What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ front bumper

A

Anonymous

I have an RCZ opal white. Here in Malta the temperature is quite high during the summer period. it goes up circa 35 to 36 degrees celcuis. The car has only been out for 2 to 3 weeks and the front bumper is already sort of disforming. It seems that due to the high temperatures, the bumper moves. As this is only a skin, dents are forming from were the bumper is being held from. 2 dents developed on the wheel arches on the passenger side, another 2 dents which they are not always visible are under the front headlamps, they are not exactly dents, more sort of depression in the skin itself. I already saw another black GT RCZ with exactly the same problem, but it was much more worse. I haven't spoke to the local agent as yet as they already had to change one of the alloy wheels as it was damaged, did the clutch hydrolic cable conversion as the clutch padle was vibrating badly. The car is a sports model HDI with an extra pack for automatic illumination, front bumper sensors etc. Any help and did you notice this on your cars? its driving me crazy and they really look bad during the day. The car is mostly garaged, and its mostly used during the weekends as i have another peugeot which i use daily. I will take some pictures of the problem but i need to find the right lightning conditions as they are not always visible. I logged a service request with peugeot but never heard a reply from them,

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Did this happen to you? have you ever looked for these dents? at first i thought that i hit the bumper but then when i saw the same dents on another RCZ i realised that this was a common problem.

A

Anonymous

I would report it to your dealer and get Peugeot on the case. I have a black gt hdi and it can get very hot in the cabin when left in the sun, but in the uk we don't get the extremes of temperatures in the mid 30's. Hottest my car has been is 26 in cabin. Never had any dents forming. Do they disappear when car has cooled down in garage or evening?

A

Anonymous

on the arches no, but under the front headlamps they do seem to go away every now and then. I have fixed one of the dents on the arches by massaging it out but there are three fixtures under the arches holding the bumper and i cannot push one of the dents out, its exactly in the middle. I cannot understand how these cars were not tested in such temperatures.
I will speak to the dealer as per your recomendation but it will be difficult as it is not always that obvious. I had cars in the past but haven't seen something like this..

A

Anonymous

Tough one this. You could:

1) Move to a more Temperate Climate :eusa-think:
2) Keep it in the Garage at all times and just "drive" it making brmm brmm noises :auto-car:
3) Sell It :eusa-shhh:
4) Take it to the Dealer :thumbup:

Only joking with some of the above. Best bet is to take it to the Dealer and see what solution they may have.
If others are suffering also, you may find that it's already solved :eusa-whistle:

Good Luck and hope it gets sorted soon.

A

Anonymous

Wow,
i know a little about plastics and how they are extruded or formed, and for a bumper to distort, even at those types of daily temps is very unusual. Most plastic or polymers need anything from 155 to 215 degrees and more to start to break down.

Even to make a plastic or vinyl or something simular durable or flex you would be looking at over 120 degrees minimum.

A

Anonymous

Plastic seems to make a movement with changes in temperature and you must come to Malta during the summer to feel the heat. I spoke with a local body shop and he has informed me that he sees such problems with other marks. I know that it is difficult to get it down. But where ever there is a fixture under the bumper it seems that it is showing up on the surface due to movement.

I hope that someone from Peugeot replies to my querry i have posted in there support website

A

Anonymous

Personaly i think this could be an actual fault with the moulded bumper on your car, maybe it is a thinner gauge in places than it should be, this is why it could be flexing and then letting fixings show through .

It is a strange problem though.

FGRob

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the indents under the lights are where the washer jets fit, so if you have not got them fitted then they are not cut out, I had the same deformation on mine and could be seen in certain lights - especially dark colours, it's all about the grade of plastic that is used - not a great deal can be done I'm afraid

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I went at the dealer and the one in the showroom was in a very bad shape. It had the dents both sides of the arches and one of them was quite obvious. I spoke to the sales man and his answer was that this is normal with plastics but for me this is not an answer because none of the other models had the same problem. I think the skin of the bumper is quite thin and its not fit for the purpose. Now I spoke with the manager and I asked him to check the one he has in the showroom, I am waiting for an answer.

Quality control seems very lacking, this is my 3rd problem with the car

A

Anonymous

The local agent just phoned, and informed me that I am being too picky and that is normal. I will be formally writing to them as this is not the reply I was expecting. People have you checked your rcz about this ? I will take some photos and post them for you

A

Anonymous

I always try to park the car in a place with shadows, but that's not always possible. Here in valencia you can perfectly be at 30-37º in summer, so the car can reach 40-50 degrees easily and I've seen no problem at all.

A

Anonymous

I have already seen 3 RCZ here in Malta with the same prob. including the one in the showroom. Maybe not all RCZ are affected with the same problem.

A

Anonymous

Gatt767, perhaps you could post some photos so we know exactly what to look for? I'm in Sydney Australia and it regularly exceeds 40C here in summer but I've only had my RCZ since April and it's winter down here right now. I've been more concerned with how the leather dash will withstand an Australian summer with inside temperatures in a parked car reaching 65C and inside surface temperatures exceeding 90C.

A

Anonymous

I haven't noticed anything and I also live in a warm climate (Greece).
Could you post some pictures?

A

Anonymous

Hi gatt767,

Could you confirm the VIN/Chassis Number of your RCZ - the last 8 digits will suffice and also the supplying Dealer/Agent in Malta. Photos would be useful. We'll take a look at the problem.

A

Anonymous

Will do today once i am back from work. i will be taking photos and post them for you to have a look, the chassis number is the following VF34JRHH8Ap016555 and the Dealer is Michael Attard Ltd Malta.

A

Anonymous

I tried my best to get a good pic. As said, i have already fixed one of the dents by massaging it out. On other colours these are more obvious and they are clearly visible on both sides

Attachments

• 1.1st pic.jpg
    1.1st pic.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 3,792
  • 2.2nd pic.jpg
    2.2nd pic.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,792
  • 3.3rd pic.jpg
    3.3rd pic.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3,792