What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200GT-LINE

A

Anonymous

But some of us aren't going to die in a cold and lonely place!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Personally, I think if the manufacturer, or even an individual finds a way of improving the looks of any of their models, I don't see the harm in it. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Wrapper while I fully appreciate that's aimed at a certain x RCZ owner who lives north of the border,,,, but it made me laugh!

A

Anonymous

stingray_dave said:
again biggyrick and mrizzle I just think we have different takes on cool cars e.g. my vette has tuning parts I would bet you would have to google to know it even exists (harmonic balancer anyone?) which takes it up to circa 500BHP while retaining a totally stock exterior ie not a wrap or quad exhaust in sight
it doesn't mean I'm right or your wrong
I just still struggle with "look a like" cars and while I realise its a popular route for manufacturers to follow it doesn't mean I have to think its right or that I have to change my opinion that the people who drive them are a little sad!

I disagree again (though I am little unsure quite why I am being dragged into this). I think a lot of cars are awesome for a whole range of different reasons. It may be looks, it may be performance, it may be innovation. It depends on the car and I can appreciate a lot of different cars for a lot of different reasons. I understand that you have a classic Corvette (a car which I told you I have always thought cool when you first joined) but let's have a little look at what Corvette are doing with their styling today...

Notice anything? ;) Oh...and yup, I think that these are cool too.

Now, I'm being flippant and I'm honestly not baiting (although I actually do know exactly what a harmonic balancer does to reduce vibration...and nope I didn't even need Google, my Uncle builds hot rods in Houston in his spare time...genuinely) and I would genuinely love to learn more about some of the sleeper cars that you have built. However, I would argue that any mainstream production car is technically lookalike. Styling kits be it manufacturer approved or fitted are part of what personalises a car...admittedly they can be atrocious in my eyes but I don't think anyone should be shamed by wanting to make their car as visually appealing (to them) as they wish or their budget allows. Interested by your views though and I hope that my post doesn't sound antagonistic because I don't intend it to. It's sometimes hard to convey properly on a forum.

Oh...for the record, I currently have twin Remus exhausts...and I think that they're cool and I have absolutely no intentions to change them.

A

Anonymous

Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other a good and well constructed post my man!

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
stingray_dave said:
But some of us aren't going to die in a cold and lonely place!
Yes.but most of us dont live in Aberdeen, :D

stingray_dave said:
Wrapper while I fully appreciate that's aimed at a certain x RCZ owner who lives north of the border,,,, but it made me laugh!

I laughed too. Gentlemen, I'm not easily offended and don't really get flustered by a bit of niggle.

A

Anonymous

stingray_dave said:
Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other

Agreed and I welcome a difference of opinion and the opportunity to learn from others. Thank you for your decency. :clap:

2retro

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
stingray_dave said:
Hi mdrizzle I think we know each other well enough to know that a slight disagreement in outlook doesn't not mean we should spent the rest of our time on the forum throwing hand grenades at each other

Agreed and I welcome a difference of opinion and the opportunity to learn from others. Thank you for your decency. :clap:
Group hug? ;)

A

Anonymous

2retro said:
mrizzle said:
stingray_dave said:

Group hug? ;)

A

Anonymous

I believe mdrizzle is what you scots have for weather up there on a daily basis!! :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

stingray_dave said:
I believe mdrizzle is what you scots have for weather up there on a daily basis!! :eusa-think:

Generally yes but no sign of drizzle today for mrizzle! Be warned...this could mean that the world is coming to an end so do something good with your day!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I read somewhere that it only ever rains in Scotland on days ending in Y :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
I read somewhere that it only ever rains in Scotland on days ending in Y :eusa-whistle:
56 People coming your way soon will disagree. :shock: