be quite pricey. I had a new turbo heat shield fitted under warranty last year and that was a special order from France and was with the Dealer in 3 days.

Pedro on here may be able to help as he has access to parts catalogue, just looked at this head and the DTR block is not listed so maybe affirms it is a different type New Bare Cylinder Head Peugeot 1.6 16v THP / VTi EP6 | eBay

Failing all that give Comkotes or Pug1Off a call they may be able to point you in the right direction......
Many thanks much appreciated

lionheart

Reaction score

Many thanks much appreciated

lionheart

Reaction score
The OEM part listings are as follows Cylinder Head 1.6 THP RCZ "R" 270-199KW FAI Part-J
OEM No0200GJ
0200HX 1127577371
967836981-967836981A
£713-63 for just the head only
2 yrs Warranty 14 days return
EU...Spares +44 20 38853 306
THANK YOU for the info. That match's the number of my head.....