What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Asphalt Parking Sensor

A

Anonymous

Hi tianorth & DKZ5745, I had some time today so had a go at getting access to the parking sensors, There are five allen screws and four push fit fixings, well I think that's about right. I was able to remove the housing shown as Item No3 in the diagram which fits to the bumper that incorporates the fog/reversing light and the twin exhaust pipes, although the housing would not come completely off due to something holding it at the left hand side viewed from the back I think it was something to do with the twin exhaust pipes. However, when it was lowered it still gave me full access to all the parking sensors and wiring. If I could have compeletly removed the housing it would have been far easy to refit the bracket and sensor to the bumper, but as I have sold the car all I wanted was to get it held in place and working which I have now done. I am sure if the Peugeot garage had a body shop they would have been able to get the bracket and sensor refitted, and not say it's a complete bumper replacement at a cost of £600+, I did check with a private body shop and when I showed him my sensor bracket I was told the brackets are all very similar and can be removed from old bumpers and glued to back to another bumper. Well I have achieved what I set out to do and now have all the sensors working again, it would be nice to have a look at the electrical service manual as I am sure you should be able to short out two pins to make the circuit think there is a working sensor fitted should one go down. Thanks to all how replied and the information they gave. :beer: HB

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted without too much pain, especially in the wallet.

Sorry to see you go from the Z brotherhood though, you know you will regret it later :lol:

:wave:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
Glad you got it sorted without too much pain, especially in the wallet.

Sorry to see you go from the Z brotherhood though, you know you will regret it later :lol:

:wave:

Hi I am sure you may be correct and I will regret it, however, my Asphalt is 4 years old, ok I don't do that many miles in a year so that should not be a problem. I know I will miss the look and the prestige. When the RCZ was in for them to try to fit the parking sensor, I went for a test drive in a 208 Gti Prestige, I have to say it drives very, very well. So this is what I have on order, the colour is Orange Power. The good things with the new car; lower road tax, lower running costs, no service charges or MOT's for the next few years and I think I got a good trade in price. Also due to my age this may well be the last car I buy and one I can still drive like hell! :thumbup: HB

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Good choice for a replacement, until you get an R that is.

Happy motoring in your new ride :thumbup: