What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ front bumper

A

Anonymous

Will you be contacting me on how you intend to proceed?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Apart from what looks like a wheel arch, I cant associate the shapes in the photos with any part of my RCZ :?

A

Anonymous

I hope you recognize this, maybe you don't have an RCZ after all :dance: . It’s the front bumper, the arch exactly near the front wheel passenger side. I attached another image but the dent is not clearly visible. I have seen other RCZ having dents on both sides. It will look quite obvious and worse on darker colors such as black and dolphin blue. These dents form exactly on the arch,

Attachments

• 4.4.JPG
    4.4.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,168
A

Anonymous

I have a similar problem with the rear bumper, in so far as it flexes outward in the centre of the bumper on a hot day. Ordinarily the bumper and lip of the boot sit pretty much flush, but when it flexes it can be by as much as 1cm. I spoke to one of the service guys at the dealership and he showed me the demo car (also in black) and it exhibited exactly the same problem. But surely that doesn't make it alright??? He just put it down to a natural flex in the plastic. I'm in partial agreement, because if the bumper wasn't allowed to flex (i.e. secured in the centre of the bumper) then possibly this could cause some indentations as mentioned by the OP.

A

Anonymous

Yes you are right; the thing is that I had other cars with a flexible bumper which were fit for the purpose and did not suffer from such deformation problems. I have noticed this even as you mention on the rear bumper. It moves in and out according to the temperature experienced during the day. I think we should have an answer of how Peugeot intends to proceed, will we have a replacement fitted, will they carry any modifications on the inner frame to strengthen the fixtures, especially knowing the dents that are forming on the front arches, knowing that ¼ of the car is covered by this material.

A

Anonymous

Hi peugeot group will you be in contact with me ? What's next ? Thanks Robert