What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R brake downsizing

Woodso

Reaction score
Might seem a stupid point. Are any brakes other than the manufacturer's standard a "modification"?. I know from seeing some of the link's provided on this forum, that discs from various suppliers can be drilled, bigger or coloured and not "standard". Obviously going smaller is a non starter, which was the original question.

turboguy

Reaction score
I’ve recently come across these advertised on fb could be an option no price though
52260DCD-3355-48D5-9182-C8D7ED24BF18.png
Did you find out anymore on this?

turboguy

Reaction score
R brakes are fade free and much lighter then 340 mm brakes, this is a reason P. sport put them on, R brakes are fitted on rally cars A group, and are excellent, hats off to P. sport for putting them on R, cheaper discs on R OMG,do you buy cheap Chinese tyres also
its just shame that many people buy car for it looks, not his true potential, even ordinary RCZ is great fun, in winter you can slide true corners, rear end is really playful, and you can feel that car is balanced well,
Enjoy your R, dont save on it
You are correct, never skimp on car maintenance or parts if they require it. Especially on a fun car like the R. It wasn’t the looks I was after when buying one. I have always gone for performance over looks. My main criteria on a car is outright handling so have never used budget tyres on my cars. As I only drive fast through the twisty roads and never bother on the motorway. The question was is it viable to use different size discs as it’s very difficult to buy the 380mm discs and the costs involved. They all have a minimum 2 week buying time whereas normal size discs you can walk straight into a car spare shop and pick them up.